GOYB Video? (Pics? 01/27/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her links were probably getting all kinds of hits and she got nervous.

Bring on the video, cant wait to see it.

I don't understand why, despite chroma key evidentally and apparently being used, the editor has seemingly gone for a 'snip out and superimpose' technique, as we see in the photos?

and its a bad chroma key at that...you can see the green in his hair and it was lit very poorly.

just posted on atu2

NEW @U2 SEE THE 'BOOTS' VIDEO ONLINE FRIDAY
January 27, 2009
posted by: m2
This is unique: The music video for "Get On Your Boots" will be available online this Friday, not on MTV or VH1, but on a newspaper web site. Yep. The Irish Independent says they'll have the video starting at 4:55 pm Dublin-time this Friday. (If you need it, here's the current Dublin time.)

just posted on atu2

NEW @U2 SEE THE 'BOOTS' VIDEO ONLINE FRIDAY
January 27, 2009
posted by: m2
This is unique: The music video for "Get On Your Boots" will be available online this Friday, not on MTV or VH1, but on a newspaper web site. Yep. The Irish Independent says they'll have the video starting at 4:55 pm Dublin-time this Friday. (If you need it, here's the current Dublin time.)

:ohmy: :hyper:

I think you are all missing the visual style.

I think Bono is meant to appear roughly "cut out" and put onto the background - as in a magazine collage.

Oddly enough, it looks like Bono's in the same exact outfit as he's wearing in these pics from the old 'new video' thread. Notice also that he's holding a microphone. At the time of that thread, we dismissed those pics as coming from a November 2006 photo shoot in Australia, potentially for some Motorola project that was scrapped (See below). Either that 2006 date didn't really apply to those pics and they're from the new video, or the person who created these new images somehow got a hold of some other pictures from that photoshoot and decided to make these up.

When I first saw the pictures I posted last night, I thought Bono was wearing the same clothes as in this short video clip :

YouTube - U2's new video footage

But he's wearing a black jacket there and in the pics from last night, it appears to be a red leatherlike shirt.

However, the video and these pics seem to go together. Looks like the same clothes.
And you can see the same corner in both the video and all the pics posted below.
Just shot from a different angle (and perhaps with different light) each time :

portraits2.jpg

portraits4.jpg

portraits1.jpg

And the thing that also didn't seem to rhym between the clip and the Ann Xiao pics is that in the video Bono is standing in front of what looks like a blue screen and in the pics, there's green around him.

i understand it, its still a bad chroma key...he can still look like a cut out without the chroma key green around him

That's what I think too. It's fine if its supposed to be a cut out, but its a bad looking cut out.. :shrug:

I just keep wondering about this :

Ireland leads the way with new U2 album

Edge also waxed lyrical about the video for the single, made by French director Alex Courtes, who was also responsible for the video for 'City Of Blinding Lights'. "It's based around the idea that men have fucked things up so badly, politically, economically and socially that it's really time we handed things over to women. We had our doubts when we saw a rough cut – but the finished video is brilliant. He's really nailed it."

This doesn't add up together :

Alex Courtes video is finished - the Ann Xiao blog - January 19th

Plan has been selected for U2 Music the video!!

The London day has been selected!! U2 Music Video!!
Bono said personally likes my plan, the beautiful woman and the missile combination.
th1ng work room Martyn and I will direct U2 newest Music Video together the animation part, will have to complete unexpectedly in 10 days!
In scream!!

I just keep wondering about this :

Ireland leads the way with new U2 album

Edge also waxed lyrical about the video for the single, made by French director Alex Courtes, who was also responsible for the video for 'City Of Blinding Lights'. "It's based around the idea that men have fucked things up so badly, politically, economically and socially that it's really time we handed things over to women. We had our doubts when we saw a rough cut – but the finished video is brilliant. He's really nailed it."

This doesn't add up together :

Alex Courtes video is finished -

Two videos? It's happened before. WITS especially comes to mind with two completely different professionally made vids.

So has anyone figured out why the new video is getting a lame rollout on the Irish Independent site? What happened to using iTunes or YouTube?

Well if it is real, it's not our posters but U2 who should be embarrassed, for doing a video with graphics inferior to those our own interferencers can create with photoshop, and for repeating themselves- something they say they'd never do- with the kitchy art designs imitated from the 12 year old Pop album.

Sigh, I guess some people just don't get it.

Let them repeat black and white "band playing in a room" videos ad nauseum.

Well if it is real, it's not our posters but U2 who should be embarrassed, for doing a video with graphics inferior to those our own interferencers can create with photoshop, and for repeating themselves- something they say they'd never do- with the kitchy art designs imitated from the 12 year old Pop album.

oh you saw the video?

I prefer their repertoire of "we're walking around outside" videos myself.

Perhaps they can do both... it may lead to the ultimate vid- oh wait... they did that with Walk On... and Beautiful Day.. And Please..... and er oh. :wink:

A good/weird/controversial video could propel Boots forward and build up a head of steam for the album.

So has anyone figured out why the new video is getting a lame rollout on the Irish Independent site? What happened to using iTunes or YouTube?

Yeah, that really strikes me as odd. I can see them wanting to really show favor to a lot of Irish causes & their roots, especially after taking so much heat for moving all of their taxable income out of Ireland, as well as for the U2 towers. However, this weird debut of the video seems almost like an attempt at viral marketing without really understanding viral marketing. Perhaps, though, it'll be like the Fanning debut of the song itself----the paper will get to debut it, but it'll be on MTV & VH1 a few hours after.

Quote: GibsonExplorer

Originally Posted by Galeongirl

Originally Posted by GibsonExplorer
Every musician knows that if you don't succeed in America, you don't succeed.

I just noticed your sig, Galeongirl, and I'm very flattered that you appreciate the wisdom of my musings so much that you've dedicated a space in your sig just for me.

Not to get totaly sidetracked here, but what a load of complete and utter shit.

How many case studies would you like me to present before you eat spoonfulls of your own words?

Exhibit A: Oasis. Never 'made it' in America. Their most sucessfuls tint was supporting U2...

Exhibit B: The Living End. Never made it in the US or the UK, have now made 5 albums, are multi-millionaires.

Do you actually, truely believe that if you don't make it in America, you don't make it? Are you truely that egocentric and one-eyed? Do you have any concept of a global community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom