Is 'Winter' THE song U2 should re-work for the new album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crazy Tonight is progressive? It has one of the laziest Edge riffs of all time.

It's U2 in pure, unabashed pop mode. "Sweetest Thing" on speed.

I've never heard them sound like that. The vocals, the strings, Adam, the song itself.

If ya hate pop songs, you're gonna hate it. But they've never sounded like that before.

New. Progressive.

For U2.

The playlists are funny cause they leave off the more progressive U2 tracks.

Like them or not, "Get On You Boots", "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight", & "Stand Up Comedy" each go to new places for the band.

Wheras "Winter" is rather typical for U2.

Hard to square that with constant complaints the band isn't pushing themselves.

Kinda funny.

Irony is sweet.

Though...I think Stand up comedy, MOS and possibly White as snow* are new teritorry. Boots is a Vertigo rewrite and Crazy is the kind of pop they've done on ATYCLB. Agreed Winter is nothing to write home about.

*even if the melody is borrowed.

What makes you think that? I'd rather have new songs instead of ones we already have.

I understand that feeling. Mercy is almost ten years old now since it leaked. But both songs are fantastic and deserve to be on an album. If they have to, they should make it a double album. That way songs that deserve it get on there, but we also get totally new songs as well.

I'd be down with some sort of EP of all the unreleased songs we got live last tour, Glastonbury(Yes haters, bite me), Every Breaking Wave, Mercy, North Star, Stingray, perhaps even a studio Boy Falls From The Sky... or this could be a bonus disc with the next album or some kind of download..

I'd be down with some sort of EP of all the unreleased songs we got live last tour, Glastonbury(Yes haters, bite me), Every Breaking Wave, Mercy, North Star, Stingray, perhaps even a studio Boy Falls From The Sky... or this could be a bonus disc with the next album or some kind of download..

I love that idea (and I kind of like Glastonbury :shrug: myself). I think I read though that Stingray has already become another song. Whether it gets used or not is another thing all together.

Unfortunately an EP disc of semi unreleased material probably will not happen. Although they have done it once already, so anything is possible.

I love that idea (and I kind of like Glastonbury :shrug: myself). I think I read though that Stingray has already become another song. Whether it gets used or not is another thing all together.

Unfortunately an EP disc of semi unreleased material probably will not happen. Although they have done it once already, so anything is possible.

They could do a fan club album with all the stuff we want. They did that last decade collecting a lot of b-sides and alternative versions of songs and putting it on one disc.

Back
Top Bottom