Imagine if Moment Of Surrender was...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eno says it is the greatest song ever.

Better than Let it Be.

Better than Stairway to Heaven.

Better than anything Mozart did.

Wow factor = a Billion.

Eno also said Stuck In A Moment was U2's best song at one point, didn't he?

Hey, don't knock Eno---he wrote the music you heard when you started Windows 95. :love:

:lol:

Eno is U2's greatest cheerleader.

If oyu hear the aucustic version of Stuck in the Moment...

You can understand Enos opinion.

Unfortunately then Eno over-produced the song and it lost something in the translation.

You mean Eno created that 3 second peice of shit ? :lol:

To be fair, i think Stuck is a great u2 track.

I agree, Stuck is a very underrated song. But the acoustic version is brilliant as a lot of U2's acoustic work is.

Sometimes, stripped down U2 songs are 50 times better.

Personally I wish they would do an acoustic live album like Nivana and the Rolling Stones did.

I reckon it would be brilliant.:hug:

I agree, Stuck is a very underrated song. But the acoustic version is brilliant as a lot of U2's acoustic work is.

Sometimes, stripped down U2 songs are 50 times better.

Personally I wish they would do an acoustic live album like Nivana and the Rolling Stones did.

I reckon it would be brilliant.:hug:

Unfortunately, if they did an acoustic album it would be of their hits and most of those would be terrible stripped down.

Unfortunately, if they did an acoustic album it would be of their hits and most of those would be terrible stripped down.

You could pick and chose your songs which suit the acoustic format like Nirvana did.

Not necessarily the most successfull songs but those that sound better stripped down. At one stage on the Zoo Tv tour, U2 did an acoustic set in the middle and this was the highlight of what was perhaps their best ever live show.

It would work and allow the bubbling emotion to come to the surface.

Again not necessarily their most popular songs, the songs that fit the format the best.:up:

You could pick and chose your songs which suit the acoustic format like Nirvana did.

Not necessarily the most successfull songs but those that sound better stripped down. At one stage on the Zoo Tv tour, U2 did an acoustic set in the middle and this was the highlight of what was perhaps their best ever live show.

It would work and allow the bubbling emotion to come to the surface.

Again not necessarily their most popular songs, the songs that fit the format the best.:up:

Paul McGuine$$ would never allow U2 to release something like that without it being hits (and only hits), as anything else would probably not get maximum sales.

Lots of negativity here.

An acoustic set would be great:

Drowning Man
Seconds
Stay
Desire
Staring at the sun
Angel of Harlem
All I want is you
Can't help falling in love
Ground beneath her feet
Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me (you can hear the acoustic guitar on the original track)
Stuck in a moment
Satellite of love
Party Girl

Lots of negativity here.

An acoustic set would be great:

Drowning Man
Seconds
Stay
Desire
Staring at the sun
Angel of Harlem
All I want is you
Can't help falling in love
Ground beneath her feet
Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me (you can hear the acoustic guitar on the original track)
Stuck in a moment
Satellite of love
Party Girl

You forgot the best (U2) song of the last 15 years... A man and a woman

. At one stage on the Zoo Tv tour, U2 did an acoustic set in the middle and this was the highlight of what was perhaps their best ever live show.

i guess its all a matter of opinion, because i always thought the acoustic set is when zootv came to a grinding halt. i always hate when a band like u2 covers a really boring song like satellite of love. it wasn't bad, but it was certainly not the highlight (for me).

i guess its all a matter of opinion, because i always thought the acoustic set is when zootv came to a grinding halt. i always hate when a band like u2 covers a really boring song like satellite of love. it wasn't bad, but it was certainly not the highlight (for me).

Love comes to Town and Angel of Harlem acoustically on that tour were Brill.

And then the lead into to Dancing Queen was something that defined every single concert.

I loved Satellite of Love. As for the full band acoustic set, I feel it hurt the show until the Zoomerang leg. Like you said it brought the show to a grinding halt.

In a small intimate environment aka Nirvana aka Rolling Stones, it would be Outstanding.

I think one of the problems with Pop was it was unfinished so they tried to over produce it to cover the flaws.

Of course that never works.

But there were some real gems like If You were that Velvet Dress which would be Brill acoustically but will never ever reach the peaks they should have.

An acoustic concert may show the true value of such songs.

Eno also said Stuck In A Moment was U2's best song at one point, didn't he?

not exactly. he bet someone in the band (20 bucks??) that it would be the biggest song for them up to that point. He was commenting more on the commercial viability of that single than the quality.

He never said anything referring to it as the best song he had recorded with them....

so that makes me more excited about MOMENT than i was for MOMENT (see what i did there?)

Brill = brilliant?

I'm excited at the prospect of hearing something new from them... I mean, 8 minutes? That's a sign of something epic, at least. My favorite type of "change," at least in a musical sense, is something that can be traced back to previous material and makes sense, but isn't so flashy about it. '90s-era U2 could almost fit in that mode, but the thematic elements that were in their earlier tracks were just applied to an older age - and the musical proficiency of the band improved, too.

I want something that isn't a retread of older material, that's what it's there for, but doesn't shove the fact that it's a musical shift in my face. I also feel like going back on the MacPhisto idea of the self-examined rock star would just be another rehash of old ideas. However calculated Bono's persona may come across to, I feel it's very real, that the guy puts it all out for us all to listen and watch, and his lyrics and contributions to the band reflect that.

Here's what Eno said:

He didn't say MOS was the best song ever. Christ.
He didn't even say it was U2's best song.
He said Moment of Surrender was the best U2 song he had worked on.

And he bet Bono that Stuck would be their biggest hit in the U.S. only.

Acoustic Desire is horrible.

A Man And A Woman would be :drool: though.

I actually like the acoustic Desire version much more than the album version. Same with Stuck. Actually, I think all the songs played a the Union Chapel gig were brilliant. I'd love to hear an acoustic U2 album but doubt that will ever happen.

How about an acoustic studio album, all new songs? could be cool, but maybe kinda boring. Or, include a bonus disc of the new album, with a bunch of songs preformed acoustically! Not even all of the songs, just a bunch! Better yet, a DVD of them playing the new songs in the studio in acoustic form?!?!

Anyone excited yet?:hyper:

With the extra live verse and some Bono poverty/Africa speech, otherwise there's no way it will get to 8 minutes.

Bonus: with Mary J Blige's version as the B-side.

Back
Top Bottom