Italians do it better [RUMOR]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Problem is the new football season has started by then

Wembley only plays host to showcase games like FA Cup Final and England games so U2 could play there at the end of August as there is a England game there in early September.

Coldplay have also 2 dates booked at the stadium on September 19th & 20th which in my opinion would of been much better timing!

I can't imagine anything better than U2 in Wembley Stadium! I'm hoping for stadiums. Although in an ideal world, I'd love to see em in a stadium and an arena.

wow. so much for me not looking at setlists and not listening to bootlegs. that's too long to wait.

good for you Europe. it's been a while since you got a start of a tour. wait, have you ever gotten a 1st leg?
U2 were touring Ireland and the UK well before anywhere else - 1980 anyone?

Wembley only plays host to showcase games like FA Cup Final and England games so U2 could play there at the end of August as there is a England game there in early September.

Coldplay have also 2 dates booked at the stadium on September 19th & 20th which in my opinion would of been much better timing!

What will they do outside of London though ?

They played Manchester twice I think in 2005, played Glasgow and Cardiff I think. On Elevation I believe they played Birmingham NIA. And on Popmart and Zoo TV they played Roundhay Park in Leeds which would suit me fine as that is local for me. Although I strongly doubt they will grace Yorkshire again unfortunately!

I've said it before and i'll say it again...give me the O2 over Wembley anyday. It's a thousand times better for live gigs.

I would prefer O2 as well

But i can see the following:-

x2 Wembley Stadium
x2 City of Manchester Stadium
x1 Millenium Stadium
x1 Hampden Park
x2 Croke Park

January 19:th. It'll be a day to remember.

Fun to see that we in Europe gets the summer, it's even more fun in the Summer than in the Fall. :applaud:

I personally would be dissapointed if they start the tour in Europe, but that's just because I live in the states. It's not like Europe doesn't deserve it after the past I don't know how many tours kicked off in America. I personally really like the rawness the tours have at the beginning. I thought it was awesome that they changed the set around so much at the start of the Vertigo tour...it made things that much more exciting.

hi,

I'm Lucia - Luxy - the italian girl who was in Hanover quay last thursday.
First of all thanks for the big lasagna picture, that's my favourite meal....:applaud:
About the rumours, I just posted to my friends of u2place.com the news that I had from Sam O'Sullivan and Adam Clayton. They both told me, even if it's still unofficial, that the single will be released on radio the 19th of january and the tour will start next summer in Spain, probably at the end of june...they're gonna play in my country in July and Adam told about Amsterdam too.
They also added that they missed the first leg in Usa because the new album in coming out next march. So the tour will start in europe (stadiums) and then Usa (indoor shows).Talking with Sam O'sullivan ( one of the kindest man I've ever spoken to) I understood something about O2 in London ( maybe 2 shows ) but I'm not sure, but he confirmed me that the album is done and it's already in production.
There were people working for the promonotial things too, so it's clear that the big machine is moving on!...I had the impression that they're in hurry, quite nervous and definitely busy!!...but it's ok...they're gonna make it as always.

luxy

Cool story. So the USA leg, you're saying, would have been first and would have started very soon, only the album was pushed back more than 3 months so that USA leg was scrapped and apparently tacked on more toward the end?

Interesting stuff.

^ Yeah, that's what I thought. When I heard the album would come out in March, I immediatly thought they'd start the tour in Euorpe because it would be too little time to start in the US in spring. Great news, thanks for sharing! :up:

Although I really like the idea of seeing the band when they are first debuting new music, the silver lining may be that the US might be the first to get a mid-tour Zooropa/Lovetown change-up. :drool: Of course, that assumes that Larry is to be believed about soon putting out another record. :huh:

hi,

They also added that they missed the first leg in Usa because the new album in coming out next march. So the tour will start in europe (stadiums) and then Usa (indoor shows).

Wow, thanks for sharing. the best thing about this is USA (INDOORS). OMG, I hope that's true.

hi,

First of all thanks for the big lasagna picture, that's my favourite meal....:applaud:
About the rumours, I just posted to my friends of u2place.com the news that I had from Sam O'Sullivan and Adam Clayton. They both told me, even if it's still unofficial, that the single will be released on radio the 19th of january and the tour will start next summer in Spain, probably at the end of june...they're gonna play in my country in July and Adam told about Amsterdam too.
They also added that they missed the first leg in Usa because the new album in coming out next march. So the tour will start in europe (stadiums) and then Usa (indoor shows).Talking with Sam O'sullivan ( one of the kindest man I've ever spoken to) I understood something about O2 in London ( maybe 2 shows ) but I'm not sure, but he confirmed me that the album is done and it's already in production.
There were people working for the promonotial things too, so it's clear that the big machine is moving on!...I had the impression that they're in hurry, quite nervous and definitely busy!!...but it's ok...they're gonna make it as always.

luxy

Cool story, but what are they doing at hanover quay? they are done recording arent they? or is it more than a recording facility? Just curious:)

hi,

luxy

Grazie, Luxy!
I don't care where the tour starts next year as long as there is a tour (US will eventually get ours and more, we always do). Makes sense to let the momentum build after the album release to ensure max ticket sales everywhere (although after 3-4 years of no shows, don't really see this becoming a problem).

Sam told me that they're just planning 2009..."for the moment" he said....I think they're in hq working on the promotion of the album, I just went to Dublin for a weekend and made a walk in hanover quay...I was lucky!:wink:...I could see Bono without his hat!

Back
Top Bottom