It should been intressting...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
To hear how Bono will use his voice on the new album, if I remember right he told one magazine that he wants to make music that use his voice more.

Bono sounds different on every album, but I think that the difference between the Bomb and the new album will not be as big as the 4 years:

80 to 84
84 to 89
89 to 93
93 to 97
97 to 01
01 to 05

But if he stop smoke, lost weight, drink less and talk less, well then it could be a real difference. That will imporove his voice even more, I think his voice will be much cleaner, richer and he will get a stronger falsetto.

We knew how much he improved for each leg on Vertigo(except 4th leg). He was amazing on 5ht leg.

Last edited:
Peterrrrr said:
but I think that the difference between the Bomb and the new album will not be as big as the 4 years:

What?

You praise how good his voice was during Vertigo, you heard WITS and how much he used his falsetto, and you think we'll get a similar voice to Bomb?

Re: Re: It should been intressting...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

What?

You praise how good his voice was during Vertigo, you heard WITS and how much he used his falsetto, and you think we'll get a similar voice to Bomb?

Well, there is a change there but not that much. I listen to Mercy two days ago, wich I havent done for a while and wow! His voice performence there is incredible. Ofcourse there will be a difference. But compare his voice on Bomb to now, there isnt as different as the ATYCLB to Bomb or LT to ZooTV.

Re: Re: Re: It should been intressting...

Peterrrrr said:

But compare his voice on Bomb to now, there isnt as different as the ATYCLB to Bomb or LT to ZooTV.

:huh:

ATYCLB to Bomb? Really? Where do you see a differnce? I can see LT to ZooTV but the other?

From ATYCLB to Bomb is a difference, his voice is much stronger now, although he uses the falsetto not as much as he should do.

Im sure the next album will sound fine.

For some reason everytime I hear some tracks on ATYCLB it sounds like Bono smoked a pack of cigs. before he recorded. His voice is alot stronger and clearer on HTDABB.

Re: Re: Re: Re: It should been intressting...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

:huh:

ATYCLB to Bomb? Really? Where do you see a differnce? I can see LT to ZooTV but the other?

Yes, there arehuge difference, on ATYCLB/Elevation tour, he was very hoarse and had problems hitting notes,just compare Elevation tour versions to Vertigo versions of:

BD
AOH
Pride(the chours)
MW
WOWY
Desire
Kite
Discotheque
ISHFWILF
Bad
Elevation(the falsetto on Elevation tour was pre-recorded)

There's a huge difference, Bono's voice is much cleaner, he hit high notes...

phillyfan26 said:
His voice never really improved till Leg 5 of the Vertigo Tour.

Yes, there where realy an a improvement. He sang almost every song better :) The only strange thing was that he sang SYCMIOYO and COBL better on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd leg. :huh:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It should been intressting...

Peterrrrr said:

Yes, there arehuge difference, on ATYCLB/Elevation tour, he was very hoarse and had problems hitting notes,just compare Elevation tour versions to Vertigo versions of:

BD
AOH
Pride(the chours)
MW
WOWY
Desire
Kite
Discotheque
ISHFWILF
Bad
Elevation(the falsetto on Elevation tour was pre-recorded)

There's a huge difference, Bono's voice is much cleaner, he hit high notes...

I was talking albums, not tours.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It should been intressting...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I was talking albums, not tours.

Yes, his voice is very different from ATYCLB. He is very hoarse on that album. There's no way he could had sing Vertigo, SYCMIOYO, LAPOE, Mercy, Native Son with his ATYCLB voice.

Back
Top Bottom