Is 402 the best U2 song since 'One'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didnt think it was possible to hate a song like "One" until I saw people hate it on interference.

It's such a brilliant song. even if i didnt like it, i would still appreciate it.

the lyrics are so deep to me, but hey...each is own.

Where are people pulling these numbers from?

"402"? "409"?

All the beach clips I downloaded have names. I'm guessing that the one called "I Believe" with "DSCN0402" in the filename is the one you guys are talking about...? Or am I missing something here?

:confused:

DaveC said:
Where are people pulling these numbers from?

"402"? "409"?

All the beach clips I downloaded have names. I'm guessing that the one called "I Believe" with "DSCN0402" in the filename is the one you guys are talking about...? Or am I missing something here?

:confused:
No, you're not missing anything, Dave. 'I Believe' is 402. And also the best thing since sliced avacado with a side of shrimp. Oh, and 'One', too. :wink:

:|

Are you kidding me?

You think this song is better than anything on Zooropa or Pop (it's clearly superior to ATYCLB and HTDAAB) based on an unfinished, poorly recorded sound bite?

The guitar part kicks ass in the second half of the song, though. I can't wait to hear the finished version just for Edge's part.

I'd go as far as to say it's the best thing since Gone, or maybe Please...but since One? You crazy! :wink:

DaveC said:
:|

Are you kidding me?

You think this song is better than anything on Zooropa or Pop (it's clearly superior to ATYCLB and HTDAAB) based on an unfinished, poorly recorded sound bite?

The guitar part kicks ass in the second half of the song, though. I can't wait to hear the finished version just for Edge's part.

I'd go as far as to say it's the best thing since Gone, or maybe Please...but since One? You crazy! :wink:
To answer your first question, yes! And I am a little nutty, but there again, I am a Loris afterall.

:wink:

Hey, I found that baby picture we took of you a couple years ago. Man, we had wayyy too much tequila that night!

060731-baby-loris_big.jpg

The Slow Loris said:

No, you're not missing anything, Dave. 'I Believe' is 402. And also the best thing since sliced avacado with a side of shrimp. Oh, and 'One', too. :wink:

:lmao:

Where can i find these beach recordings?

Anywhere?

I seem to have missed out on all of this.:(

Dave C is right. How can 402 be the best song since One when there is Zooropa, Pop, ATYCLB & HTDAAB in between? 402 may turn out better than ATYCLB & HTDAAB, maybe (or maybe not), but no way in hell is it better than Zooropa or Pop.

Zootlesque said:
402 may turn out better than ATYCLB & HTDAAB, maybe (or maybe not), but no way in hell is it better than Zooropa or Pop.
Wait till you hear it before making these wild proclamations!

It could just as easily eat 'Stay' for breakfast -- sliced avacado and shrimp, notwithstanding.

The Slow Loris said:
Wait till you hear it before making these wild proclamations!

I know. I thought of that after I made the post. :wink:

We don't know anything yet. Let's not make any comparisons.

Zootlesque said:

I know. I thought of that after I made the post. :wink:

We don't know anything yet. Let's not make any comparisons.
The irony is that I'm king of "wild proclamations"! haha

But in all seriousness, if 400 can be turned into 'Windo in the Skies', can you imagine what Rubin could do with 402 and 404? I shudder when I entertain such thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom