Is the window closing for a fall album release?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KentK

The Fly
OK, it seems like there's not been much new album info of late (well, to me at least). It's almost June-- shouldn't we be seeing more leaks and rumors of leaks of song titles, album titles, release dates, etc, by now? I can't quite remember the timeline of things from 2004, but it seems like things started to heat up that summer.

Is the window closing for a fall album release (and thus a spring tour)??

Not really. As I recall with HTDAAB, we didn't get real news until June at the earliest, and leaks didn't happen until later.

Now if come July or August there is no news, then I'd wonder if a release would be coming this year.

Now if come July or August there is no news, then I'd wonder if a release would be coming this year.

Agreed.

Let's not start running around like beheaded chickens just yet. :help:

Also, multiple threads have discussed this topic, and I'm pretty sure the merged France thread contains timelines.

Eh, I say we still panic. I mean the boys aren't getting any younger, and neither am I. Plus so many bands are coming out with new interesting stuff. I'm nervous. I"m excited, but at least some fake news would be better than the no news at all. Can someone make something up really quick? Is there a secret Cuntmuseum show or anything? Bah, come on boys!! Let's get after it!

Eh, I say we still panic.

onozomg.gif

I think that U2 can record into late July/early August before they have to start thinking about moving the release date back. If I remember correctly Achtung Baby was still being recorded in August of '91.

We're still on track for a Fall CD...:yes:

It's only f**king May. Wow, this instant gratification generation is getting way out of hand...

love the tone. do you always need to be this condescending?

in another thread i pointed out how much information we had in May at this point four years ago. the tour being confirmed, bono talking about how the single is going to be ready everybody's going to love it, etc.

now there is a recent quote with the album supposed to be "in the can" come september or august. up to your interpretation what "in the can" means, but that could mean finished recording with, or ready for production etc.

is it possible that we'll get a fall release? absolutely. but in alignment with all the news etc. we had at this point four years ago, it's not a slam dunk by any means, plus somebody as soon as a month ago within the camp said that they would take until the spring if they had to? i don't remember who and the exact quote off the top of my head.

so i apologize if i appear that i'm looking for instant gratification- I'm not. I'm merely stating that i think a spring 09 release is forthcoming. would i love to be wrong? yes. will i be the first to admit that i'm wrong if they release it in the fall? yes, and i will make that declaration with glee.

love the tone. do you always need to be this condescending?

in another thread i pointed out how much information we had in May at this point four years ago. the tour being confirmed, bono talking about how the single is going to be ready everybody's going to love it, etc.

now there is a recent quote with the album supposed to be "in the can" come september or august. up to your interpretation what "in the can" means, but that could mean finished recording with, or ready for production etc.

is it possible that we'll get a fall release? absolutely. but in alignment with all the news etc. we had at this point four years ago, it's not a slam dunk by any means, plus somebody as soon as a month ago within the camp said that they would take until the spring if they had to? i don't remember who and the exact quote off the top of my head.

so i apologize if i appear that i'm looking for instant gratification- I'm not. I'm merely stating that i think a spring 09 release is forthcoming. would i love to be wrong? yes. will i be the first to admit that i'm wrong if they release it in the fall? yes, and i will make that declaration with glee.

My response wasn't to your post. Otherwise I would have quoted it.

Everything is speculation right now. What happened 4 years ago, was 4 years ago means nothing today.

All I'm saying is November is 6 months away, let's wait a while till we allow for anxiety to kick in.

Why do we have a new thread for a subject that is discussed on almost EVERY other thread about the new album, especially that really long one talking about the most current recording sessions?

Why ? If Lillywhite is (presumably) doing the mixing, and Catherine Owens is starting the work on the concepts of the tour/album...unless we hear nothing at all throughout the summer don't worry.

Keep in mind that we only found out about U218 about two months before it was released...so U2 is pretty good at surprising us when they want to.

From U2 Valencia:

Some people has been talking with Adam Clayton a few moments ago at "Hanover Quay" and he said that the album will be ready in the next weeks. He also said that November will be the release date for the album.

:rolleyes:

From U2 Valencia:

Some people has been talking with Adam Clayton a few moments ago at "Hanover Quay" and he said that the album will be ready in the next weeks. He also said that November will be the release date for the album.

:ohmy: If this is accurate... :combust:

Sadly, I know it likely isn't. :sigh:

From U2 Valencia:

With Lillywhite in the mix and this lastest post on U2Valencia, seems like the boys are finally finishing up. It's kinda weird that they're going to sit on the album all the way to november if they finish in say June. After final recording I believe an album can be mixed, mastered, and artwork done within three to four months. Maybe we could get an October or even late September release instead of November...but knowing the Irish lads probably not.

With Lillywhite in the mix and this lastest post on U2Valencia, seems like the boys are finally finishing up. It's kinda weird that they're going to sit on the album all the way to november if they finish in say June. After final recording I believe an album can be mixed, mastered, and artwork done within three to four months. Maybe we could get an October or even late September release instead of November...but knowing the Irish lads probably not.

September, October, November - I don't care.
Definitely not sooner because they have to do all the work before.

They probably just don't want to rush it and leave extra time in case they need to change anything or whatever, like it could take longer than foreseen to finish the album. Also of course business-wise November is best as has been discussed many times, leaves plenty of time for build-up, etc. An October release would be cool and reasonable I think, but I bet we'll get early November, with maybe a single by late September?

Just because they're being quiet about it doesn't mean that it won't be out this year or that they aren't finished (or almost finished) working on it. It could very well be completed right now for all we know. They have to leave time to do photo shoots, album artwork, plan the first single's video, plan some sort of "campaign," and all the other stuff that has to be done.

They probably just don't want to rush it and leave extra time in case they need to change anything or whatever, like it could take longer than foreseen to finish the album. Also of course business-wise November is best as has been discussed many times, leaves plenty of time for build-up, etc. An October release would be cool and reasonable I think, but I bet we'll get early November, with maybe a single by late September?

We received Vertigo on September 23rd 2004 if I recall correctly, so mid to late September seems accurate for lead single if the release is indeed November.

Back
Top Bottom