HMV - Where the album has a name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
Apologies if this has been posted already, but I had a quick look and couldn't find it anywhere

Got sent this from a thread in zootopia

nloth.jpg

what do we think - are HMV just picking up on hype and taking a chance or is this now it :hyper::hyper::hyper:

yeah, def not nearly as clunky as Bomb or even All That You Can't Leave Behind

i like

these guys probably just picked up the name from those articles that picked up the name from atu2, who picked up the name from noticing that U2 registered the web domain. i dont think its confirmed just yet guys

I'd probably hold on carving it in stone until we get more "official" word, especially since there have been so many crappy articles writing buzz as truth. However, the band have named a few albums after songs (October, UF, Zooropa), and NLOTH works pretty damn well as both a song and album title. :drool: So, I don't think it's terribly unlikely....I'm just not 100% convinced yet. This, however, is one small step in the right direction!

I don't work for HMV, but do they just put in album names on their own accord? I mean, for their listings, are they allowed to put rumors, or would this have come from Universal Music? I'm just curious, because it seems like a very strange thing for HMV to do if it's not confirmed. Then again, maybe they do it all the time?:hmm:

I'd probably hold on carving it in stone until we get more "official" word, especially since there have been so many crappy articles writing buzz as truth. However, the band have named a few albums after songs (October, UF, Zooropa), and NLOTH works pretty damn well as both a song and album title. :drool: So, I don't think it's terribly unlikely....I'm just not 100% convinced yet. This, however, is one small step in the right direction!

okay, i was 80% sure that this was the album title yesterday, now i'm 95% sure. There is no way HMV would be listing album titles based on internet fansite and tabloid press rumours... Surely there's a trade link in this and they've been tipped the word.

Anyone in the industry feel free to tell me i'm talking rubbish! :reject:

Studio albums:

Boy
October
War

The Unforgettable Fire
The Joshua Tree
Rattle and Hum

Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Pop

All That You Can't Leave Behind
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
No Line On The Horizon

The circle is complete.

That trilogy crap is bullshit I'm afraid

I think there's something to it :hmm:
the question is will NLOTH be the War/JT/Achtung Baby of this 3 :hmm:

War - the last one of the 3
JT - the middle one of the 3
Achtung Baby - the first one of the 3

:hyper:

NLOTH - the last one of the 3 again?

"the circle is complete" :wink:

Hmmmmm. Again it does still seem that the internet rumors are roaming free now, but I don't know how HMV works, you'd think they'd need something more official, but I doubt Universal music was planning on announcing this by letting it trickle through internet retailers instead of a big freaking event announcement.

Hmmmmm. Again it does still seem that the internet rumors are roaming free now, but I don't know how HMV works, you'd think they'd need something more official, but I doubt Universal music was planning on announcing this by letting it trickle through internet retailers instead of a big freaking event announcement.

My thoughts exactly. I'll be patient a wee bit longer and wait for an official announcement from either Universal or the guys themselves.

People in the industry were sure HTDAAB was gonna be called Vertigo.

Back
Top Bottom