Is this a new real clip or fake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: Wow, that was so fake!
I'm pretty sure someone just recorded the audio of the Larry clip from their soundcard output and then recorded the bird noises and a guitar onto that "backing track". I don't think that would be too hard to do if you're a little familiar with an audio editor of some kind.
Where is Bono's vocals? Danny said they were finishing the vocals now, 3-4 weeks before they finish the recording process. Then how come we don't hear at least some scat singing? I find it hard to believe that U2 have a song without any sign of Bono for more than 40 seconds. Another thing I noticed was that it sounds as if the track has been slowed down a bit. I'm very skeptical about this being an actual clip. And why upload it to Youtube at all? I'm certain that's the first place Universal/U2/Principle Management/IFPI etc will look for any possible leaks.

Let me try recording a similar clip tomorrow and then let's see what you think of this one.
:lol::lmao::D

thank you.

people are getting WAY too into this! seriously. for all we know it could be legit. why not. until theres confirmation or we hear something like it released officially, its a glass half full/half empty thing. and the bear footage is some random a sample clip used alot on windows movie maker.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that this could be real, the reasons listed so far are hardly conclusive.

no, im discounting it for a few reasons.

1- the clips we've been hearing that bear an ever slight similarity to this are official and from U2.com. this is a random video uploaded by some random guy on youtube.

2- it's not really a high quality clip. it's too good of a quality to be recorded by a fan and too poor quality to be released by the band.

3- it sucks.

Agree.

Especially #2. There are "beach" noises in it, but they were clearly added by some audio editing program, since everything is equally clear as opposed to the music sounding washed out. It doesn't sound at all like a real beach clip. And it's obviously not official either. So I don't see how it could be real.

mate, stop the madness. you are showing yourself up. personally attacking other posters is a bit much...

How was I personally attacking him? All I said is that it was hard to believe someone could honestly be that adamant about something being false when the facts are right in front of their face or ears.

Listen to the two tracks, this new 'fake' one and the 'larry mullin jr drumming' track, both audio tracks are exactly the same. The only difference being volume levels of either the bass or drum. I seriously dont understand how anyone can dispute this. If you turn the larry drumming clip up you can hear adam throughout and at the beginning you can slightly hear the edge guitar part that is audible in the 'fake' clip in the first few seconds. They start and finish on the same beat. Whether or not its official is beside the point. The point is that its the same track just louder in certain areas. Turn it up and listen for yourself. and i mean TURN IT UP. This isnt even debatable. Instead of enjoying this new clip that lets us hear adam more closely some of you choose to argue its validity. That shouldnt even be a question, especially when both audio tracks are playing the same thing. And some of you go even further and say its not even a U2 song??? Even if it was some guy on garageband copying the track and reproducing, what difference does it make regarding the U2 sound? Its the same notes and beats. :huh:

I want my 1000 dollars :wink:

Let me try recording a similar clip tomorrow and then let's see what you think of this one.

Hey you guys!:hyper:
U2 came to my place for a rehearsal of this Green Tea song and I just happened to be able to record it! Edge has got some groove going on in the background and we can hear Adam quite nicely as well. He even comments on the take at the end. He asked the band to stop playing since he noticed something was wrong with the take, he's just such an honest fellow.

Hear for yourselves if you don't believe me, because this is the same new U2 sound we've already heard in the u2.com clip and Adam's voice in it as well.
Also, the quality of this clip is slightly better than the other one. Luckily they left the seagulls and the bear in Alaska, I think.

"U2" - "Rehearsal" at Eastern Valley Studios, Stockholm

Enjoy...:p
[/kunstmuseum]

Last edited:
:doh:
im done fighting for this stupid shit. The only reason I fought so much to begin with is because its a real pet peeve of mine when people refuse to accept truth. And for the last time, forget about the green tea clip ffs. this is between the larry drumming clip and the new fake/real clip. period.

So before I go, let me make sure I have this straight:
Youre willing to believe that someone rerecorded the larry drumming sound clip, including all 3 instruments and nuances as opposed to it just being the same sound clip but with a different emphasis even though all 3 instruments still occur at the exact same time in the track? How is that easier to swallow? All in the name of official branding. Absurd and awe inspiring to say the least. Especially considering the ears that picked up so much from the underwhelming HQ clip. Its all right there for you to hear just turn the shit up. But you wont listen, youd rather argue and deny.

And Im well aware that this will be the straw and that Sicy must have the day off. Adios, have a good day and may you come across some peroxide and Q-tips.

P.S. the edge89
your smart-assed clip doesnt work, re link it.

:doh:
So before I go, let me make sure I have this straight:
Youre willing to believe that someone rerecorded the larry drumming sound clip, including all 3 instruments and nuances as opposed to it just being the same sound clip but with a different emphasis even though all 3 instruments still occur at the exact same time in the track? How is that easier to swallow?
P.S. the edge89
your smart-assed clip doesnt work, re link it.

Yes, I am. It's not that hard to rerecord that bit, especially when you only have to add the guitar and basslines to the already existing drumtrack. What makes me suspicious is that it is really the exact same sequence as the first Larry drumming clip, slowed down a little bit. I did it in about an hour so why wouldn't anyone else be able to if they're bored? Besides I chose to write Green Tea clip because I think it's easier to point out what song I meant that way rather than just saying the "Larry drumming clip" because we have a few of those by now.

