Honestly, I was worried....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I was worried that once I left the role of running Interference and the bias that came with it, that when a new U2 single/album surfaced my 'fandom' for the band would be challenged, and perhaps even let down.

After listening to 'Get On Your Boots'....

I don't think I have anything to worry about.

This isn't a review of the song. This is a statement.

Elvis/Joel

P.S. The song does sound similar to Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues

I have heard quite a bit of the CD and it's fantastic. People will love it or hate it. I love it.

PS: When are we doing Wahoo's again?? ;) E me!

REOPENED!

Do NOT review the damn song in this thread! (Or Sicy will hang all of us!)

This is about fandom waivering, and your personal experience in that regard.

Thanks Sicy ;)

Only because you created this madness that is the blue crack. :p

I think a good lot of people's fandom may have waivered a bit.. having to wait so many years for new material.

The whole time before this single came out, I never once thought "what if it's crap?! :uhoh: " because I have complete and utter faith in this band :D

The only time my fandom waivered is during the long period of having no new music from them and having exhausted all of their albums.. my listening to them sort of ground to a halt. But whenever I did happen to listen to them, I'd be reminded of why they're my favourite band.

Only because you created this madness that is the blue crack. :p

I think a good lot of people's fandom may have waivered a bit.. having to wait so many years for new material.

Damnit. You're keeping me up. I need to go sleep! ;)

I'm glad I still get SOME respect around here.

I am having a crisis of faith, father elvis. I didn't like the beach clips (although I like Boots better having heard this) and I'm worried about the album. My wife is HATING IT. She's saying she's the real fan because she's trying to keep them honest. She says it doesn't move her the way every other song from them does.

I like it okay, but it's just a pop song right now. It's Elevation. It's Gwen Stefani rock. Okay, it's better than Elevation. But I just need to say again that I'm scared and I need to be held.

It's been 5 years since I'm a fan...
I must say it's worth the wait!

I had an experience a couple of years ago which made me completely stop listening to U2 for several years. But the last couple of months I have slowly started to let them back into my life and just now I am finally able to love them again.

It has been a bumpy ride, almost like having to learn to ride your bike all over again, with all the cuts and bruises that comes with it.

I DO like it better than Discotheque. But after becoming a fan in '92, this is the most frightened I've ever been. And it's not because it doesn't sound like AB, JT, etc. I listen to indie rock almost exclusively and can handle something different. It's the full-on pop direction.

I had an experience a couple of years ago which made me completely stop listening to U2 for several years. But the last couple of months I have slowly started to let them back into my life and just now I am finally able to love them again.

It has been a bumpy ride, almost like having to learn to ride your bike all over again, with all the cuts and bruises that comes with it.

I'm sure it was something painful and personal, but I can't help but wonder what happened. If I got divorced I think I would have to abandon U2 since we went to Dublin for our honeymoon in search of Bono (and settled for Larry in the Octagon).

This is the first First U2 single ever that has completely underwhelmed me. Its not fan fatigue, its not a change in tastes, etc.... its just not a big deal. I'll play it over the coming days, but I don't have the urge to.. if that makes sense.

Bring on the rest of the album.

This is the first First U2 single ever that has completely underwhelmed me. Its not fan fatigue, its not a change in tastes, etc.... its just not a big deal. I'll play it over the coming days, but I don't have the urge to.. if that makes sense.

That shit can't get here quick enough. This thing only leaked a couple hours early. Imagine if they keep the chains on the album until late Feb. Ugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.

this is the first first u2 single ever that has completely underwhelmed me. Its not fan fatigue, its not a change in tastes, etc.... Its just not a big deal. I'll play it over the coming days, but i don't have the urge to.. If that makes sense.

qft.

:up:

I'd go as far as saying that it's really disappointing, considering it's been 4½ years now. Completely redundant throwaway forgettable trash.

I was worried that once I left the role of running Interference and the bias that came with it, that when a new U2 single/album surfaced my 'fandom' for the band would be challenged, and perhaps even let down.

After listening to 'Get On Your Boots'....

I don't think I have anything to worry about.

This isn't a review of the song. This is a statement.

Elvis/Joel

P.S. The song does sound similar to Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues

Dude, I know exactly where youre coming from. The last album kind of made it embarassing to admit to being a fan. It mas like U2 was covering U2. And maybe that was the intention, maybe the message of the last 8 years was when you cant appreciate progression in popular music you get sugar instead. Pop failed so its as if they punished us and put out actual pop albums. This is obviously a different message, they have faith in us again.

Dude, I know exactly where youre coming from. The last album kind of made it embarassing to admit to being a fan. It mas like U2 was covering U2. And maybe that was the intention, maybe the message of the last 8 years was when you cant appreciate progression in popular music you get sugar instead. Pop failed so its as if they punished us and put out actual pop albums. This is obviously a different message, they have faith in us again.

Holy crap...I've never agreed with something more on this forum! Props!

I totally lost interest after the last tour and I still live with the belief that the duo of JT/AB will never be beat. I hope I'm wrong but I didn't get all warm and fuzzy with Boots this morning. But I keep getting sucked back into the album/tour madness with the hopes that this time will be different.

Probably beach clips.

Magnificent/Unknown Caller/Breathe are all epic songs in comparison to Get on your boots.

I think this album is going to be a keeper. :applaud:

We haven't even heard Moment of Surrender yet.

Back
Top Bottom