I'm Looking to buy the SAINTS CD in the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eltimbomofo

War Child
I'm trying to buy the Saints cd in the US and no one seems to carry it around here. Are there any major retail chains in the US that are supposed to be carrying it? Has anyone purchased it in person as opposed to buying online? Amazon lists it as shipping in 1 to 4 months. I want it now ! :)

Thanks much

Tim

U2 no longer release CD singles in the U.S. Barring a few token exceptions (like from the "American Idol" kids), CD singles sell very poorly in the U.S. As such, they aren't released.

Therefore, they'd have to be bought overseas an imported.

If you want it fast, I recommend doing the online route. Otherwise, you will have to wait until these CD's slowly trickle into U.S. stores.

1-4 months?! How bizarre; I hadn't even noticed that.

You might want to check out the "new and used" options under the item on Amazon. I just looked, and several of them are listed as new, and ship from the States.

Yeah, but the original poster's point is that it says delivery takes between 1-4 months.

Wow, i bought it here in Canada yesterday for $2.99, i'll grab a copy and send it down to you if that'll help.

Iskra said:
They wonder why we download stuff....Give us what we want and we'll pay for it!!

Well, that's the whole thing. People weren't buying CD singles any more. There are tons of reasons for this. One is that the CD singles were too costly. Some were $8! If I just want one song, I'm not willing to pay $8 for a CD that has a bunch of remixes on it. That's the second reason - lack of quality material on the disc. Having a single with 5 remixes of the track is a bit much. Or having a token live song or two and maybe a remake. That's nice and all, but I just want the one frickin' song - not all this crap. And I don't want to buy the album - I just want the song. Hence people stopped buying CD singles and started downloading.

iTunes was the first place that *finally* got smart and said "let's give people what they want". So now we can download that one song, for a mere 99 cents, and put it on our iPods or onto a CD or play it on our computers or whatever. We don't have to buy the entire album or get a single full of remixes.

Hence you can probably download the track legally somewhere.

But if you still want a tangible CD single, then you'll either have to order it online or go to Canada. ;)

As far as purchasing a download:

I have no problem paying for it if it was available in CD quality. I don't buy any downloads for that reason. They sound like crap on a nice system. I'm truly surprised that billions of downloads are being purchased at a lower than cd quality simply for the sake of convenience.

As for the cd not being available in the US:

I understand the dynamics of singles not being sold in the US, however I've never had a problem tracking them down before. I especially thought this one would be easy due to the fact that the whole premise of this single release was to benefit a charity in the US.

Thanks to those cool people who offered to send me a copy and pointed me to a place online to buy. I'm going to order from Amazon.ca in Canada.

Thanks again,

Tim

Where's "around here"? Anyway, I'm in NYC and I just bought the UK import tonight for $6.99 at the Virgin Megastore in Union Square, it was in the first rack right in front of the entrance, had at least 20 of them...

Last edited:
Luckily I've got Newbury Comics in town and they always have plenty of U2 singles, as the Virgin Megastore closed down last week.

Pop Artist said:
Where's "around here"? Anyway, I'm in NYC and I just bought the UK import tonight for $6.99 at the Virgin Megastore in Union Square, it was in the first rack right in front of the entrance, had at least 20 of them...

Northeast Wisconsin. No Virgins around here.

It WILL BE RELEASED IN THE US.
I work at Borders in PORTLAND OREGON, and we have 5 copies of the single on order (not an import) retail price being just 5.99., and the street date being 11/14.

so it looks to me that it will be a US release (i mean, c'mon, it is for charity) and it will be cheap enough to afford.

good news to me.

Clawgrabber said:
It WILL BE RELEASED IN THE US.
I work at Borders in PORTLAND OREGON, and we have 5 copies of the single on order (not an import) retail price being just 5.99., and the street date being 11/14.

so it looks to me that it will be a US release (i mean, c'mon, it is for charity) and it will be cheap enough to afford.

good news to me.

thank you for that info!!

bort269 said:

thank you for that info!!

indeed I stopped at my local Borders and they will get 2 copies in on tuesday!! Thanks Clawgrabber!

I call 1 copy at the Santa Cruz Borders... hands off!!! :)

amazon.ca or amazon.co.uk is where Ive been getting my CD singles from. paying for the shipping is rough sometimes, but a lot of times it still works out cheaper than buying an 'import' in a US store, if they even have it.

Back
Top Bottom