is this a concept album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love Vertigo's video. It's one of their best. MW video is pretty meh to me actually.

I don't know what you guys have against recent things. In ten years y'all will love HTDAAB and bash the last album.

I love Vertigo's video. It's one of their best. MW video is pretty meh to me actually.

I don't know what you guys have against recent things. In ten years y'all will love HTDAAB and bash the last album.

:D

That would be quite funny.

Uh, no.

Ten years ago I loved POP a lot more than I do now.
To put it simply, that's what happens when the fanboy wears off.
Still I like everything about it better than the last two albums.

And it's not as simple as you'd like to make it.
It's not about when it comes out, recent or otherwise.
It's not about eras or yearning for a return to something.
It's about having a certain quality and yes, it's subjective.

Dont' forget the context.
There are pop songs and then there are pop songs.

Well, it's all a matter of opinion.

I still don't get how people love so much October and Boy. They are very good albuns indeed, but when compared to HTDAAB and ATYCLB they look like crap.
Again, it's opinion.
Therefore, pointless to argue about it.

That's not exactly what Bono meant when he was talking about writing in third person. The word might be first person but the person who is saying them is not Bono. In other words, like acting, the idea is that it is not Bono singing the song but a character that Bono is portraying.

Dana

Yes, that's what I thought. Being a writer myself, I have a different concept of "third person". But I appreciate this approach, even if I don't think it's that new, he has done it before. The thing is that whenever someone is writing/saying/singing "I", it's easy to assume they're talking about themselves. The roleplay kind of thing makes me really excited.

:hmm: Maybe secretlly Bono has split personalities enough to fill all the alters in this forum. Ergo, he can assume other voices. :wink:

18420317_w434_h_q80.jpg

Ergo!!

it'll be a collection of pop/rock songs with tiny splashes of AB, POP, Zooropa, and HTDAAB

not a concept album per se

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom