I really like the sound...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
of the Bono songs from Across The Universe. Sure, they're both John Lennon songs. But I really like the way they were done, and the production is pretty good, along with Bono's voice. People may be against the songs for whatever reason since they're cover songs or whatnot, but I think if U2's new album has production like those two songs, and if Bono's voice is as good as it was for the recording of those two songs, the new album will be the best thing U2's done in a long time.

do you have a good example of what you're talking about?

like a youtube link or something? a download?

It's on the Across The Universe soundtrack and the Across The Universe Movie. Buy it, rent it, or download it, I guess. I'm surprised that so many U2 fans didn't know Bono was in the movie and covered I Am The Walrus and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.

ya he did a great job on them both. I dont expect the same style tho on the upcoming album. I am really excited to hear how trance has evolved for u2 since Pop (imo a very underrated album).

the tourist said:
It's on the Across The Universe soundtrack and the Across The Universe Movie. Buy it, rent it, or download it, I guess. I'm surprised that so many U2 fans didn't know Bono was in the movie and covered I Am The Walrus and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.

oh, yeah I knew he did "I Am The Walrus," but didn't know about "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"...i'll check it out

COBL_04 said:
I was meh... they're both ok, but not outstanding or anything.

A classic case of "I don't really care about the song so much." The production on it was fantastic.

I find he struggles with the pitch on I Am The Walrus and phones in the rest of the vocals.

I realize it's a joke song, really, but I wasn't impressed.

last unicorn said:
Walrus is with Secret Machine. Lucy is Bono with Edge's background vocals.

Who handles the instrumentation on Lucy?

I love hearing Bono and Edge sing the harmonies on that.

blindinglights said:
"Lucy" has a vocal effect that sounds kind of zooropa-esque. Not a bad thing imo...
It's a bit too sugary for my taste. Some Auto-Tune in there too.

Back
Top Bottom