Invisible...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven't had a chance to listen yet but supposedly yes. It's about a minute longer with a longer intro/outro.

Although even the new mp3 version is not of excellent quality, i think that the greatest difference between the single version and Songs Of Innocence's one is how much powerful and ''dynamic'' it sounds compared to the heavy compressed version of itunes. I am looking forward listening to it's proper cd version.

So where about is invisible placed?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It sounds different. The mix we heard back in Feb was obviously not complete. The vocals are clearer, too.

No way they don't play this on tour.

A little disappointed that there wasn't a significant rework of Invisible. It's just a longer version of what was released earlier this year. This song could be so much more if reworked.

Has anyone split this track out on its own yet? If not I might have some time tomorrow night to do it.

We got the full thing!!!!!!!im crying I'm so happy!!! It's so effing gooder!!!!!!! I'm just too happy. It's everything I could've hoped for. Definetly has solidly moved into my top 10 U2 songs of all time. I've loved this song since day 1 and this version is even better.

We got the full thing!!!!!!!im crying I'm so happy!!! It's so effing gooder!!!!!!! I'm just too happy. It's everything I could've hoped for. Definetly has solidly moved into my top 10 U2 songs of all time. I've loved this song since day 1 and this version is even better.

Where do you place it on SOI? I think it works great as an intro but also matches well with Crystal Ballroom.

Where do you place it on SOI? I think it works great as an intro but also matches well with Crystal Ballroom.
I placed it at the beginning, and it works great (with The Miracle and the rest of the album right after it). That's the only change I'm making to the track listing.

Opener if I can find some way to cut out Sleep Like A Baby. The edited version I had at #2. But the extended intro and outro make it a great opener.

For me, Invisible makes most sense after The Miracle and before Every Breaking Wave. I like the longer version, but I'm a bit irritated by the gap between the first chorus and the second verse. Something just doesn't feel right about it.

Really? I loved the song before but this didn't add much for me at all.

I like the longer version, but I'm a bit irritated by the gap between the first chorus and the second verse. Something just doesn't feel right about it.

Yeah, not sure what that is. Plus repeating the "invisible world" line. Can't tell if I'm just conditioned by the edit after hearing it so often or if there's too much unnecessary space. The intro does seem to go on too long as well.

With such a long intro, it seems weird in the second slot to me now. So I think you either have to open the album with it (which is misrepresentative of its more direct nature), or push it further back where its long build up works in a City Of Blinding Lights way.

Invisible started out sort of flat and awkward, and now they just extended that feeling by making it longer. That end goes on forever!

I'm so glad they included the full version on the album even if it is just on the deluxe version and unlisted. It really seems to have great potential live in concert. I mean if you don't care for watch the RED video and/or commercial for it from the Super Bowl again. It will really pump people up live Elevation style.

Does anybody know it is it credited in the CD booklet?

Really? I loved the song before but this didn't add much for me at all.

Yeah, not sure what that is. Plus repeating the "invisible world" line. Can't tell if I'm just conditioned by the edit after hearing it so often or if there's too much unnecessary space. The intro does seem to go on too long as well.

With such a long intro, it seems weird in the second slot to me now. So I think you either have to open the album with it (which is misrepresentative of its more direct nature), or push it further back where its long build up works in a City Of Blinding Lights way.

I just like exaggerating how good this song is to no end and will continue to blow it way out of proportion
However, I really do love this song and the new mix makes it much better. Original version is 3:48, new one is 4:45. That's quite a bit of changes.

I placed it at the beginning, and it works great (with The Miracle and the rest of the album right after it). That's the only change I'm making to the track listing.

For me, Invisible makes most sense after The Miracle and before Every Breaking Wave. I like the longer version, but I'm a bit irritated by the gap between the first chorus and the second verse. Something just doesn't feel right about it.

I actually put it between California and Song For Someone. I'm toying with a new running order to include Lucifer and TCB as well. Planning on sharing it in Mikal's alternate thread once I'm done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

It sounds like he's singing, "I'm not invisible world" or some such at times.

I prefer the original version. It packs a bigger punch. Also, Bono's voice isn't as strong in some parts of the fuller version.

Back
Top Bottom