GOYB Video? (Pics? 01/27/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm leaning toward fake, too. Those pics really are pretty crappy----look at how jagged Bono's head is in a few of them, almost like a bad cut & paste job. And looking at the original pictures, there's no green or blue screen behind the band, just grey walls.

but wasn't the video shot in some warehouse in London? maybe they changed the concept for the video and there wasn't enough time for blue screen re-shots (would explain the microphone if it was a performance video oryginaly)

and he is not wearing his old clothes.

Yeah, on second look, he had a jacket & tshirt in the old pics, and he has an unbuttoned shirt and no jacket in these new ones. It was the striking color resemblance that got me.

Okay, I'm going to stop posting now. I've been up at work for 30 hours straight. Time to go to bed. :huh:

i work with video all the time...the chroma key is not that good but it could be real...maybe it is the real look...but a very sloppy look at best

Did anyone look at the guy's other stuff? It's all like animation, cartoon, artwork etc. It's probably just some guy that read this:

"It's based around the idea that men have fucked things up so badly, politically, economically and socially that it's really time we handed things over to women. We had our doubts when we saw a rough cut – but the finished video is brilliant. He's really nailed it."

and decided to have some creative fun. I've sent him message to ask about it. Anyway, this is just my opinion.. I'll be curious to see the video. Hopefully someone can get it up online because it doesn't seem like th U.S. is going to be seeing it anytime soon.

Did anyone look at the guy's other stuff? It's all like animation, cartoon, artwork etc. It's probably just some guy that read this:

"It's based around the idea that men have fucked things up so badly, politically, economically and socially that it's really time we handed things over to women. We had our doubts when we saw a rough cut – but the finished video is brilliant. He's really nailed it."

i think you are right

and decided to have some creative fun. I've sent him message to ask about it. Anyway, this is just my opinion.. I'll be curious to see the video. Hopefully someone can get it up online because it doesn't seem like th U.S. is going to be seeing it anytime soon.

It's not a guy - it's a girl. I think you just should take a look at the links posted before. Also the tranlation from her blog.

I got a response:

Hi Christine,
thanks for your message. Yes I'm an animation director for commercials, music videos and short films. we are making music video for U2 at the moment. You can probably be able to watch it on TV or youtube from this friday!
Hope you are having a good day there.

Ann

I just feel skeptical I guess. She says they are making a music video for U2 'at the moment' but we can see it this Friday? Wouldn't it already be finished if we are already going to see it in 3 days?

It's creative, and I'm not knocking her, I just don't think the work is good enough to be a U2 video. The green / yellow shadowing on Bono and the bad quality of the actual Bonos just seems like a poor chop job to me.

If I'm wrong I'll buy a round of drinks for everyone. :wink:

I got a response:

I just feel skeptical I guess. She says they are making a music video for U2 'at the moment' but we can see it this Friday? Wouldn't it already be finished if we are already going to see it in 3 days?

It's creative, and I'm not knocking her, I just don't think the work is good enough to be a U2 video. The green / yellow shadowing on Bono and the bad quality of the actual Bonos just seems like a poor chop job to me.

If I'm wrong I'll buy a round of drinks for everyone. :wink:

I think you have to buy drinks - that's her (link was posted from Miring... two pages ago - there is also a film of her work - "view reel"):

th1ng

I think you have to buy drinks - that's her (link was posted from Miring... two pages ago - there is also a film of her work - "view reel"):

th1ng

Cant seem to get this to play.

But I'm looking at her website ______ Ann Xiao | The Uncertain City ______ and the animations/videos she has there seem to be much better as far as quality, so if these are really images from the video, maybe they are 'rough drafts' or unfinished. Or concept images like Maassie said.

looks very cool. and yes, it does look like Franz Ferdinand. Not just Take Me Out, btw. I have read that the style of art FF used on their first two albums is called Russian avant-guard, and it tries to copy communist political posters from the '20s to the '50s.

Speaking as a feminist, the idea that women can do a better job than men is really patronizing, and no different from the idea that men can do a better job than women.

Right. But wasn't this established back in the 80s? in fact I was speaking to this other feminist the other day and she was telling me that tides were turning and apparently men are the ones in trouble now.

it's an universal/az message who say that the new clip will be available on 30 january at 18H (frensh hour) on this site ttp://www.alloclips.com/ with "exportable player". universal confirm also that the album will be available on 27 febrary in France

The pics were taken down from Flickr and the blog.

The message on her blog reads :

Work diary : deletion

In order to prudent, all first deleted with the U2 related chart.This weekend music the video issue again will later publish in here.
Regret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom