I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight Thread

Anyone that knows me at all could have easily guessed that this would be one of my favorites on the album. It's the catchiest bitch on here. Joyous, cheesy, brash, infectious, and euphoric. And I love it. It will be my jam. Oh yes, it will be my jam. Here's what I have for lyrics so far. I think I'm close. Someone help me with the part in the second verse where I have a ?? -

CRAZY TONIGHT

She's a rainbow and she loves the peaceful life
Knows I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight
There's a part of me in chaos that's quiet
And there's a part of you that wants me to riot
Everybody needs to cry or needs to spit
Every sweet-tooth needs just a little hit
Every beauty needs to go out with an idiot
How can you stand next to the truth and not see it?

Change of heart comes slow...

IT'S NOT A HILL, IT'S A MOUNTAIN
As you start out the climb
Do you believe me or are you doubtin?
We're gonna make it all the way to the light
But I know I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight

Every generation gets a chance to change the world
??Divination?? that will listen to your boys and girls
Is the sweetest melody the one we haven't heard?
Is it true that perfect love drives out all fear?
The right to be ridiculous is something I hold dear

But change of heart comes slow...

IT'S NOT A HILL, IT'S A MOUNTAIN
As you start out the climb
You see for me I've been shoutin
But we're gonna make it all the way to the light
But I know I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight

Baby, baby, baby, I know I'm not alone
Baby, baby, baby, I know I'm not alone

Ha, ha, ha

(The Edge)

IT'S NOT A HILL IT'S A MOUNTAIN
You see for me I've been shouting
Let's shout until the darkness, squeeze out sparks of light

You know we'll go crazy
You know we'll go crazy
You know we'll go crazy, if we don't go crazy tonight

Well, it's the only I song I've got a problem with at first listen (Bono's falsettos are kinda bad) and I was hoping for a more epic ending. Not a bad song at all, but my least fav at the moment. Again, not bad at all, far from that.

The verses have this great building energy...sort of like climbing up a hill..or maybe a mountain. Oh haha, i made a funny.

This part rules - "but i know i'll go crazy if i don't go crazy tonight"

but this part is even better - "baby baby bay...."

U2 suprised the hell out of me with this song. It actually makes me want to go out and do something. Not everything has to be dark or ironic. Sometimes pure joy is the greatest emotion in a song.

The verses have this great building energy...sort of like climbing up a hill..or maybe a mountain. Oh haha, i made a funny.

U2 suprised the hell out of me with this song. It actually makes me want to go out and do something. Not everything has to be dark or ironic. Sometimes pure joy is the greatest emotion in a song.
Nobody does joy in a song better than U2. Ever.

I absolutely love this song.

That's what's great... It seems U2 has so many different styles that what works for us, doesn't click with all and at the same time another song people love, i don't get into as much.

I just hope... I love the lyrics... I just can imagine being in the stadium and it rockin'

It's growing, but I still don't like Bono's falsettos and the fact they don't "explode" the chorus.

:up: great post.

Pop perfection.

The song as a whole probably isn't one of my favourites but the chorus and the bridge are great and I love Edge's solo. So, that's like, most of the song. That I love.

I really, really don't care for the lyrics, but the song is superbly structured, and Bono's voice is in great form. It breaks even.

i :heart: it. it´s also a very good choice for the second single...only topped by magnificent as the third one:)

after more than 10 times listening: it climbs up and left magnificent behind. now i really KNOW why they choosed this song for the second single. :applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

As I said elsewhere, this sounds like a Walk On B-Side from ATYCLB. Weakest song on an otherwise innovative and interesting album. For a band obviously on such a creative streak, I'm amazed they kept something so generic.

it would make a great single. This was the song i was scared of most too :lol:

Back
Top Bottom