Is This The Best U2 Album Ever?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i´ll put it in one row with joshua tree & achtung baby. so for me it´s the 3rd long awaited masterpiece. :applaud:

The Joshua Tree will never be surpassed.

This has a couple of weak numbers that render the whole album less than a "masterpiece", I believe, but I think it will be ranked up there with JT and AB by the critics.

This is totally premature, but I think I can come out and say that after 3 full listens, this could be better than The Joshua Tree.

I don't know if it's better than Achtung Baby, I don't think it is, but both Breathe and Magnificent are up there with Streets and WOWY.

There is no Trip Through Your Wires on this album. No Line On The Horizon is an incredible piece of work - I remember clearly when Bomb came out, and I first heard Miracle Drug, this is so much better. We definitely have a 3rd masterpiece.

Hard to say so early on...
It's hard to beat AB but already is at second place after 3 listenings...

It's promising and has a really complete album feel that hasn't been around since, I think, Achtung Baby. I can still listen to all of AB's songs with enjoyment (other than So Cruel...) - have to wait a few years to see if this on has a comparable longevity.

In all honesty... :reject: The Joshua Tree leans *heavily* on its first four songs. I feel that while there is no Streets/Found/WOWY/Bullet combo here, the average song quality here is much higher.

AB is a bit tougher.

Wow, so this thing leaked off of a sales website? I just woke up, so confused.

When bomb came out a lot of the people on this forum were saying that was the third masterpiece...only time, sales, and the tour will tell...but so far, at least for me it's better than the last 4 albums, which is pretty damn amazing for some over the hill rockers..jejejeje

Confused too - has the ENTIRE album leaked?

Yes, however, leaked wouldn't be accurate, it was put up for sale as individual tracks on an australian website, that I think is owned by Universal...one guy on the forum had the balls to buy the tracks, and they were the real deal, so some of us bought them as well, and here we are

It's sitting at the borderline of 4 and 3 on my list right now. But that's just from initial listens. I doubt it could overtake AB for 2, and there's absolutely no chance in hell it claims 1 from The Joshua Tree. TJT is pretty much the perfect album, and defines U2 more than anything else, it's their best from top to bottom hands down, one of those lightning in a bottle experiences, but NLOTH is still great and putting up a strong fight against the rest of the band's work.

I haven't decided yet. And honestly, I don't care about rankings. I love it, it's an amazing album, it is consistent and it feels complete.

Listened to it 3 or 4 times ...

Some songs are incredibly strong:
NLOTH, Magnificent, MOS, Stand Up, Cedars

Maybe:
Crazy, SUC, WAS, Breathe

But I find
UC (too ATYCLB'ish) and GOYB kind of weak...

But let's see :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom