Italians do it better [RUMOR]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Birmingham NEC was great on the Elevation tour, lovely intimate venue relatively speaking

With regards to Manchester Old Trafford (cricket) has held a few shows i dont think the lack of seats would be a problem. I say give Birmingham a shot for once, Villa Park for instance

I hope they don't play the cricket ground but if its either that or skipping Manchester alltogether then I'd have to settle for it.

I saw REM there in the summer and basically a General Admission ticket allowed you to choose between pitch standing or the seating on a first come first served basis.

Interesting to note that for bands playing Wembley Stadium next year (Take That, ACDC, Coldplay, etc) a General Admission ticket can either get you pitch standing or unreserved seating in the level one section. Is this normal for all UK stadium shows?

I think it will be Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh this year.:up:

There's allready 7 summer gigs lined up for Hampden...

I think this may be relevant to those expecting Wembley Stadium gigs. Am i right in thinking Brent(?) council limit the amount of concerts, theres already at least 7 i think

HORIZON TOUR 2009 - EUROPE - LEG 1

JUNE

07 ?
09 Valencia
10 Valencia
14 Rome
16 Rome
18 Milan
20 Paris
21 Paris
23 Brussels
25 Rotterdam
26 Rotterdam

JULY

01 London
02 London
04 London
05 London
08 Dublin
09 Dublin
11 Dublin
12 Edinburgh
14 ?
16 Copenhagen
18 Stockholm
25 Helsinki
26 Tallin
27 Moscow
29 Bucharest
30 ?

AUGUST

01 ?
02 ?
03 italy ?
07 ?
08 ?
09 Berlin
-- ?
-- ?
-- ?

I got it from another forum

:D:D:D:D

some cities missing there - Prague, Vienna, Munich, Zurich, ... Italy - Milan & Rome - according to last voices I have are confirmed. Not officially yet, as all the dates on the tour will go out together. And tip I got is that guys will be back to, are planing to be back to Sarajevo !!!
Did anybody else here have more tips, voices, ... about dates, cities, venues, ... ?!? :hmm: :wave:

I also highly doubt if 8,9,11 July will happen, since The boss will be in dublin on 11,13 and 14 July..

and shouldn't it be Amsterdam in stead of rotterdam?

some cities missing there - Prague, Vienna, Munich, Zurich, ... Italy - Milan & Rome - according to last voices I have are confirmed. Not officially yet, as all the dates on the tour will go out together. And tip I got is that guys will be back to, are planing to be back to Sarajevo !!!
Did anybody else here have more tips, voices, ... about dates, cities, venues, ... ?!? :hmm: :wave:
Stockholm lacks a decent stadium - they always do Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg

I really do doubt that they will only play London in Britain. If they did it would be the first tour that they have.

I really do doubt that they will only play London in Britain. If they did it would be the first tour that they have.

Not to imply that I place any belief in the list's accuracy at all, but if we just assume it is, then there is the 14th of July with a question mark and another British concert could slot in comfortably there, and then a whole bunch of question marked dates in August that could accommodate it. U2 don't have to play all their gigs in one country consecutively - for example, all three German concerts on Vertigo were not only not played consecutively, but were played in three different months.

They won't play London on 1st 2nd July as Wembley Stadium is already booked out

I also highly doubt if 8,9,11 July will happen, since The boss will be in dublin on 11,13 and 14 July..

and shouldn't it be Amsterdam in stead of rotterdam?
If you sir want to actually hear U2 at their best you know they need to go to Rotterdam DE KUIP.

The Arena is nice because of it's roof but the sound is awfull, it can't get close to the sound you hear in de kuip. So i hope they go to Rotterdam.

RTL2 radio just announced the following dates :
July 11th, July12th : Paris - Stade De France
July 13th : Nice

kinda 3 night stand for France

:D

2 shows in Valencia? and where are Madrid and Barcelona? I believe they would be more logical choices for two shows than Valencia. Maybe Valencia could get a third Spanish show, which would be great since I know they are very passionate about the band in that city :hmm:

If you sir want to actually hear U2 at their best you know they need to go to Rotterdam DE KUIP.

The Arena is nice because of it's roof but the sound is awfull, it can't get close to the sound you hear in de kuip. So i hope they go to Rotterdam.

I agree completely, but what i meandt is that band members already mentioned that they will come to Amsterdam.
But how great would it be if they decided to go to Rotterdam!

:hmm: well guess is normal that those dates are less or more speculative ones - as says "working ones". but for sure all rumours we have, hear, ... have something true ! And for sure some cities will be added into route, in germany, uk, scandinavia, mid & south europe. cos at the end, could be that on certain day any stadium can't be available and on this the schedule must be rotated. main point is only this one; some cities are already confirmed and this summer in europe will be :applaud: very loud and we will :dancing: with some :beer: ...

U2 at the Emirates ?

I don't thank that would be great thing with the curfew...... I heard that the local council are allowing 3 gigs there is the summer after the success of the Springsteen gigs last year.

U2 at the Emirates ?

I don't thank that would be great thing with the curfew...... I heard that the local council are allowing 3 gigs there is the summer after the success of the Springsteen gigs last year.

I think any curfew would apply to emirates, wembley, twickenham, hyde park.
They had to rush the encore twickenham 18/6 on vertigo to beat the clock. Whereas in Barcelona they didnt come on stage until about 10pm. Its just the local hitlers dont like people enjoying themselves TOO much and the train drivers (if still running) would be on double bubble any later probably

Also the maximum volume at the Emirates, a permitted by Islington Council, is 75 decibels. Organisers of the Bruce Springsteen concert even had to install a massive curtain to cut noise pollution to surrounding areas at a cost of £100,000. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you the sound during the concert was atrocious and really pissed off a lot of the paying customers.

I am quietly confident that the UK & Ireland shows will be in mid to late July.

No source, no rumours, no unofficially unconfirmed reports.

Just a hunch.

Back
Top Bottom