Italians do it better [RUMOR]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, now you know our pain.

Fall US leg :drool:

Pain? 66% of the elvation tour shows were in one country.

more than 50% of Vertigo shows were in one country.

Try they didnt even visit australia on elevation, and cancelled vertigo, only to come 9 months later.

THAT my friend, is pain

Try they didnt even visit australia on elevation, and cancelled vertigo, only to come 9 months later.

THAT my friend, is pain

Oh, no, the Aussies get royally screwed every tour. My sympathies.

I was talking about the UK folks who might complain about getting "raw" shows when we've gotten them every single tour for over a decade.

^ lol, this thread is kjust getting dirtier! Italians 'doing it better', and now people are talking about Brazilians :p

just joking guys.

And LM, very true, but in the end, when the tour is finished, the raw shows are the more interesting ones on boots, so they will have some good memories

And LM, very true, but in the end, when the tour is finished, the raw shows are the more interesting ones on boots, so they will have some good memories

Indeed.

I went to a (late) first leg gig during Vertigo and had no major complaints about the performance itself, but Bono's voice was rough. He was getting over a cold, I think. That was bad timing more than anything else though.

I know that leaks have happened in the past, but it just seems like U2 have wised up. Instead of sending stations the song and saying "don't place this until such and such date", I think they'll send it electronically and let the stations go crazy as soon as they receive it. Do stations always receive hard copies first, even with super-anticipated songs?

Of course, I would love to be very wrong.

No, I actually can agree with you. They do seem to have wised up with this album, or are at least handling things differently. And I do think radio stations get electronic files (Heck, part of me thinks I remember a station here downloading Discotheque back in the day.) Anywho, that said, there seems to be a lot of chatter about stations planning on playing something next week some time, and there typically is a handful of stations (certainly those ahead in the time zones) who play new singles earlier for certain bands. Maybe they’ve been loyal to the band for a long time. I dunno. The chances might be slimmer for it to leak, but I still think the odds favor a leak. I could very well be wrong though.

No, I actually can agree with you. They do seem to have wised up with this album, or are at least handling things differently. And I do think radio stations get electronic files (Heck, part of me thinks I remember a station here downloading Discotheque back in the day.) Anywho, that said, there seems to be a lot of chatter about stations planning on playing something next week some time, and there typically is a handful of stations (certainly those ahead in the time zones) who play new singles earlier for certain bands. Maybe they’ve been loyal to the band for a long time. I dunno. The chances might be slimmer for it to leak, but I still think the odds favor a leak. I could very well be wrong though.

I have said this before, but the Killers album never leaked. It seems labels are wising up for big releases, and there appear to be safeguards in place that actually do work.

Not saying it won't leak, but some people may get very frustrated and disappointed (when the killers album was due, i was tearing my hair out for two weeks, because 'it had to leak' and surely 2 weeks was areasonable time-frame'.)

Yeah, now you know our pain.

Fall US leg :drool:
Yes, I do.
If that succeeds, I hope that it means that they'll get back to Europe in 2010 (it could be pretty possible, isn't it? Specially if they plan to release more material soon - this is just speculation-imagination). Then, if that's what'll happen, I hope they exclude Portugal from that first leg and include it on that 2010 leg.

And please, don't perform in Parque da Bela Vista (I hate that place! Very bad for big concert shows) like Madonna did.

Indeed.

I went to a (late) first leg gig during Vertigo and had no major complaints about the performance itself, but Bono's voice was rough. He was getting over a cold, I think. That was bad timing more than anything else though.
It's common knowledge that the first shows in almost all tours are not impressive when compared with latter-leg shows. Popmart first shows were a disaster, first Vertigo shows were no big deal (Bono's voice had "nights", setlist was always changing as if U2 was rehearsing and looking for "that thing" that really results, etc) and first leg Zoo Tv shows are very raw comparing to the Outside Broadcast ones, for instance.

THAT my friend, is pain
Agreed! That's real pain (no complaints deserved... eh eh eh:wink:)

I have said this before, but the Killers album never leaked. It seems labels are wising up for big releases, and there appear to be safeguards in place that actually do work.

Not saying it won't leak, but some people may get very frustrated and disappointed (when the killers album was due, i was tearing my hair out for two weeks, because 'it had to leak' and surely 2 weeks was areasonable time-frame'.)

I hate to say this, but part of me almost doesn't want it to leak. (A very small part of me.) I've wondered what it would mean for the sales of the album and excitement build up if it didn't leak. You know?

Tour starts in Europe? :|
I wish it didn't. The first shows in a U2 tour are always too raw and preparing the path for the tour, like they were the real rehearsals. I think that, usually, the best shows are the latter ones. Not necessarily in quality, but in atmosphere and emotion.

i disagree, the first few shows of every tour are the best in atmosphere. the unknown, and the excitement with it all just getting started. with the exception of popmart, they all seem to have their stuff together from the get go. vertigo, you got a ton of suprises in the setlist early, that virtually disappeared later on in the tour. i went to the first 7 shows of elevation, and even though all the ones at the end of the tour were still great- they didn't match the excitement level of the early ones.

the europe stadium shows seemed really good for vertigo, but its like they get on cruise control by then. they are so dialed in, and it becomes so slick, i would prefer the unknown of the earlier shows.

in the end, they all are great. to be upset by seeing earlier ones vs later ones is silly. they don't play bad shows. it may be different seeing the early ones, but the excitement level is incredible.

This sounds promosing!
And I will allow myself a lot of holiday this year...

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Call me crazy... but in my opinion In terms of first singles I think leaks generate more hype. Hard to say if it hurts the album sales as a whole.

I thought if I was in a band big enough I would leak very low quality mp3's and let it flood the p2p. That way people get to listen to it and build hype. By the time the high quality does leak it becomes harder to track down and is easier to just buy it. but just a theory.:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom