Invisible...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adam and Larry aren't on autopilot. Musically the song is a tribute to Joy Division, and for that reason should have been on the album. There are the Clash and Ramones songs, Sleep Like A Baby paraphrases Kraftwerk, and there really ought to be Joy Division on there since U2 sounded more like them than anyone else. But I guess they've been paying tribute to Joy Division for their entire career, so maybe it would be redundant. I think it's more interesting than California than California, too.

I agree. Though I'm not crazy about the song it makes more sense as an opener than The Miracle, and is totally from the POV of Young Bono. It sounds a lot more innocent than The Miracle, which is just another Dad-Rocker.

yeah, it really does sound quite innocent. I wasn't too big on the song before the album came out, but it fits so well on it that it's a shame that it's stuck in the orphanage of the bonus disc instead of being with it's family. It ought to have been the opener. And Edge's guitar tone is killer.

yeah, it really does sound quite innocent. I wasn't too big on the song before the album came out, but it fits so well on it that it's a shame that it's stuck in the orphanage of the bonus disc instead of being with it's family. It ought to have been the opener. And Edge's guitar tone is killer.

On my playlist, it is track one, as it ought to be. It's one of the strongest tracks from the whole extended Soi era.

Yeah, it's attached to the alternate version of Sleep Like a Baby Tonight.

It's not terribly different from the single version. A slightly longer intro, a slightly different/longer bit between verses.

Invisible makes me kinda sad when I hear it now. Its a melancholy song to begin with but it represents the decline in popularity of U2 when it didn't make a dent in the charts or airwaves.

This song is definitely one of the best on SOI but it's public rejection after the Super Bowl release and Jimmy Fallon performance led to the band doubting themselves about the SOI material which led to the album delay. As it turns out, the Danger Mouse SOI stuff is the best material on the album- they should have just forged ahead.

EBW represents their last real chance at a hit single but I am not holding my breath.

We avid fans got a great album in SOI so it really doesn't affect us any, but I feel for the band.... they are so hungry for relevance... pleasing the faithful has never been enough for them.

I think to say the public rejected it is a strong statement. It was a charity single, and that's pretty much all. Had they announced it as the first single from the next big U2 album it would've been more successful. It's going to go the way of electrical storm, window in the skies, and many other non album singles that were forgotten.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's so much better than both of those. Had it been actually featured instead of buried on the deluxe edition it may have had a better standing.

Electrical Storm > Invisible > Window in the Skies
I'd actually reverse that. I think "Window in the Skies" is the most listenable, then "Invisible", then "Electrical Storm" (whose only moment I love is when Bono sings "Hey-aha Hey-ey-ey!" in the bridge). But that's me.

On my playlist, it is track one, as it ought to be. It's one of the strongest tracks from the whole extended Soi era.
You know, that's not a bad place for it. I was wondering where to put it on my recumbent exercise bike playlist; I really need something strong for that work out. I'm gonna try that. Better than having it after "Lucifer's Hands", as I had placed it.

I put Invisible in my top 25 U2 of all time. I'm going to be soooo disappointed if they don't play it next year

For me it's:
Invisible > Window > Storm

You know, that's not a bad place for it. I was wondering where to put it on my recumbent exercise bike playlist; I really need something strong for that work out. I'm gonna try that. Better than having it after "Lucifer's Hands", as I had placed it.

Give it a try between SLABT and TIWYCRMN.
(And try Lucifer's Hands between Volcano and Wolves).

For me it's:

Invisible > Window > Storm

Give it a try between SLABT and TIWYCRMN.

(And try Lucifer's Hands between Volcano and Wolves).

Ive got invisible after miracle,crystal ballroom after california and LH between volcano and wolves.

WIndows In The Skies appreaciation thread!!!

When it came out, I thought it is their best single since Streets... dunno what went wrong

Window In The Skies is a GREAT song. Yes, according to many, my musical tastes of this band are awful. Guess what? Screw the haters. I'd love to see an All Because Of You-OOTS-Yahweh-Windows-Invisible encore.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

mmh... I wasn't here when WITS came out, but I can't see/hear what's wrong with that song? I think it's one of their best songs in the last decade.

WIndows In The Skies appreaciation thread!!!

When it came out, I thought it is their best single since Streets... dunno what went wrong

I wouldn't go that far, but I do like it!

I have fond memories of late 2006, around the time of the last leg of the Vertigo tour.

I was in a good place in life, and the U2 hate machine hadn't gained the mainstream traction it has now. I loved both Saints and WITS. Nothing wrong with either song.

When WITS was released, I really enjoyed it and still do today.

Until a few weeks ago, I hadn't heard it in years.

The first thing that stood out to me when I revisited it was how many orders of magnitude better it is than so much of NLOTH!!

The title track and Moment of Surrender are the only ones on NLOTH better than WITS. Breathe, Magnificent and Fez are about tied with WITS.

In my opinion, of course.

At any rate, glad to see WITS getting some deserved recognition. :up::up:

Back
Top Bottom