I have a theory! - remix/dance album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ditto. The Faulke one would've been interesting to see, especially if they wanted to change it up this time around. Verdict's still out on this version of Magnificent for me.

The album version is still ace though, imo.

edit: Just watched the remix version from Mexico. I'd say stick to playing the album version live (even if some fans would complain they're not changing it up). The visuals are actually alright, but the tempo and Tutu stuff isn't suiting the song, imo.

You mean Screamadelica? Definitely not up to Achtung standards, although it was incredibly significant to the UK music scene at the tume, and it has some great stuff. Loaded is a very good song.

Oh God of course, Screamadelica! It must be the good ecstasy that Bono has been missing out on! :wink:

It was about them winning an award, but I remember him being much more angry... I thought he called them derivative or something, hell it's been a long time I can't remember.

I tried to google it, but pre internet articles are sometimes hard to find :wink:

I remember that too, he was very angry! Bono was right about the RS derivative jibe in general, but Screamadelica and XTRMNTR certainly break that mould, unfortunately they don't make albums like that now..

Pretty rare for him to lash out a particular act like that.

I hope neither side have forgotten about this and Bono and Bobby Gillespie have a punch up backstage at Glastonbury. Brilliant.

Didn't Edge or one of them do the same thing about Powderfinger? Said they're not opening for us cos they're too bland? And now Bernard Fanning absolutely despises the band? :lol:

I remember inte noting that Fanning wrote a lyric in one of the band's lyrics that was a bit of a subtle shot at U2. "It's not such a beautiful day" I believe it was.

Powderfinger are the epitome of boring save for a few songs that I don't mind.

Don't have any qualms with Edge saying what he said.

Drop the backing vocals, bring back the intro and don't let Bono bah-bah-bah

Actually, after I've read bono's last interview on the dance album, it does seem like it would be original material, so I withdraw my theory!!

Back
Top Bottom