I wish U218 had been more like this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
3. With Or Without You
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
5. New Years Day
6. Pride
7. Desire
8. Beautiful Day
9. Stuck In A Moment
10. Elevation
11. Walk On
12. Vertigo
13. Sometimes
14. All Because Of You
15. City Of Blinding Lights
16. Original Of The Species
17. Saints
18. WITS

:drool: :drool: :drool:

They shouldn't have included One or MW! :rant:

The 90s was a black mark in U2's history! Nothing from the 90s would remotely sell well. And isn't that the most important thing in music??? Can't believe they included something from the horrible horrible 90s! :mad:

Zootlesque said:

The 90s was a black mark in U2's history! Nothing from the 90s would remotely sell well. And isn't that the most important thing in music??? Can't believe they included something from the horrible horrible 90s! :mad:

Why do you assume U2 feels this way?

Re: Re: I wish U218 had been more like this...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Why do you assume U2 feels this way?

Look at the track record. That is what will sell. Every single U2 record or release MUST SELL as much or more than the previous one! Otherwise it should be obliterated from the discography. Granted, Achtung Baby sold well but it is still part of the 90s. :madspit:

The only albums that matter:

War
UF
JT
RH
AB... :angry:
ATYCLB
HTDAAB

:drool:

Re: Re: Re: I wish U218 had been more like this...

Zootlesque said:

Look at the track record. That is what will sell. Every single U2 record or release MUST SELL as much or more than the previous one! Otherwise it should be obliterated from the discography. Granted, Achtung Baby sold well but it is still part of the 90s. :madspit:

The only albums that matter:

War
UF
JT
RH
AB... :angry:
ATYCLB
HTDAAB

:drool:

You didn't answer the question. You assume U2 looks at the 90's as a stain, yet you have no evidence backing this up, that's my point.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I wish U218 had been more like this...

BonoVoxSupastar said:
You didn't answer the question. You assume U2 looks at the 90's as a stain, yet you have no evidence backing this up, that's my point.

:huh: I don't assume. I know the 90s WERE a stain, a bad bad one that must be erased from everyone's memory! :no:

U2 is holy again now. Praise Yahweh. :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I wish U218 had been more like this...

Zootlesque said:

:huh: I don't assume. I know the 90s WERE a stain, a bad bad one that must be erased from everyone's memory! :no:

U2 is holy again now. Praise Yahweh. :)

Nice evidence.:|

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I wish U218 had been more like this...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Nice evidence.:|

He's laying the sarcasm down pretty thick.

In retrospect, I wish Gloria and I Will Follow made the album over Stuck, Elevation, with Stay or Miss Sarajevo as a bonus track.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I wish U218 had been more like this...

LemonMacPhisto said:

He's laying the sarcasm down pretty thick.

I understand that. That should be obvious by my first post. Hence why I asked him why he thinks U2 thinks this and not himself.

But I'm trying to get him to say why he thinks this, he's stated it several times but never really backs it up. So I'm curious.

U2 hates the 90's so much they played 7 AB songs, 5 Pop songs, a Passengers song and 2 (and a third one during the course of a tour) Zooropa songs during the last two tours. You know, the album that was nowhere to be seen on Popmart setlists. Boy, they must have loathed that album then.

I'm sure they already hate Bomb as it didn't outsell ATYCLB. :yes:

Zootlesque said:
:

But, but.... "One" and MW were U2's biggest hits (along with "Discotheque") in the 90's.

Wait... I see now... you make funny! :D DoctorWho like funny! :yes:

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
The 90s was a black mark in U2's history! Nothing from the 90s would remotely sell well.

Bullshit. lmao... "remotely". Youre off your tree mate. :wink:

Zootlesque said:
They shouldn't have included One or MW!

Mate, why do you say that? Both of those songs are great! As already proven these songs sold well as singles.

Zootlesque said:
And isn't that the most important thing in music???

Nah. Ill go dig up Bonos quote... "Its not about your airplay on MTV, or your record sales.. but (insert bono cliche here)" :wink:

:dancing:

Aside from the fact that sarcasm is totally lost in this forum, I'd like to ask you guys a serious question. Why did they only choose 2 singles from the 90s (3 if you count Sweetest Thing) when there was so much to choose from?... The Fly, Mysterious Ways, One, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Stay(faraway, so close!), Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Miss Sarajevo, Discotheque, Staring At The Sun, Last Night On Earth, Please, If God Will Send His Angels & Mofo. They picked 4 songs from a single album (ATYCLB) and only half the number of songs from a whole decade??? If that doesn't show an anti-90s stance I don't know what does. No need for any long winded proofs or 'evidence'.

I'm really surprised Hold Me, Thrill Me... didn't make it.

It's easily one of their most successful '90s songs.

Zootlesque said:
:dancing:

Aside from the fact that sarcasm is totally lost in this forum, I'd like to ask you guys a serious question. Why did they only choose 2 singles from the 90s (3 if you count Sweetest Thing) when there was so much to choose from?... The Fly, Mysterious Ways, One, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Stay(faraway, so close!), Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Miss Sarajevo, Discotheque, Staring At The Sun, Last Night On Earth, Please, If God Will Send His Angels & Mofo. They picked 4 songs from a single album (ATYCLB) and only half the number of songs from a whole decade??? If that doesn't show an anti-90s stance I don't know what does. No need for any long winded proofs or 'evidence'.

How many of those were actually international hits? This is not a "best of" or U2's fave tracks, this is a singles album. Why is this hard for some people to understand? I'll never know.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Mofo and Angels did better or as well as Pride or WOWY? Really?

When did Axver say that? :scratch: And you pick 2 of the least likely ones from the 90s and compare them with 2 giants from the 80s??? How fair. :|

As far as I know, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Hold Me Thrill Me and Discotheque were huge worldwide. But they still didn't choose them.

Zootlesque said:

When did Axver say that? :scratch: And you pick 2 of the least likely ones from the 90s and compare them with 2 giants from the 80s??? How fair. :|

As far as I know, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Hold Me Thrill Me and Discotheque were huge worldwide. But they still didn't choose them.

But were they bigger than everything that made it on the album? I didn't say Axver said that nor was I trying not to be fair, I'm asking an honest question. I don't follow charts, so I'm asking you all honest questions.

I just don't get the anger over this compilation. I really don't.

I think COBL would blinding lights would be a great inclusion and i wish it was on.

Dont woory though they will one day bring out a double CD Album.

I don't follow charts either, or sales figures! Maybe we need STING2 here. :wink:

Maybe they didn't choose Hold Me Thrill Me, cos it was on the soundtrack to Batman Forever, a film that (correct me if I'm wrong) did not do well in the US. And I guess they didn't pick Discotheque because Pop had comparatively bad sales figures in the US. Seems like it's a very US centric decision to me.

:eek: I LOVE Batman Forever, and I'm sad that no one is getting your point Zoots...it is a shame that they only used three tracks from an entire decade. When even my mom knows Numb, I think that's a pretty good sign it was a popular song.

Back
Top Bottom