I'm aware that we have different opinions on this (and it's not just the two of us either) and there's no way to know for sure who is right at the moment. Let's just make that clear, otherwise we could be stuck in the same tracks forever. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, all I wanted to do was trying to prove that it's possible to create a fake clip with the material that is already out there. We need to stay on our toes in order to see what is the real deal. Also, I do think this is U2 and it would be foolish to think otherwise when the real song/clip is actually avaliable on their own official website. The 1st u2.com video of Larry drumming is real of course, no question about it, this could be as well, but it doesn't seem like it to me but it does to you.

Have a good day! :wave:
P.S. Both the link/clip does work I just checked, please try again if you're still interested. :) I'm running Firefox. I'm not sure what is causing you the problem.

If you think its U2 then what are we arguing about? The fact that whether or not U2 uploaded this new clip is irrelevant. The song being played in it is a U2 song. The bassline is an Adam bassline, The drum pattern is a Larry drum pattern. All of which is most likely from the same audio source, the original Larry drumming/ green tea clip.

The statements Im arguing against are the ones stating that its not U2. It is U2. They might not have uploaded the new clip but it is definately U2 because its the same bit of song from the original U2.com clip.

Someone was wondering where's Bono, wtf does that have to do with anything??? He hasnt been in any of the U2.com clips to begin with.

If you think its U2 then what are we arguing about? The fact that whether or not U2 uploaded this new clip is irrelevant. The song being played in it is a U2 song. The bassline is an Adam bassline, The drum pattern is a Larry drum pattern. All of which is most likely from the same audio source, the original Larry drumming/ green tea clip.
I never intended to get in an argument in the first place, you might've figured that out by now. :)
What I wanted to say was just that what we hear in that Youtube video is not necessarily audio of the actual band rehearsing together. The bass has another effect on it than the original videoclip for instance, which caused me to think this is the Larry clip with fanrecorded guitar/bass riffs. The song is of course U2 material, no doubt about that. Glad we got that sorted out.:lol:

The statements Im arguing against are the ones stating that its not U2. It is U2. They might not have uploaded the new clip but it is definately U2 because its the same bit of song from the original U2.com clip.
Agreed, as I've said already; the audio is probably taken from the U2.com video and that alone proves that this is part of a U2 song that will most likely end up on the upcoming album. Anyone who claims that the song itself in not U2 might want to check out the three u2.com videos where this riff is being played.

I hope you accept my apology as all of this just seems like a big stupid misunderstanding (at least from my part) right now. I'm really sorry if I caused you any unnecessary anger, joefun.

Wow um this thread is just :|

Seems like a big stupid misunderstanding (at least from my part) right now. I'm really sorry if I caused you any unnecessary anger, joefun.

That is nice of you to apologize but I see no reason for you to have to apologize. Apparently joefun has major anger issues, to get that upset about something so stupid. It's too bad he cant just post his opinion and be on his way, or rather, just READ and enjoy like I suggested to him, seeing as he cant seem to post without getting into an argument. So yeah I'm back from my day off :wave:

I would not dismiss this as a potential U2 song. The bass and drums have that U2 feel to them. And the drums match the Larry video, further suggesting it is real.

The question now is whether it will ever become a song. Anyone that's listened to "Salome - the Achtung Baby Outtakes" knows that U2 write in a "jam session" sort of manner. And this definitely has a "jam" feel to it.

Therefore, whether this track makes it onto the album or even as a b-side is debatable. It might be a gem for a future album. Or it might have been the start of something that changed considerably.

Plus, without Bono's vocals/lyrics, it's often tough to predict what a U2 song will be. Those same AB Outtake sessions featured an instrumental version of "Even Better Than...". If someone played that for me prior to the album, even I would have had difficulty accepting it as a future U2 hit. But add in Bono's vocals/lyrics and suddenly, U2. :D

I've been around for a while now. I'm just suprised I'm not used to it yet! :) It's entertaining to watch none the less!

To be honest, the main riff sounded a little bit different to me in the youtube clip in question... like someone had recreated it. It wasn't just the sound, but the notes played differed a bit from the other clips.

That being said, perhaps its an earlier version that U2 has done, but in my opinion, I think someone just recreated it at home, although, I don't want to say for certain.

Could this be the band? I could see it, but it's just that little bit different in subtle ways, so it's hard to tell... :shrug:

dude. read the first post in the thread.

:lol:

yeah i really don't know what to make of this...just looking at the way it has been presented on youtube and comparing it to the short official clips that we've been getting, I'd say that the sounds are in fact coming from Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam but there is an artificial aspect to the audio and it sounds like someone played with the tempo and a few other things...but an interesting listen nonetheless :)

It sounds like the same clip that weve heard recreated and looped over and over again. It could be real but in a few months will any of us care...probably not.

I thought we were done with this already...:sigh:
No one should doubt that this is part of a U2 song/jam session as it's the same parts we've heard in the u2.com clips. What is doubtful is whether or not this clip is recreated by a fan, which I strongly suspect. Please see my earlier post with the clip I recorded to prove that it could be the case. It could of course be a demo of some kind too, although it's not that likely in my opinion.

I just hope this doesn't get me into another argument....:reject:

If you listen to the original Larry drumming clip the riff counts him in and then its played silently throughout.

I thought we were done with this already...:sigh:
No one should doubt that this is part of a U2 song/jam session as it's the same parts we've heard in the u2.com clips. What is doubtful is whether or not this clip is recreated by a fan, which I strongly suspect. Please see my earlier post with the clip I recorded to prove that it could be the case. It could of course be a demo of some kind too, although it's not that likely in my opinion.

I just hope this doesn't get me into another argument....:reject:

dude i said the same thing for pages on end. i am totally with you.

Back
Top Bottom