GOYB Video? (Pics? 01/27/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it was Nirvana that did that ;)

Oh that's what I've heard, but I don't believe it would have happened so quickly if hair metal had not become so lame and over the top. If hair metal was still as cool as it was in 1988, nobody would have accepted a grunting guy in ragged clothes with dirty hair over it. Hair metal imploded upon itself with its own excess, as things, fads and civilizations often do.

I'm getting very very excited about this video. Probably just 7 or 8 waking hours away...

A 'cartoon' version and a regular one? :hmm:

I know Sicy....I for one am getting really tired of the band putting out 2 videos it seems for almost every single they put out....do one video and be done with it...enough of the confusion..multiple versions of singles,albums,videos...it is getting really annoying:angry:

I know Sicy....I for one am getting really tired of the band putting out 2 videos it seems for almost every single they put out....do one video and be done with it...enough of the confusion..multiple versions of singles,albums,videos...it is getting really annoying:angry:

haven't they been doing this since "Pride" though?

haven't they been doing this since "Pride" though?

Good point,Mikal

Well the Pride "video" that was taken from the "making of "documentary...I don't really consider that a true video..you get what I mean.

The "One" videos I understood...there were legit reasons for the 3 versions

My point is take ATYCLB for example

They did a great video for "Stuck" and then for some reason had to do an American version...which in my opinion stunk..and I'm from the U.S.

They did a good video for "Walk On" in Brazil and then again did another version which....again to me sucked.

Why they have to have 2 versions of GOYB is beyond me...but maybe there will be some reason behind it.....I just don't see other bands having to make 2 videos for the same song,that's all

Good point,Mikal

Well the Pride "video" that was taken from the "making of "documentary...I don't really consider that a true video..you get what I mean.

The "One" videos I understood...there were legit reasons for the 3 versions

My point is take ATYCLB for example

They did a great video for "Stuck" and then for some reason had to do an American version...which in my opinion stunk..and I'm from the U.S.

They did a good video for "Walk On" in Brazil and then again did another version which....again to me sucked.

Why they have to have 2 versions of GOYB is beyond me...but maybe there will be some reason behind it.....I just don't see other bands having to make 2 videos for the same song,that's all

i agree that the American "Stuck" video was god awful. hopefully both versions of GOYB are good. then we can just look at it as a bonus prize. :)

Well, if 1700 is the hour, then it would be 9:00am PST. But if it only airs in Ireland... then Houston, we have a problem. Or some sort of delay before someone captures it & posts it.

I was right then! I said 8:55 because I heard the Ireland station will actually play it 5 minutes before the posted time.

OK, there's definitely something weird going on : first the pictures got removed from Flickr, then they were taken of the blog and now all the blogs that mentioned u2's GOYB video in them are gone from Ann Xiao's blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom