Here's why I think Window In the Skies May Be Beach Clip 404

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alanah said:
There's a short audio (30 sec) from the new song "Window In The Skies" around the net, but I don't know if it's a fake though.

Show us

I'm guessing that whatever we get, whether it derives from a beach clip or not, will be at least somewhat different. Because the clips are from before they went into the studio with Rubin, aren't they? So probably any of the songs would get polished up and perhaps changed.

that said, I really don't hear "skies" in the first line of 404, it sounds more like "dark," to me :shrug:. but that doesnt really mean anything. probably the lyrics from the beach clips arent definite anyway.

interesting! Just heard the clip if thats the song then its diff not a beach clip! and is that bono in the end. It sortof sounds like him but it sortoff doesn't and yes sounds a little fake but something nice.

alanah said:

:confused:

http://www.send space. com/file/uf8drx

:hmm: interesting... sounds like it could be Bono at the end, though it sounds very 80's. I seriously doubt this is it...there's too much echo on everything and the guitar tone is not what I would expect. but it could the the intro or something :shrug:

It's So fake

C'mon A simple bass line anyone could sound like that , a keyboard sound which sounds bit like ABBA , and only one line at the end .........

C'mon I rip all the strings of my guitar and pass 2 months without changin it , if it's the real thing

That Keyboard is beginnin to sound like Yahweh

And That Bassline already heard before

It can only be fake

The Beachclips are infinitely better than this

if it is U2, it's probably some forgotten UF b-side :wink: but it sounds waaay too 80's to be now. and way too much echoing, like I said before. there's delay on the bass, which Adam doesn't usually do. he said something once along the lines of they try to use only one effect at a time...so if Edge is using delay Adam won't

but you never know i guess

Just listened to that clip. Thanks for posting it.

Doesn't quite sound like it could be the real thing---it definitely sounds like someone made the music for it on their computer. But I'm holding off on uber-criticism in case it is the real thing & we get to hear the full length of it...I'll comment on it then when I can hear the whole thing.

I don't think it'll be this, though. One reason---look at the tags on it (this seems to be a theme tonight). The band's name is written in lowercase. The title of the song is wrong---it says "sky" instead of "skies," which u2.com says is the real title (haha...trusting u2.com! :wink: ). It's labeled as Track 1 of 18 (should be 18 of 18). And finally, the comments say "iTunes Preview Apple Corpts. (c) 2006," which I can't say I've seen before. Pretty suspicious.

AtomicBono said:
if it is U2, it's probably some forgotten UF b-side :wink: but it sounds waaay too 80's to be now. and way too much echoing, like I said before. there's delay on the bass, which Adam doesn't usually do. he said something once along the lines of they try to use only one effect at a time...so if Edge is using delay Adam won't

but you never know i guess

yep, and the echo seems too cheesy, much like something anyone can do on their ol' Sound Recorder on Windows XP.

but yeah, we'll have to wait and see.

Probably a fake. Either that or an Unforgettable Fire/ early JT demo. NOT Window in the Skies though. No way.

alanah said:
Well guys, I said that should be a fake before uploading it. :(

don't worry----no one's saying anything bad about you. we're all just saying that we also think it's fake, just like you said. Where'd you get it, btw?

Utoo said:

don't worry----no one's saying anything bad about you. we're all just saying that we also think it's fake, just like you said. Where'd you get it, btw?

Correct , it was worth anyway to know craqzy fakes are already flying

U2freakboy said:
At the very beginning of beach clip 404 ... it sounds like Bono may be saying "see the window in the skies." I've listened to it many, many times and I certainly can't rule it out. It also kind of fits with what he says later ... "shout it from the roof." If you're shouting something from the roof you'd be looking at the sky. It also fits the message of the chorus of the song which I believe is saying "All my life I've been waiting for the moment I live" or the "moment I'm in." "Window in the Skies" could mean the opening is now there to live your life to the fullest ... your moment is now.

I have just listened to the beginning a few times and you could be right..it also sounds like stars..or like someone else said "dark"

Definetly a fake. I'll do a mock-up of what I think it'll sound like tomorrow.

It's definitely 409 guys, my spy within the band told me so.

Codename: Madam Adam.

The song is called "Ring the Bells" by the band James. I'm surprised that no one has picked up on this yet. It is found on the album "Seven" (1992). It is actually a very good song, you should check it out if you have not heard it before. I think this clip is a live version. The album version is much more upbeat. Both versions are great though.

Hoodlem said:
The song is called "Ring the Bells" by the band James. I'm surprised that no one has picked up on this yet. It is found on the album "Seven" (1992). It is actually a very good song, you should check it out if you have not heard it before. I think this clip is a live version. The album version is much more upbeat. Both versions are great though.

Yep, that's what it looks like. The intro is a bit different, but you can tell right away when the vocals come in:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qp8syHDKFu0

Back
Top Bottom