Is U2 working on the album now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The question I have is: Is their new studio up and operational?

If not, isn't HQ officially closed?

And if so, I'd guess they are writing constantly.

Being U2, I'm sure they have tossed several songs in the bin already that were written since the end of the tour. Gotta find the vein first "where are we headed?" you can't do that until something smacks you in the face. I suspect when that happens Bono will be blabbing to the press about it.

elevated_u2_fan said:

:yes: There was a girl in another thread saying she was in third garde when POP came out... Being old sucks...:madspit:

that was me :rockon: that means I've been a U2 fan for a decade...that's over half my life :D

I bet U2 are writing songs but not in the studio yet. Weren't they going to try to have the songs at least partially finished before presenting them to Rubin for recording?

Not only is Pop 10yo in March, but The Joshua Tree is 20yo in March.

I was 18 when Joshua Tree came so now I fee very old :(

If U2 want a Christmas release (as Paul McGuinness hinted) they'd better be in the studio before the end of March or it ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:
Here's my U2 timeline:
14 when Joshua came out.
19 when Achtung came out.
24 when POP! came out.
28 when ATYCLB came out.
32 when Bomb came out.
I'm 34 now.
I'll probably be 36 when the next album comes out in 2008.
I don't feel old. I feel blessed that I've been old enough to appreciate U2 through all phases of their career.

no album this year guys so don't get your hopes up! expect new album in Oct/Nov 2008 with world tour in 2009.

Last week I went to Dublin and I spoke to Sam O'Sullivan (I saw him near the studios). We talked about the new album and there will be now new album this year. He told me that things like the mixing, choosing the titles of the songs, the order of the songs and the design of the album alone last 6 months. So Sam thinks the new album will be out next year and a new tour the year after the album :)

dabiggestu2fan said:

LMAO They will be playing on wheel chairs and taking some special drug to stay alive LOL:lmao:
beck_futurama2.jpg

:|

glamourgirl said:
Last week I went to Dublin and I spoke to Sam O'Sullivan (I saw him near the studios). We talked about the new album and there will be now new album this year. He told me that things like the mixing, choosing the titles of the songs, the order of the songs and the design of the album alone last 6 months. So Sam thinks the new album will be out next year and a new tour the year after the album :)

that is indeed terrible news. Not sure which is the biggest shock...that the new U2 album may not be out this year or that it took 6 months for somebody to design the last CD booklet, the crappiest one yet! Also, 6 months to come up with THAT running order?? That's a great job to get, it beats working!! Seriously though, how come Zooropa(one of their best booklets and running orders), took just a few months to start and finish completely!

I was 10 the year Pop came out, though I had no idea about U2 and probably would have thought they were weird anyway. :wink: I didn't get into them until 8th grade, during the Elevation tour. Ah, those were the days; Vh1 still had a lot of videos on, "way back" in 2001 and 2002. :(

glamourgirl said:

I thought Hanover Quay had been demolished. :confused:

Zootlesque said:
I hope they call the new album Hanover Quay and it's full of songs about the sea.

How about Solar?

they can sing about everyone's favorite planet: The Sun.

ferrellcaray1.jpg

roy said:

Fair enough. Is Hanover Quay still actually being used as a studio?

well last week I saw Larry at the Hanover Quay studio so I guess it's still there studio, thats also where I spoke to Sam O'Sullivan

An Cat Gav said:
that is indeed terrible news. Not sure which is the biggest shock...that the new U2 album may not be out this year or that it took 6 months for somebody to design the last CD booklet, the crappiest one yet! Also, 6 months to come up with THAT running order?? That's a great job to get, it beats working!! Seriously though, how come Zooropa(one of their best booklets and running orders), took just a few months to start and finish completely!

Seriously!!! They take too much time these days to make an album of mediocre songs. Imagine how long they will take to actually make a perfect one!

Zootlesque said:

Seriously!!! They take too much time these days to make an album of mediocre songs. Imagine how long they will take to actually make a perfect one!

F**king hell; is it any wonder you have a bazillion posts to your name. :yawn:

Well, a bazillion posts are always better than a few, but always offensive posts.

roy said:
F**king hell; is it any wonder you have a bazillion posts to your name. :yawn:

It's called opinion. I just stated mine. There are no facts on these forums except maybe in the Peeling The Dollar Bills sub forum.

And I have a "bazillion" posts because I used to participate a lot in chat threads. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

It's called opinion. I just stated mine. There are no facts on these forums except maybe in the Peeling The Dollar Bills sub forum.

And I have a "bazillion" posts because I used to participate a lot in chat threads. :wink:

Zottles FTW :wink:

Back
Top Bottom