I have heard WITS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mirrorball

Babyface
I have heard WITS and I do think it is a pretty good song, maybe not "the best ever" but I am surprised they put this on a compile cd and not the album.

I will not send or post the song until it is officially released so don't ask.
Something interesting I can tell you. As weird as this may sound WITS is a combination of 2 of the beach songs it sounds a little different but I think the person who recorded those got 2 parts of the same song on different files.

Screwtape2 said:
Mr. Mirrorball, not sure if you're telling the truth but are 400 and 402 parts of the same song? That would explain the comparisons to the Sweetest thing, Dirty Day and COBL.

To be quite honest I listened to those beach clips back when they first came out and not since because they are hard on the ears being very raw recordings. I don't know them by number but I can say that what I heard from the clips WITS is in 2 separate files and sounds like 2 different songs but when you hear WITS they blend and make sense.

Someone posted that Rolling Stone's latest issue described it as having rich harmonies. Is part of the song 404? The "All My Life" chorus has some very rich harmonies.

Mr Mirrorball said:

To be quite honest I listened to those beach clips back when they first came out and not since because they are hard on the ears being very raw recordings. I don't know them by number but I can say that what I heard from the clips WITS is in 2 separate files and sounds like 2 different songs but when you hear WITS they blend and make sense.

400 had a driving and melodic piano that sounded like COBL. Then 402 had a Dirty Day feel to it had a guitar part at the end of the chorus. 400 opens the song and then erupts into 402? :hmm:

theoriginal said:
Someone posted that Rolling Stone's latest issue described it as having rich harmonies. Is part of the song 404? The "All My Life" chorus has some very rich harmonies.

hard to imagine 404 and 402 turning into one song..because 402 sounds kind of dark and 404 being uplifting. But the band has done this before, Walk On was two songs with great chords but not good songs.....Adam said that.....I think Walk on was a song called "home" and another song...We will hear the song soon enough but speculation about is almost as cool as hearing it.

Interesting how those who've heard it haven't been able to say how, where, or even anything remotely concrete...

Not even a line.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Interesting how those who've heard it haven't been able to say how, where, or even anything remotely concrete...

Not even a line.

I wish people could remember details. Write something down for gods sake! :)

I agree, anyone who claims they have heard the song and PURELY makes the claim alone without anything to substantiate it is most likely just seeking attention. But nevertheless, a leak before the end of the week is almost inevitable.

Swan269 said:

I wish people could remember details. Write something down for gods sake! :)

Exactly! You notice that with each person who has heard the song, there is always a little more new info which seems to point the same direction. COBL, Sweetest Thing and Dirty Day? A combo of two of the beach clips? All the info is pointing towards a similar sound. Hmm...the mystery continues.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Not even a line.

:eyebrow:

What is this, three people who claim to have heard it but can't say anything at all about anything. Just vague crap about musical nuances and hints of sounds.

Come on. What's the point of posting? Fine if you don't feel like posting a link (well, not really "fine"...). But it's not like you're going to get fired from your job or lose your special contact or whatever gave you the chance to hear it.....just by giving an accurate description of the friggin' song. :scratch: Lyrics? More thorough description of what it sounds like? There's nothing harmful in posting about that if you really have heard the song. When you give nothing but vague two-liners, you do nothing but hurt your own credibility. :shrug:

By the way, I have seen the video for Window and let me tell you, it's pretty darn good. There's music in the background and they filmed stuff. I won't share it, though, so don't bother asking.

I just posted this to give you an idea of what's to come since everyone is waiting to know.
I don't care if you believe it or not.
I gave you about as much info as I want to give. I thought the hint was enough being that 2 beach clips are actually one song.

Sorry but I can't nor won't post lyrics or the file, that would just spoil it for everyone. Just wait and listen in about a week or so and find out.

The Slow Loris said:
It seems as though everyone in this forum has now heard this song.....and not one nasty review. That's got to be an Inerference record!

wait until people actually hear the song.

The productions sucks.
The lyrics are weak.
Edge dialed it in again.
Will be a big single though.
Fuck Larry for doing this to my favourite band.

There. :madspit:

Mr Mirrorball said:
I just posted this to give you an idea of what's to come since everyone is waiting to know.
I don't care if you believe it or not.
I gave you about as much info as I want to give. I thought the hint was enough being that 2 beach clips are actually one song.

Sorry but I can't nor won't post lyrics or the file, that would just spoil it for everyone. Just wait and listen in about a week or so and find out.

there are those of us that look at the ultrasound and say "its a boy!" others say, I must wait until the day to make it a surprise. I think it is a surprise either way but I think everyone here would want to know the sex of their child.

Earnie Shavers said:
The productions sucks.
The lyrics are weak.
Edge dialed it in again.
Will be a big single though.
Fuck Larry for doing this to my favourite band.

There. :madspit:

you forgot about getting the song out in time so that it can win a grammy.

Swan269 said:

wait until people actually hear the song.
I can tell you exactly how it will play out. First, there will be a 300 page thread fawning over the newest "U2 classic", which will be followed, naturally, with a backlash of how U2 have lost the plot -- but not like the last time they lost the plot....no, this time it will be even worse: this time, they will have lost the plot "again". But this will be rebuffed with the solid 1-2 punch of an argument: "Well, it is only a singles compliation, and as such, it's a perfect single," to which all hell will break loose.....and U2 will take paramount criticism for showing so little in paramount concern for the "loyal fan", who is, let's face it, of paramount importance.

This will go on, to and frow, for about two weeks....and then people will get bored again.

The Slow Loris said:

I can tell you exactly how it will play out. First, there will be a 300 page thread fawning over the newest "U2 classic", which will be followed, naturally, with a backlash of how U2 have lost the plot -- but not like the last time they lost the plot....no, this time it will be even worse: this time, they will have lost the plot "again". But this will be rebuffed with the solid 1-2 punch of an argument: "Well, it is only a singles compliation, and as such, it's a perfect single," to which all hell will break loose.....and U2 will take paramount criticism for showing so little in paramount concern for the "loyal fan", who is, let's face it, of paramount importance.

This will go on, to and frow, for about two weeks....and then people will get bored again.

someone will say this kind of sounds like Mercy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom