I love crazy tonight... but bono's high note kills it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

icebergy

The Fly
I love the song to death i think it has a great hook and melody but the 2 high notes do sound a bit like nails on a chalk board
anyway dont kill me lol :reject:

I kinda agree. It doesn't kill it, but it's kinda annoying.

Are you talking about the very beginning where Bono's voices goes off wire in the "crazy tonight" line? Yeah, could do without. I hope he changes it live

SMB

Lol I couldnt agree more. It makes me cringe and laugh at the same time. :lol: God bless you Bono.

then after the Boys and girls part too idk what he was saying exactly

i only noticed it when i was listening for it, tbh.

Oh c'mon. Really? I can't believe that. It's truly awful.

I'd stop short of saying it kills the song because I think it's a pretty nice tune otherwise, but those notes (especially the first line) are terrible and completely unnecessary. I'm just surprised that no one pushed hard enough to change it.

That said, it's probably my biggest complaint about the album sonically and I think Bono sounds mostly good throughout.

Are you talking about the very beginning where Bono's voices goes off wire in the "crazy tonight" line? Yeah, could do without. I hope he changes it live

SMB

I hope they change some of the lyrics live as well. Maybe they can snippet in some Bon Jovi. Then again, who could tell the difference?

I'm going to have to disagree with everyone else. I loved this part of the song. Was a little disappointed he only does it once :p

I think those that dislike the falsetto aren't quite getting the song. Hope that isn't as arrogant as it sounds.:reject:

IGCIIDGCT is funny at times - in my opinion, the "crazy tonight!" falsetto at the beginning is downright hilarious. And meant to be so.

This is an exuberant, playful song that ends up actually meaning something by the end.:up:

Now I'm one to cringe at a lot of Bono's notes ("these daaaaaaaaays" in Breathe, "Allllllllllllllllll because of you"), but I actually like the falsetto notes in Crazy Tonight. Yes, I actually enjoy them, and look forward to those parts of the song. Does that make me crazy? ...tonight? :reject:

I think those that dislike the falsetto aren't quite getting the song. Hope that isn't as arrogant as it sounds.:reject:

IGCIIDGCT is funny at times - in my opinion, the "crazy tonight!" falsetto at the beginning is downright hilarious. And meant to be so.

This is an exuberant, playful song that ends up actually meaning something by the end.:up:

Exactly. :up:

I TOTALLY agree with you on that last bit.

NLOTH into Electrical Storm should be the intro to the concerts on this tour :up:

Still don't understand why Electrical Storm is the only single that they haven't played live :doh:... it went to #1 in Canada and I believe it was up there in Europe as well, so its surprising they haven't played it yet.

Back
Top Bottom