GOYB Video? (Pics? 01/27/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh, I guess some people just don't get it.

Let them repeat black and white "band playing in a room" videos ad nauseum.

As I said...I get the concept...they don't have many black and white videos playing in a room anyway...U2 has the most diverse video catalogue of anyone...i mearly said the chroma looked poor...if that is the look then fine but I would be surprised if that was the actual video....ok, remember the next time you write it that "some don't get it" that we do but we thought it looked sloppy based on the one frame shots of the bono cutouts. :|

For an example of what I believe is a current example of what the U2 video appears to look like, check out Ida Maria's video for "Better When You're Naked" on YouTube. Different art, but same concept.

Let me see if I got this straight....some of you guys are complaining over a bunch of pictures, talking crap about U2 and how poorly they make videos, even though you dont even know if the pictures real.

Why don't you wait to see the actual video before you say its crap? If the pictures are real, why dont you wait to see how they look...you know...in motion? Or completed?

It's funny how you guys act like you could do better than U2. Maybe you should pick up a guitar and try, instead of typing away on your laptops, talking a big game. The last 2 albums sold over 20 million, won close to 10 grammys, and sold out 200 shows....yet you guys act like they are on the downslide....see if you could do better

Oh come on, GOYB is failing, of course the video is going to suck also.

While I'm at it I know the album will suck too, I mean just look at the acronyms, they can't be any worse, shitty acronyms are a sure sign of a crappy album.

:wink:

Thats a damn good point Ramblin Rose....people bitch over the titles, they complain about a tracklisting to an album they never heard, they complain about Winter, even though they never heard the song......Led Zeppelin had songs called Custard Pie....who cares about the titles

When I first saw the pictures I posted last night, I thought Bono was wearing the same clothes as in this short video clip :

YouTube - U2's new video footage

But he's wearing a black jacket there and in the pics from last night, it appears to be a red leatherlike shirt.

However, the video and these pics seem to go together. Looks like the same clothes.
And you can see the same corner in both the video and all the pics posted below.
Just shot from a different angle (and perhaps with different light) each time :

portraits2.jpg

portraits4.jpg

portraits1.jpg

And the thing that also didn't seem to rhym between the clip and the Ann Xiao pics is that in the video Bono is standing in front of what looks like a blue screen and in the pics, there's green around him.

I thought Edge auctioned that guitar off for charity?

OH yeah I forgot about that post! I just remembered all the speculating and then thought the date was just posted somewhere as a probable time they were taken. Forgot we had the actual photgraphers note. :up:

So this has already been posted, correct? New video on Friday (I'm late to the party, and can't read thru all pages, my apologies) :hyper:

U2 France | Get On Your Boots: U2 video exclusive on Independent.ie

The first chance to see the video for U2’s new single "Get On Your Boots" will be on Independent.ie, the website of Ireland’s best-selling daily newspaper.

The video will go live on the site at 16:55 on FRIDAY 30 JANUARY.

This exclusive viewing is the first time the long-awaited video will be available to view online in Ireland.

It is due for broadcast on RTE’s Six One news on January 30th.

Get On Your Boots, the first single from U2’s new album No Line On The Horizon, will be released as a digital download and on physical format on 13th February 2009. The physical format’s price will equal that of the digital price point, a first for the band.

Let me see if I got this straight....some of you guys are complaining over a bunch of pictures, talking crap about U2 and how poorly they make videos, even though you dont even know if the pictures real.

Why don't you wait to see the actual video before you say its crap? If the pictures are real, why dont you wait to see how they look...you know...in motion? Or completed?

It's funny how you guys act like you could do better than U2. Maybe you should pick up a guitar and try, instead of typing away on your laptops, talking a big game. The last 2 albums sold over 20 million, won close to 10 grammys, and sold out 200 shows....yet you guys act like they are on the downslide....see if you could do better

:up:

Thank you.

Haha, anyone remember the Stuck 'football' video? Or the Elevation 'Tomb Raider' video? They are at least hooking up with artists again.

wow settle...i said the pictures looked sloppy....it might work with the video...I do have game mgmbaur...I edited many bits for the official first airing of all because of you video that aired on ESPN back in the day so I know what I am talking about ok? I edit for a living :applaud: i never said anything about the music, their children or the finished video..I repeat again...the chroma key looks sloppy and bad...and yes it might not be the video, and yes it could be the video..either way it is a bad key. :|

It looks pretty awesome actually, a great visual representation of the odd eclectic mix the song is, I wasn't sure what the video would look like, but seems Courtes and company nailed it. In today's music scene though videos mean even less than singles, people will see them on YouTube, but that's about it.

I think you are all missing the visual style.

I think Bono is meant to appear roughly "cut out" and put onto the background - as in a magazine collage.

I know what you're getting at, but thats not the "visual style" thats happening here. Its mostly likely just a bunch of stills that were cut and pasted for a story board that would allow the director of the video to explain the concept to the band.

MTV is generally shit, but one of the things that I miss from them (other than the actual videos they don't play anymore) are the "making of the videos". They would show the story boards and concepts that went into the making up the video. These photos look like they were taken from one of the first intial story board comps.

I did a number of these in a couple of my digital video editing classes in college. We always had to use some kind of sketched or cut and paste story board to explain our idea to the professor. Great class! I miss doing that stuff.

If they were going for that "cut out visual style" that you are talking about, which I'm familiar with and like, you wouldn't see it executed in that matter. It would be much more precisely cutout and the color balance between the cutout and the background would be much more precise.

That's what I think too. It's fine if its supposed to be a cut out, but its a bad looking cut out.. :shrug:

see my reponse above.

Me either...cake though...:drool:

Agreed :drool::drool::drool:

We need more songs about cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom