GOYB Video? (Pics? 01/27/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madonna's cover of American Pie :down:

and the worse of them all

Warrant's Cherry Pie

Oh that is the worst! The video alone is a too chumpy and cheesy for words. It's probably the song, and the video, that drove a stake through the heart of hair metal and led to its demise.

For a fish and finger pie, in summer, meanwhile back at Penny Lane...

Or it might have been power ballads and the overall lack of originality/talent of so many cookie cutter pop metal bands. ::wink:

I have officially decided that I will watch the video a small number of times, and that will be the last time I listen to GOYB until the album spills. I love it, but I want it to still sound fresh when I listen to it in context.

When HTDAAB came out, I had done Vertigo to death. Then, when trying to get the whole album through one listen, Vertigo came first, and I was crawling in my skin waiting for it to just end!

I have officially decided that I will watch the video a small number of times, and that will be the last time I listen to GOYB until the album spills. I love it, but I want it to still sound fresh when I listen to it in context.

When HTDAAB came out, I had done Vertigo to death. Then, when trying to get the whole album through one listen, Vertigo came first, and I was crawling in my skin waiting for it to just end!

I think I will do the exact same thing! I have been turning the dial obsessively(i.e. not paying attention to the road) looking for GOYB and yesterday, just decided, thats it. Not missing a stop sign and getting a $100 ticket in this economy!

I look forward to the video later, will listen to boots in that context, and the wait for the album.

I think I will do the exact same thing! I have been turning the dial obsessively(i.e. not paying attention to the road) looking for GOYB and yesterday, just decided, thats it. Not missing a stop sign and getting a $100 ticket in this economy!

I look forward to the video later, will listen to boots in that context, and the wait for the album.

i think ill watch the vid 3 times. then ill go cold on 'new' U2 until the leak. I will listen to the alternate NLOTH though when its out on the 15th. Maybe give that on 3 or 4 spins

One of the images on page 10 on this thread says something about Motorola TVC? What do you figure that is? I attended a casting call today. They are looking for real U2 fans to shoot a commercial for Motorola in Argentina next week. I wonder if the shoots are related, but so far apart??? Makes no sense.

One of the images on page 10 on this thread says something about Motorola TVC? What do you figure that is? I attended a casting call today. They are looking for real U2 fans to shoot a commercial for Motorola in Argentina next week. I wonder if the shoots are related, but so far apart??? Makes no sense.

I've heard the same thing is going on here in Brazil.

Obviously, those "Motorola" shoots were made in 2006. I doubt very much that these scenes will be featured in the new U2 video. It may be something totally different. I wonder why it hasn't seen the light of day after more than two years.

Assuming that's Irish time, that's just over three hours from now. :hyper:

Unfortunately, I'll be at school... but in a class where I could probably get on their website and watch it.

Unfortunately, I'll be at school... but in a class where I could probably get on their website and watch it.

That article was posted about 6 hours ago so I assume it will be 27 hours from now :wink:

I thought it was *friday* at 4:55p Irish Time. So, for me in the east coast of the U.S. it would be 11:55am Friday.

Update on Ann Xiao's blog : http:// blog. sina . com. cn / annxiao

Rough translation :

U2 music video already completed.Now only needs the film cutter several hundred lens joining together editing, might heat bamboo strips for writing material tomorrow.The producer back coupling said Bono likes extremely.Get on your Boots also has other edition, by the Partizan manufacture, Alex the Courtes direct, this Friday is shown to the public.Our edition can wait slightly broadcast that, two editions will be the completely different styles.After broadcast I can issue in here.
Today finally relaxes, might breathe heavily the tone.

Update on Ann Xiao's blog : http:// blog. sina . com. cn / annxiao

Rough translation :

U2 music video already completed.Now only needs the film cutter several hundred lens joining together editing, might heat bamboo strips for writing material tomorrow.The producer back coupling said Bono likes extremely.Get on your Boots also has other edition, by the Partizan manufacture, Alex the Courtes direct, this Friday is shown to the public.Our edition can wait slightly broadcast that, two editions will be the completely different styles.After broadcast I can issue in here.
Today finally relaxes, might breathe heavily the tone.

Hmmm, so if this is indeed real, then there will be two versions of the video. Awesome.

Hmmm, so if this is indeed real, then there will be two versions of the video. Awesome.

Yeah, sounds like it.
Hope it's true.
We'll just have to wait and see.
I'm sure gonna keep an eye out on her blog.
And hope her version will see the light of day sometime in the future as well.
(and isn't gonna be locked up in a box somewhere for years).
Sounds like the video premiering tomorrow will be the one Alex Courtes made.
So it won't look like the stills.

Yeah, sounds like it.
Hope it's true.
We'll just have to wait and see.
I'm sure gonna keep an eye out on her blog.
And hope her version will see the light of day sometime in the future as well.
(and isn't gonna be locked up in a box somewhere for years).
Sounds like the video premiering tomorrow will be the one Alex Courtes made.
So it won't look like the stills.

Hrmmm. I was kind of looking forward to the cartoon version. She's got some cool vids on her web page.

Oh well, two videos is better than one. :up:

Whatever happened to the good ol' days when there was just one music video for a song and it was played on MTV?

Whatever happened to the good ol' days when there was just one music video for a song and it was played on MTV?

She says that her edition can "wait slightly," and seems to say that she'll post it after the other one airs tomorrow. She just doesn't say how long after...:hmm:

I predict that this will be extremely awesome.

Hopefully the video will win some of those fans who are still holding out over to the dark side.:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom