Is this a new real clip or fake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sounds real to me, i know i recognize that drumming from the here is what is clip, and that bass too.

Backwards? :huh:

sounds like psychedelic surf music lol, i wonder who uploaded that, looks kind of official. I also wonder what the symbolism is with the bear. U2 is coming up this autumn to gobble down the competition?

even though it has the same sound as the here is what is morocco sessions

The same tone as the clips weve been hearing.

Youre discounting it because it doesnt sound like anything U2 has ever done....Does achtung baby ring a bell?

Has u2 tackled surf music yet? have they tackled psychedelic yet? No. How on earth would you know if this is them or not? If they were serious about a change in sound, wouldnt this be a change in sound? Your instant dismissal makes no sense.

Bro-
The clip is some guy or girl farting around in their bedroom with a home studio recorder (and a shitty one at that) trying to be "provocative" and get a rise out of u2 fans. Apparently, it's worked for you.
Try to rise above the lure of the internet; there are going to be dozens of things like this before we hear anything real.
Believe me, I want to hear some leaks. But this is just some 14 year old dude in Great Neck Long Island or something having a good time on saturday night....
However, if I'm wrong and this is u2, I'll give you $1000 dollars.

no, im discounting it for a few reasons.

1- the clips we've been hearing that bear an ever slight similarity to this are official and from U2.com. this is a random video uploaded by some random guy on youtube.

2- it's not really a high quality clip. it's too good of a quality to be recorded by a fan and too poor quality to be released by the band.

3- it sucks.

Bro-
The clip is some guy or girl farting around in their bedroom with a home studio recorder (and a shitty one at that) trying to be "provocative" and get a rise out of u2 fans. Apparently, it's worked for you.
Try to rise above the lure of the internet; there are going to be dozens of things like this before we hear anything real.
Believe me, I want to hear some leaks. But this is just some 14 year old dude in Great Neck Long Island or something having a good time on saturday night....
However, if I'm wrong and this is u2, I'll give you $1000 dollars.

looks like you beat me to it

even though it has the same sound as the here is what is morocco sessions

The same tone as the clips weve been hearing.

Youre discounting it because it doesnt sound like anything U2 has ever done....Does achtung baby ring a bell?

Has u2 tackled surf music yet? have they tackled psychedelic yet? No. How on earth would you know if this is them or not? If they were serious about a change in sound, wouldnt this be a change in sound? Your instant dismissal makes no sense.

Well how would someone get music of such good quality unless they were in the studio? If it was the crew or one of the bands members, it would have been on U2.com first.

Not to mention that doesn't sound like any of Edge's guitar sounds (the 2 seconds we hear of chords anyway). The bass is def. not Adam. I read in an interview that he only plays the low pitched notes on his 2 thickest strings for some reason and that's way too high up the neck of his bass for anything he ever plays. Plus not even Larry is unoriginal enough to come up with that crappy drum beat. It's a drum loop. Doesn't even sound like real drums.

Also is sounds like pure shit. Unless it's one of Coldplay's B-sides for Lovers in Japan or something, I bet it's just someone trying to be funny.

I pray to God that's not a new U2 song.

Hehe, I might hold you to that 1000 bucks thing. :wink:

Yah the only reason I thought it might have any validity, though I'm also very skeptical about this, is the fact that the drums sound kind of similar to some recent stuff from Larry, and the fact that it isn't overly flashy, and i don't see a great motive for putting up some random clip and saying it's u2. but then again, it is the internet so who knows...

Yeah, U2 hasnt been inviting random people into their studios or anything. What was I thinking?

Nowhere does it say that this is a song, it clearly states rehearse(a)l

Id say that the beginning sounds just like something the edge would play.

I need a 1000 dollars so Ill be expecting it when the album comes out.

Look, it may be U2, it may not be U2, but to discount it is ridiculous, considering were in store for a new sound.

And the bassline is just as Adam-ish as Mofo so I dont get where youre coming from there.

This sounds to me like someone spliced in the beginning guitar (don't recognize that from any of the clips) and then the rest is a loop of the riff in the green tea video.

Definately don't think this is an official video just some fan made clip.

Yeah, U2 hasnt been inviting random people into their studios or anything. What was I thinking?

Look, it may be U2, it may not be U2, but to discount it is ridiculous, considering were in store for a new sound.

And the bassline is just as Adam-ish as Mofo so I dont get where youre coming from there.

lol. do we listen to the same band? thats nothing like Mofo.

And why should this be credited exactly? because some schmuck threw it on youtube? if I take a picture of a tree in my backyard, OMG ALBUM COVER GUYS, and throw it on here, is it credible? the guy just took bits and pieces and played with it in his own home as somebody said and made a pretty second rate quality recording of it.

No, dont get me wrong, I dont believe it's official I was just considering that option. I would like to think U2 can spell rehearsal by now. But it does sound just like the kind of stuff weve been hearing. I just dont see how you cant hear it. But whats the point in arguing about this so whatever.

Could be real. Might not be. If it is, it's nothing revelatory, and if it's not, it's not terribly funny. Who knows?

If this is what the "new sound" of U2 is gonna be, I probably won't be buying this record. To discount something that sounds like me taking a dump is not ridiculous.

Again let me point out that this is probably nothing but them jamming and coming up with ideas and brainstorming. I dont see anything shitty about this sound, I probably wouldnt buy what youre hoping for so thats cool

It sounds very familiar, like something from the Here Is What Is trailer, the part with U2 in it.

Back
Top Bottom