Invisible...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't it the same vocal?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Essentially, except for a small extended middle section.

My point is the extensions don't add anything. The first edit gets to the heart of the beat faster. The only thing I would have added to the original is this outro. You can hear Adam quite well for a few seconds.

I prefer the "new" version...it has more room to breathe, and I think the extended bits on both ends and in the middle open it up a bit. To me, the original always sounded like what it is...an edit. Still could have used a third verse, however.

This new version is an incredible album closer, especially if placed after Sleep Like A Baby. It isn't so sudden like the troubles, it has a nice clean outro that's perfect for a closer.

This new version is an incredible album closer, especially if placed after Sleep Like A Baby. It isn't so sudden like the troubles, it has a nice clean outro that's perfect for a closer.

Maybe TCB and Invisible should close the album after The Troubles.

The owls are not what they seem.

So what's the best program to use to split a FLAC file ? To separate Invisible From Sleeps..

iTunes. Right click the song and go to "get info". Go to options. Cut out the exact length for Invisible where it shows a running time for the song. Go to "create AAC version" and download. change title to Invisible. And there you have it. Then go back to the original version of the song(sleep like a baby) and repeat the same steps to have Sleep Like A Baby at its normal running time. Then after you separate them and make 2 different songs, you can just delete the original version.
Hint: Sleep Like A Baby is from 0:00-5:17
Invisible is from 5:42 to 10:27. Hopefully that works for you.

Thanks, that may come in handy but was hoping to be left with 2 FLAC files.

It really comes in handy if you have U2 live concerts. You can just edit out all of Bono's speeches, it made Vertigo Chicago actually listenable.

Should have been on the album instead Miracle. WTF was the strategy of wasting Invisible away with throwing it on people with no promo, in fact no real reason for release???

So what's the best program to use to split a FLAC file ? To separate Invisible From Sleeps..

iTunes. Right click the song and go to "get info". Go to options. Cut out the exact length for Invisible where it shows a running time for the song. Go to "create AAC version" and download. change title to Invisible. And there you have it. Then go back to the original version of the song(sleep like a baby) and repeat the same steps to have Sleep Like A Baby at its normal running time. Then after you separate them and make 2 different songs, you can just delete the original version.
Hint: Sleep Like A Baby is from 0:00-5:17
Invisible is from 5:42 to 10:27. Hopefully that works for you.

Thanks, that may come in handy but was hoping to be left with 2 FLAC files.

What I did was convert the FLAC files to Apple Lossless (ALAC). Then I opened the Sleep... track up in QuickTime, but a pro version where I could edit the track. I cut out everything before Invisible and then saved it as an .mov file. When you're working with just audio, you can rename an .mov file to the iTunes-compatible .m4a and it will recognize it.

It's nice to hear Invisible alongside the rest of the tracks now. I like the track, always have, but I don't think it fits anywhere easily on the album. Listening to it now having had the last few weeks with the new material, it sounds like it's from a totally different album/era to be honest. Ok so there's some common elements you could put down to the production, but as with Ordinary Love (which I also liked), I don't think I'll be rushing to put it in to the SOI tracklist anywhere.

Volcano sounds like a different era.
So does Raised By Wolves.
And Iris.
And This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now.

Invisible doesn't stick out any more than those others.

It's nice to hear Invisible alongside the rest of the tracks now. I like the track, always have, but I don't think it fits anywhere easily on the album. Listening to it now having had the last few weeks with the new material, it sounds like it's from a totally different album/era to be honest. Ok so there's some common elements you could put down to the production, but as with Ordinary Love (which I also liked), I don't think I'll be rushing to put it in to the SOI tracklist anywhere.

I've had it as track #1 since the beginning. It sounds great, and it allows it a little distance from the album which followed it.

Glad to see this thread. Please post updates if you've separated Invisible Version Two for us non techies.
(Didn't like when they did this with October on Best Of either) #AnnoyingU2Habits

Glad to see this thread. Please post updates if you've separated Invisible Version Two for us non techies.
(Didn't like when they did this with October on Best Of either) #AnnoyingU2Habits

If you pm me your email, I can send you an edited out version.

Should have been on the album instead Miracle. WTF was the strategy of wasting Invisible away with throwing it on people with no promo, in fact no real reason for release???

Absolutely spot on. Infinitely better. The album version, the longer cut is even better as well.

So glad this ended up on the album, even though it's a hidden track. Still would have loved one more chorus. Maybe live?

So glad this ended up on the album, even though it's a hidden track. Still would have loved one more chorus. Maybe live?

This song seems like it will probably have a snippet of some sort live. Maybe an older U2 song. Thematically and lyrically I think something like The Wanderer would be really cool.

Back
Top Bottom