I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is my favorite track off the album! I love every part of the song (except for maybe the Journey parts, but thats only cause of the eerie similarity)! I agree that it would make a great single! At least, I see it with more potential and radio-friendliness than Magnificent, as good as that song is. But not only is it catchy enough to be on radio, it's also got "soul" as someone mentioned before, rather than being a shallow pop song, and is very uplifting. Has anyone said anything about the guitar solo part? Amazing!

Does the guitar intro remind anyone else of "Falling Slowly" from the movie Once?

Actually, yes!

The banal solo at 3 minutes sounds like B*Witched to me too, Ce la Vie. Weak.

Have to say that this is easily and obviously the worst song on the album IMO. From the title to the glib tune, it's not great...:reject:

Actually, yes!

The banal solo at 3 minutes sounds like B*Witched to me too, Ce la Vie. Weak.

Have to say that this is easily and obviously the worst song on the album IMO. From the title to the glib tune, it's not great...:reject:

If you hate this song avoid this thread.Are you crazy?this is appreciation thread,and if you hate U2 go away from this forum...
Song is great and album as well!

I will say this, the chorus of this song is something else...100% U2 catchiness. The other parts don't move me in the same way.

I'm positive the reason I hate this song right now is because it reminds me so much of the HTDAAB and ATYCLB era of "too easy" songs - being a huge U2 fan and waiting FOUR YEARS each time for stinkers. That feeling sucks.

I'm sure I will let it have its place eventually but for now it's just too hard.

I'm positive the reason I hate this song right now is because it reminds me so much of the HTDAAB and ATYCLB era of "too easy" songs - being a huge U2 fan and waiting FOUR YEARS each time for stinkers. That feeling sucks.

I'm sure I will let it have its place eventually but for now it's just too hard.

But don't all their albums have stinkers?

Even the beloved AB and JT have one or two howlers lurking in the shadows...

It's a juicy and catchy piece of music. But there is a lot going on there. Even accoustic guitar! I just plain love Crazy Tonight. It's a very inspired moment from them! Rank with some of the best.

24 hours later and this one is still :down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down:

Worse actually.

Sounds like a Matchbox 20 song. And at their worst. Or Tonic after their two good songs. Or any bland American band of the late 90s / early 00s.

Love the album, love all the other songs.

Despise Crazy Tonight. No chord changes that are out of the ordinary, "cheesy" lyrics the likes of which I have not heard by U2 before (Larry, why did you not protest!!!???).

What disappoints me is that I could get an acoustic guitar and whip this one up myself, and that is not a feeling I have ever had before about a U2 song. I guess to put it simply, it just lacks U2's natural "wierdness".

Oh well, let's see it bomb if it's released as a single, as Boots has, and NLOTH the album will be forgotten in music history, derided by the youth of today, vanishing into the ether to be regarded as U2's second "Pop".

Pop was undeserving of such a reputation, but bad choices for singles ruined it, after Discotheque.

2nd day, listened to the album about 20 times and this song is still destroying my ears because it's so bad.
I love the album, really, but Crazy tonight is the worst U2 song in the last decade, easily. It's like a Christmas song without any power, cheesy as hell and it's because of such songs that NLOTH won't be a masterpiece....

2nd day, listened to the album about 20 times and this song is still destroying my ears because it's so bad.
I love the album, really, but Crazy tonight is the worst U2 song in the last decade, easily. It's like a Christmas song without any power, cheesy as hell and it's because of such songs that NLOTH won't be a masterpiece....

For me Crazy is the worst song on the album but I don't hate it. It is a throwback to Bomb but sounds better than half the songs on that record.

I think JT and AB are masterpieces but each has at least one song that I'm not entirely sold on.

i thought this was an appreciation thread, if that's the case why are people dissing it, I still haven't made my mind up on it yet, but find it a bit annoying that people are coming onto a thread like this and voicing their negative opinion,

make your own "why i dont like Crazy thread". :angry:

I can see the video for this being full of fun and bright flashy images with a 1960's hippy vibe.

Well, 24 hours on and this song is now growing on me - big time! :)

I was a bit :huh: at the falsetto business initially (particular the first one) and it sort of distracted from the rest of the song but I now I've got used to that, I've started appreciating the rest of the song - and the rest of the song is catchy as hell :up: :D

i thought this was an appreciation thread, if that's the case why are people dissing it, I still haven't made my mind up on it yet, but find it a bit annoying that people are coming onto a thread like this and voicing their negative opinion,

make your own "why i dont like Crazy thread". :angry:

So it means we are allowed to post only if we love the song? :hmm:

What about point of views and discussions? :huh:

Going into it I thought it would be bad, but I liked Beach Clip 5 that this is based off of so it was good.

okay, this song has grown on me a lot. So full of joy and so catchy!!

and I agree that "it's not a HIIILL its a MOUNTAAIN!" is one of the best parts of the album

love that BABY BABY BABY part too and Edge's little solo as I mentioned.

I even don't mind the falsetto, it's kind of cute :cute:

Very catchy, beautiful melody, but as I posted earlier - the sound quality on this track is so much worse than the others for some reason. The drums and cymbals are distorted as if they were turned up too loud.

Probably the sleeper on the album.... U haven't heard a lot about it... yet it catches U off guard w/ just how damn catchy & beautiful it is...

Very catchy, beautiful melody, but as I posted earlier - the sound quality on this track is so much worse than the others for some reason. The drums and cymbals are distorted as if they were turned up too loud.
I noticed that, too. Maybe it's something with the getmusic.com website, possibly? It seems strange that one song would be so noticeably different in sound quality. It is still my favorite song on the album so far.

Damn, I didn't liked it and now I'm getting shivers when I hear it. (And that's good.):applaud:

second 1/2 of this song does it for me. really poppy but seems to fit perfectly next to boots on the album.

great tune :up: this album has a lot of wierd (amazing) shit on it, this difference works well.

Back
Top Bottom