Invisible... - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2016, 04:36 PM   #151
Refugee

Local Time: 05:07 AM
After seeing thr music video, i really thought this song woukd kick ass in live concert. Possibly even a good opener. But seeing it in person mutliple times, i must admit i was underwhelmed with it, with the crowd response to it and choice to do it in the screen

marik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:14 AM   #152
Refugee

Local Time: 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marik View Post
After seeing thr music video, i really thought this song woukd kick ass in live concert. Possibly even a good opener. But seeing it in person mutliple times, i must admit i was underwhelmed with it, with the crowd response to it and choice to do it in the screen
I think the choice to do it inside the screen is what makes it underwhelming. It wows at first, but the novelty wears off and it detracts from the song.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

CMIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:55 PM   #153
Refugee

Do you figure this will be one of the songs dropped for the eXERIENCE part of the tour to make room for new Songs? Or will they see it as essential part of the show for the screen aspect?
marik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:13 PM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:07 PM
They'll drop it. The crowd just wasn't into it

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:17 PM   #155
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIS View Post
I think the choice to do it inside the screen is what makes it underwhelming. It wows at first, but the novelty wears off and it detracts from the song.

It was missing an element with the screen. It needed to explode at some point ..the screen needed to transition to something like the effect from the video. It stayed too subtle for too long for a song that not everyone was familiar with. I did enjoy how it sounded live, so as a fan I hope it's there next round. But I'd understand if they felt it wasn't getting the pop it deserved and dropped it.

Sent from my fingertips.
Montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:51 PM   #156
Refugee

Yeah, it sounded good. I hope they keep it.

What I really want in round two is the full band/album version of EBW

CMIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:06 PM   #157
The Fly

This song holds up so well, it sounds fresh but like U2. Should have been on SOI, which should have been launched after the Super Bowl. What might have been.

Sorry, very random
Gzusfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:36 PM   #158
War Child

Local Time: 09:07 PM
It is a really good track, high energy and some lyrics that are really heavy, with anger, tension and personal - the way U2 should be. Unfortunately it does sound a bit 'manufactured' and not raw enough. the electro drums dont help.
Iggy Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:06 PM   #159
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Fizz View Post
It is a really good track, high energy and some lyrics that are really heavy, with anger, tension and personal - the way U2 should be. Unfortunately it does sound a bit 'manufactured' and not raw enough. the electro drums dont help.
I don’t mind the electronic drums, what I love though is that it doesn’t sound forced, like they’re trying SO HARD! To me this, SLABT, Troubles, a few others on SOI sound creatively free and easy, which they weren’t, but you can’t hear it. I like SOE, but it all sounds like they are trying too hard, even the best stuff like Little Things. IMHO, they actually got the opposite result of what they wanted with SOE
Gzusfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:30 PM   #160
Blue Crack Supplier

Danger Mouse gave us a tase of something great, and we waited 6 months to see his efforts watered down by some pop assholes.
lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:43 PM   #161
War Child

I am not as familiar with the specific influences of the different producers. I know Tedder is considered the pop guy. But I take a simple view of things and if a song is great or terrible, I lay that at the band's feet, not the hired merceneries brought in to prop them up.

Like if a Coke ad insults or offends me, I am not interested in the ad agency involved - it's a Coke fail.
Iggy Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:15 AM   #162
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:07 PM
Alternatively, you can view a producer as a possible mentor figure, serving to guide and inspire those in reaching their fullest potential. Granted, the end result ultimately rests on the shoulders of the artist, but how they achieve that outcome can be represented in the difference between having Mr. Miyagi or Michael Scott in your corner.
Catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:56 AM   #163
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Danger Mouse gave us a tase of something great, and we waited 6 months to see his efforts watered down by some pop assholes.
Totally.

Invisible, and the final 3 tracks on SoI make me believe that if Dangermouse had been given the full producer responsibility we could have had a truly great album. It's still a very good album, but largely due to the songs he produced.
An Cat Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:01 AM   #164
Refugee

Local Time: 02:07 PM
Agree totally. SOI is meh to me until those final 3 tracks. Could have wept when I read the producer credits to realise what could have been if DM did the whole thing.

Invisible is a great song if nothing else because it has a proper old school Edge guitar riff in it.
AndrewCowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:09 AM   #165
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

To me Invisible is really bland and the definition of U2 trying to be U2. Not quite as bland as Get Out, but pretty close. To me, not as good as any song on SOI except for Song for Someone. If it had replaced SFS, I could live with that. But the only real choice for that replacement is The Crystal Ballroom. Blows them both away.

womanfish is offline   Reply With Quote