hint to the new album's sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
We often discuss how there are moments on U2 albums that seem to hint to the next one's sound. The link between AB and God part II is perhaps the most obvious example. So what do you think H2DAAB offers in this respect?

I think Love and Peace is an obvious contender.

Consider:
1. The marriage of U2s current songwriting with Lanois and Eno production, and Eno's keyboard contribution, which arguably deserves partial songwriting credit.
2. The idea that the next record supposedly bridges the traditional leanings of Lanois with the experimental drive of Eno. LAPOE is essentially a blues tune, that could be easily distilled to acoustic guitar and sung in a straightforward manner. But, they approach it quite differently on record. The keys in particular add an otherworldly dimension.
3. While the track sounds in no way "trance," or Moroccan, it does rely heavily on rhythm and a driving drumbeat to propel it. At least in terms of how it's mixed, this might hint to how the guys will sound on the record.
4. This is the only track that might somehow be considered Venusian in origin. :wink:

Thoughts?
:hmm:

Last edited:
Because of nobody here having an idea of the 'new' (?) sound(s), a thread like this is nonsense, of course.
But I'd like your speculative idea – and came to a similar conclusion. That's because the first of the so-called Fez snippets, that was to be seen, sounds really similar to LAPOE. Strong guitar distorsions, driving bluesy rhythm ... hm, then on the other hand, the third (and last) of the Fez snippets sounded like a sister to "Walk On" or at least a recording for the last two albums.
I'm really eager to know, if we get a radical change in music – or only the PR-talk about such a change, with in the end only producing a solid follow up to ATYCLB and HTDAAB ...

LAPOE is the only song that I think could be the "God Part II" (one song that sounds like the next album) of the HTDAAB.

God Part II is to Achtung Baby as
LAPOE is to Next Album?

:hmm:

ZOOTVTOURist said:
Because of nobody here having an idea of the 'new' (?) sound(s), a thread like this is nonsense, of course.

well, of course, but this entire forum is speculation anyway

When did that come out? Sounds a whole lot like Love and Peace or Else musically.

the tourist said:
When did that come out? Sounds a whole lot like Love and Peace or Else musically.

Hm, That's exactly what we talked about three postings above – some people might be sleeping, eh?

P.S. Anybody able to post beach clip "402"?

ZOOTVTOURist said:

Hm, That's exactly what we talked about three postings above – some people might be sleeping, eh?

P.S. Anybody able to post beach clip "402" - whatever (?!) this is?

ZOOTVTOURist said:

Nah, I wouldn't be that pessemistic.

Actually, until someone has some definitive proof of what the new album will sound like, i.e. a clip of some sort, anything that anyone says on this forum is all speculation anyway. :shrug:

And any clips that we have heard thus far are, at best, demos, so the finished product may sound vastly different.

Ahem, @BonoManiac, my pessimism doesn't regard the hints we may have for the album – but the quote by a fellow-fan, that the "whole forum is speculation". Just look above ...

Ahem....my comment was based on your comment that a fellow fan's assertion that the "whole forum is speculation" is "pessimistic".

How can it be pessimistic when what we're all doing is in fact "speculation"? We're throwing around theories about an album's sound based on random bits of information culled from a few articles and one or two clips from Fez that came from Lanois' film. Until we have more concrete information on the album, we can talk all we want about the new sound, it's basically all speculation (which, I may add, is fun to do. I'm not knocking it).

Yes, but the "whole forum" has a lot more concrete details & infos than the threads with us speculating about the new album. That#s why I#m not that pessemistic

Back
Top Bottom