I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sounds WAYYYYYY better than the broadcast versions that were floating around.

Now if I could just find the damn Magnificent CD single somewhere I could have 3 of the 5 songs from that show at least...

You can find the Magnificent CD single on Amazon.com or do you mean a download version not the physical?

I picked up the Magnificent remix single for 10.99 at HMV last week in Toronto. Since it was going for twice as much on Ebay, I figured, why not?

So U2.com finally posted the details of the single release for September 7th.

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight will be released online, and as a CD with a live version of Magnificent, recorded live at the Somerville Theatre in Boston in March 2009. The single will also be available on 7" vinyl backed with the Dirty South Remix, and as a maxi single with the Dirty South, Fish Out Of Water and Redanka remixes. The artwork for the single features a still from the David O'Reilly video, and a live shot from the 360 Tour. More 'Crazy' news as we get it.

Excuse my ignorance but what's a maxi single? Is that only on vinyl or is it a CD?

That's a 12'' vinyl. :)

I so hoped the CD would contain the remixes. Hope there'll be different versions just like with Magnificent.

I'll get the vinyl anyway, I love this song so much that I want to hang it on my wall. :D

Still need to get a rail to hang my vinyls on though. :hmm:

I don't think they're referring to another vinyl, just a CD with more than 2 songs on it.

Really? Oh I'd like that a lot! I'd dig a cd single with all the remixes :)

The only definition of a maxi single I know is a 12 inch vinyl holding max 4 songs, because a regular vinyl single(7in?) could only hold a maximum of 2 songs.

Really? Oh I'd like that a lot! I'd dig a cd single with all the remixes :)

The only definition of a maxi single I know is a 12 inch vinyl holding max 4 songs, because a regular vinyl single(7in?) could only hold a maximum of 2 songs.

:hmm: Unless they are a 7 in vinyl to be played at 33 1/3, then you can have 4 songs, or a 7 in vinyl playable at both speeds with 3 songs (The In God's Country single is like that. 2 speeds, 3 songs)

cool, the CDS looks better:

CD1:drool:
1.I'll Go Crazy...
(Single Version)
2.I'll Go Crazy...
(Fish Out Of Water Remix)
3.I'll Go Crazy...
(Dirty South Full Remix)
4.I'll Go Crazy...
(Redanka Kick The DarkneSs Vocal M
5.I'll Go Crazy...
(Redanka Sparks Of Lightdub)
6.I'll Go Crazy...
(Redanka Kick The DarkneSs Instrumental)

CD2:up:
1.I'll Go Crazy...
(Single Version)
2.Magnificent
Boston (Live From Somerville)

cool, the CDS looks better:

CD1:drool:
1.I'll Go Crazy...
(Single Version)
2.I'll Go Crazy...
(Fish Out Of Water Remix)
3.I'll Go Crazy...
(Dirty South Full Remix)
4.I'll Go Crazy...
(Redanka Kick The DarkneSs Vocal M
5.I'll Go Crazy...
(Redanka Sparks Of Lightdub)
6.I'll Go Crazy...
(Redanka Kick The DarkneSs Instrumental)

:drool: I'll get that one!

Which one is the supposed studio version of the live Crazy btw?

:drool: I'll get that one!

Which one is the supposed studio version of the live Crazy btw?

it's one of the Redanka mixes + Dirty South ending

The ‘Redanka’s ‘Kick The Darkness’ Vocal Version’ and ‘Redanka’s ‘Sparks Of Light’ Dub Version’ seem to be the two used. (Along with the bit of Dirty South at the end as bathiu said)

Read this Gg, it's the story of how this came about, it's really interesting!

Redanka's U2 inside story (A crazy Thing)

The ‘Redanka’s ‘Kick The Darkness’ Vocal Version’ and ‘Redanka’s ‘Sparks Of Light’ Dub Version’ seem to be the two used. (Along with the bit of Dirty South at the end as bathiu said)

Read this Gg, it's the story of how this came about, it's really interesting!

Redanka's U2 inside story (A crazy Thing)

Wow.. he was supposed to be on the crashed plane...

Pretty epic story!!!

I'll see when I have all the remixes, I'll try to make a 'live' studio version by mixing the various parts then if I can. :D

alh, that question has been answered many times. YES the radio edit is different, its intro is cut, the part before "baby baby baby, you know we're not alone" is cut and the outro is shorter.

Is there a difference between the album version and the single version?

There is at least with what's called the 'single version' on iTunes. Both are about 4:13 or 4:14, but the single version is mixed/mastered much better than the album version.

I really love the Crazy single I downloaded from iTunes... a bunch of great remixes, two great music videos, and one really amazing full-length single mix (not edit)... it sounds like the version on the live video, but it's not chopped up!

I want to hear a mix using the sound from the BlackBerry Loves U2 commercial. Any idea if they are going to release a mix using that version. I know the commercial is heavily edited, but the overall song sounds like a different mix...there's more of a piano/synthesizer sound to the rhythm.

Anyone agree the sound on the commercial is great? You'd think they'd realize that version.

:up:
I want to hear a mix using the sound from the BlackBerry Loves U2 commercial. Any idea if they are going to release a mix using that version. I know the commercial is heavily edited, but the overall song sounds like a different mix...there's more of a piano/synthesizer sound to the rhythm.

Anyone agree the sound on the commercial is great? You'd think they'd realize that version.

:yes: I love the vocal as well.

:grumpy: Both Maxi single and vinyl single were SOLD OUT.

I had to order the maxi at one shop, but they couldn't order the vinyl so I had to go to the old skool record shop to order it there. :crack:

yea that black berry commercial version is awesome i want to hear the full mix of that - is it the same vocal as on the album it sounds a little different

Back
Top Bottom