I met Brian Eno today and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the person with 31 posts questioning the integrity of someone with over 20,000.

Trust me. Aardvark is the real deal, fucking OLD SCHOOL.

Aardvark is such a newbe. He came here in july 2004 for God's sake :wink:

Again: Good stuff Aardvark! :up:

Wow, such a possitive respons from the master himself is just brilliant. Please tell me that you really met him and are not making it up. I don't want to accuse you of lying and I am actually very jealous that you met Eno but since the announcement of NLOTH a couple of weeks ago some people have been making stuff up. So please don't take it personal and if this is true you really made my day:up:.

I can confirm 100%. I had my camera with me and it did for a split second cross my mind about asking for a photo, but I thought that would've been a step too far, and with thousands walking around us, probably awkward too! :)

Mr Eno,
There is NO way in hell this is their best...HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

HOW CAN THEY OUT DO J.T AND A.B?

But anyway, awesome story!
This is gettin me sooo excited

I can confirm 100%. I had my camera with me and it did for a split second cross my mind about asking for a photo, but I thought that would've been a step too far, and with thousands walking around us, probably awkward too! :)

Took a lot of self control to not ask for one, buddy! :up: I don't know if I'd have been so cool. lol.

"Devastatingly brilliant..." :ohmy:

I am dying inside.

This could be it. The third undisputed masterpiece.:love:

I'm going to lock myself in my closet until March 2nd.

Well if it's "devestatingly brilliant" without Winter then I don't think we should worry so much. Of course Eno is biased in regards to hyping it up. I hope he's correct that it's U2's best album. That's such a tall order it's hard to imagine another album as good as AB and JT.

Rock 'n roll and the music business is in desperate need for some solid albums. :hmm:

So I was out on the protest march from Hyde Park to the Israeli Embassy this afternoon, and as I look to my left who should be walking next to me but Brian himself! I said hello and remarked upon how great it was that so many people were out in protest despite the bitter cold..then I moved in for the kill!

"So...just how good is NLOTH then Brian?" And with a smile he said "Devastating! It's devastatingly brilliant!" I reacted with a happy grin and he went on to say "I can honestly say it's the best album they've ever done, and people will love it"

I didnt want to ask anything more as I didnt think the timing was in any way appropriate, so I just said "Excellent" and we went on to talk more for 10 minutes or so about the situation in Gaza as we walked on, then he said that he was going to move on through the crowds a little quicker so that he could get closer to the front. He said "Good talking to you and take care" and off he disappeared.

Yeah, I know that what he said about it being the best album they've ever done isn't the most original line, but it sounded good hearing it face to face from him!
You're so cool for your political activism, and brave for talking to Eno. I would either be too hesitant to say anything or not know when to stop asking questions.

Eno is super cool for doing this, too.
Thanks so much for standing against injustice and asking the questions U2 other U2 fans wish they could.

Here's a warning to you "crazies", though; according to that gutless trash Fareed Zacharia, whose obviously going out of his way to prove he's not a Pakistani Muslim, and some people on this forum, you, Eno, Lennox, and others probably are anti-semites; hate to break it to you. What a dick, eh? There's something seriously wrong with the American mainstream media.

Here's a warning to you "crazies", though; according to that gutless trash Fareed Zacharia, whose obviously going out of his way to prove he's not a Pakistani Muslim, and some people on this forum, you, Eno, Lennox, and others probably are anti-semites; hate to break it to you. What a dick, eh? There's something seriously wrong with the American mainstream media.

I support Israel but still feel Zakaria is the worst major journalist working today.

Utter garbage.

Not that it really matters but I did not go on this march in support of either Israel or Palestine, merely as a person who does not agree with the inhumane treatment of children. Be it in my country or any other.

Probably best to stay on the topic of Eno and his comments now and leave any other debate for the Free Your Mind forum :up:

Well, man... congratulations
for go to the protest and for meeting Brian Eno.

It's the answer that we're expecting to hear from the producer of the album, but it's great anyway.

Again... congratulations!
:up: :applaud::applaud::up:

I'm sure I'm reading too much into it, but to me devastating brilliant connotes some order behind the whole album... perhaps the dark/light thing?

He probably just means the songs are brilliant, but I can't help but want some underlying concept to it all.

And I still really hope we get to hear Winter.

i really admire brian eno, it must have been amazing to meet him and even having a chat. i hope he really meant what he said..after all, can he say it's not very good album? of course no.

Cool, man:up: What a Coincidence to met him in such a big crowd.
btw, do anyone happen to know if Brian talked so enthusiastically also about the Coldplay album ?

Wow... very nice. Brian is amazing... one of the greatest modern musical geniuses. Without him, there is no way U2 would be what they are now.

Back
Top Bottom