I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm probably going to pick up the vinyl for this song as well. :love:

I'm hoping for a live version of the CT Remix as a b side, that song rocks so bloody much!

I'm totally crazy about this song, love the remixes too much!..it rocks my world! :love:

Me too, thanks to 'your' remixes!
Anyway, you sent me these:
01 - Crazy (Kick The Darkness Vocal)
02 - Crazy (Sparks Of Light Dub)
01 - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Dirty South Club Mix)
02 - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Dirty South Radio Mix)
I believe I'm lagging behind already. Would you be so kind as to send me the missing (Fish out of water etc.) remixes? Sorry, I know this is not the request thread, but maybe just for this once? :applaud:

So, how does the Single Version differ from the Radio Edit and Album Version? It seems incredibly subtle to me...

Whoa, I'm just now getting around to watching the animated video... it has a full-length edit of the song with far, far superior mixing and mastering to the album version. The difference is pretty major to my ears, just after one listen on consumer-grade listening gear.

The single edit of IGCIIDGCT kind of reminds me of the edit for Even Better Than The Real Thing. Unlike some other single versions (such as the Pop songs, Walk On, and All Because of You), this single is mixed differently but isn't a complete overhaul or different studio performance. After a few listens, here's what I notice is different when comparing the single version to the album version:

Adam is mixed lower in the single version.
The single version has some added drum rolls leading to the choruses.
Keyboard effects mixed in slightly higher during buildup to verses.
The single version is mastered differently. The drums especially sound different when compared to the No Line studio mastered sound.

The overall song structure and length is the same for both versions.

Anyone else notice some differences?

The single edit of IGCIIDGCT kind of reminds me of the edit for Even Better Than The Real Thing. Unlike some other single versions (such as the Pop songs, Walk On, and All Because of You), this single is mixed differently but isn't a complete overhaul or different studio performance. After a few listens, here's what I notice is different when comparing the single version to the album version:

Adam is mixed lower in the single version.
The single version has some added drum rolls leading to the choruses.
Keyboard effects mixed in slightly higher during buildup to verses.
The single version is mastered differently. The drums especially sound different when compared to the No Line studio mastered sound.

The overall song structure and length is the same for both versions.

Anyone else notice some differences?

There are some added backing vocals over the choruses (after the first one) that I really like. Real Thing's single version (incidentally, AB's third single) is a good comparison.

U2tour.de says the single is coming out September 4th, and this is the tracklisting:

1. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Single Version)
2. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Fish Out Of Water Remix)
3. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Dirty South Full Remix)
4. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Redanka Kick The Darkness Vocal)
5. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Redanka Sparks Of Light Dub)
6. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Redanka Kick The Darkness Instrumental)

Whoa, I'm just now getting around to watching the animated video... it has a full-length edit of the song with far, far superior mixing and mastering to the album version. The difference is pretty major to my ears, just after one listen on consumer-grade listening gear.

Where are you watching the animated video? The one on You Tube has the same crummy audio as the album version. The "live" video has the better mixed radio edit.

There are some added backing vocals over the choruses (after the first one) that I really like. Real Thing's single version (incidentally, AB's third single) is a good comparison.

For me, the radio edit is so much easier to listen to. The drums don't sound like an off-balance agitator, the cymbals don't sound like static, and Bono's voice isn't turned up to 11. I wince every time I hear the album version kick in and I look forward to replacing it with the radio edit once a high quality mp3 becomes available.

Btw, Real Thing was the 4th single off AB.

U2tour.de says the single is coming out September 4th, and this is the tracklisting:

1. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Single Version)
2. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Fish Out Of Water Remix)
3. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Dirty South Full Remix)
4. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Redanka Kick The Darkness Vocal)
5. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Redanka Sparks Of Light Dub)
6. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Redanka Kick The Darkness Instrumental)

:drool: I'm actually diggin that. Though I would've appreciated a live remix on there too!

I just wanna say that after x months of having the album, I was wrong about this song. I still think its somewhat U2 by the numbers, but is such a catchy ass song that its won me over. And it sounds good on the radio. So I am adding myself to the appreciation thread.

SUC still sucks though

This song really works well live, when I first heard the album it never struck me that it would become such a live highlight. Maybe the dance remix and the brilliant visuals help, but I really like this song now.

Back
Top Bottom