It's like folks are just searching for things to nitpick on NLOTH.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no, there is plenty I love about it and some stuff I dislike I'm not looking for stuff to pick at, some of it is right there in front of me.

I'm just not some suck ass fan who will love everything they do.

People just need to chill out, the album is going to take it's up's and downs from everybody for the next few months. If you like it then hey there's another album you can enjoy.

not sure that this really needs its own thread, but i suggest just not reading the negative comments.

i, for one, have only visited the "i seem to not like this album" thread once. and that's all i could take. the last thing i want is to read someone else's opinion before i fully develop my own.

Look, there hasn't been anything to nitpick since nitpicking about the album not leaking ended last Tuesday. Two days without nitpicking about something related to U2 is enough. Let's be realistic.

Honestly, I think we're appreciating it just fine. Some of your more pretentious critics, however, need to stop BAAAAAAAWWWWWWing about how Bono is a jerk because he uses his fame to try to save lives (I know, what an asshole, right?) and how, like, U2 is totally not indie so they MUST suck and actually listen to the damn album.
(Not trying to say it's perfect...I'm not a huge fan of WAS, for example.)

considering like 95% (or more?) of Interference thinks its somewhere between Great and their Best ever, I don't think we're nitpicking too much

considering like 95% (or more?) of Interference thinks its somewhere between Great and their Best ever, I don't think we're nitpicking too much
:hmm:
You have a good point there!
(Oh, and just for comparison's sake, does anyone remember how the post-leak hype for HUTDAB compared to NLOTH?)

This has been one of their least controversial releases.
Pretty much universal critical acclaim. 98% of Interference thinks it's the greatest thing
since sliced bread. Even the critical reviews have found something positive to say about the album. For a band of U2's stature and, ahem, maturity it's been an amazing reception so far. And I love it, if that matters. :drool:
Now watch it sell like Trout Mask Replica. :lol:

not sure that this really needs its own thread, but i suggest just not reading the negative comments.

i, for one, have only visited the "i seem to not like this album" thread once. and that's all i could take. the last thing i want is to read someone else's opinion before i fully develop my own.

Hmm- how can you do that out here? There is opinion on this album sprinkled, tarred and feathered everywhere!

You might have browsing skills that I need to learn! If so, post them!

If you want to read yet anohter "appreciation" thread; check this one out -- I did it for fun, but it got moved -- bummer )-:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f200/bwu2buffs-appreciation-thread-193772.html

Yeah I agree. I think there was a lot more nitpicking when Boots came out.

Sicy -- what happens to the cat on the equals sign in your cool graphic if the album art for the "normal" jewel case does not have said equals sign that cuased such a fun hubub and poll about 3 weeks ago?

Maybe you could insert a fish for the cat to chase?:wink:

These boards are a bit surreal in my opinion -- there is debating and prose and complaining and defending and polling and listing and on and on and on about an album that is officially being released, in about 2 weeks -- amazing.

When this band changes album styles some fans fall away and new fans come on.

New fans come on?

Nah I don't think this album is really going to attract new fans. I still think it's awesome though.

By the way what is the deal with this third masterpiece bs? U2 already have made a third masterpiece- it's called zooropa. NLOTH could come in fourth or fifth on my list maybe...

I can say that I've had the most positive reaction to this album on the initial listen since Achtung Baby. My favorite four are UF, JT, AB, and Zooropa, but it took me years to settle into Zooropa, and by extension, Passengers. The last 3 albums have just eluded me except for a handful of songs. So any criticism I have for NLOTH is nothing but positive criticism. I think it would have been impenetrably strong with 3 other songs replacing the pop trio of Crazy Tonight, Boots, and Comedy. And maybe in the case of comedy that song would have been saved by some better lyrics. But that's just me and I know that people like different types of songs, so it's no big deal. This is a galactic shift from the past two in overall quality and bravery.

These boards are a bit surreal in my opinion -- there is debating and prose and complaining and defending and polling and listing and on and on and on about an album that is officially being released, in about 2 weeks -- amazing.

Well you aint seen nothing yet. :hyper:

First time for interference album release, huh? :wink:
Album will be available tomorrow on MySpace. but it's all over the internet already. :heart:

I also think some are spoiling it for themselves by trying so hard to find something that is not great about that album. No Line is about emotion and atmosphere, it just has to kick in, no need to over-analyze every little detail.

we are allowed to nitpick if we choose..it is the internets, no?

that's what AL Gore had in mind when he created it, no?

Look, the album is fantastic, but in my humble opinion, there are a few negative things that JUMP right out at some of us that can't be ignored. And we are allowed to voice our opinions...especially in this particular thread.

Back
Top Bottom