GOYB on Itunes Monday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once it airs on Monday morning, it will be one of the most illegally spread tracks of the year. So why not just release it on iTunes at the same time as I bet they'd get a huge amount of sales from it.

^ i agree too, but i just dont see it happening. Given that only yesterday U2.com stated that you wont be able to get it until feb 15, i dont see how we could think anything otherwise. If it happens, it will be a moment of sanity, but theres nothing to say that it will

I think it's a safe bet it'll be on iTunes on Monday. A whole lot of people will be trying to get a good rip and it's a no brainer to try and capitalize on it. There'll probably be an album preorder option as well.

definitely. i think it's pretty much confirmed.

Well, I hope itunes gets its act together and doesn't make you preorder the entire album just to get GOYB which is how it appears now.

Well, I hope itunes gets its act together and doesn't make you preorder the entire album just to get GOYB which is how it appears now.

Mmm, i was looking at it, and it looks to me like that's excactly what's going down. I think if we're gonna want boots legally on Monday morning, we'll have to cough up the 10 bucks on iTunes. THEN on Feb 16th, the release of the single track.

That's extorsion U2!!!!!!!!!!! Don't let that happen.

Mmm, i was looking at it, and it looks to me like that's excactly what's going down. I think if we're gonna want boots legally on Monday morning, we'll have to cough up the 10 bucks on iTunes. THEN on Feb 16th, the release of the single track.

That's extorsion U2!!!!!!!!!!! Don't let that happen.

don't worry, if you really want the song without preordering from Itunes, you're not going to have any problem come Monday. trust me.

^ i agree too, but i just dont see it happening. Given that only yesterday U2.com stated that you wont be able to get it until feb 15, i dont see how we could think anything otherwise. If it happens, it will be a moment of sanity, but theres nothing to say that it will

Well given that Universal the company who are releasing the single seem to think it's happening Monday, I think U2.com may not be the final authority on this

Seeing as that's only up on the American store

Maybe U2 are releasing it on itunes in the US and Canada on Monday and screwing over the rest of the world? The Killers did that

I tried to preorder just to see if it would start downloading GOYB right away. All I got was a message saying that the availability of the item had changed.

Looks like somebody jumped the gun.

Maybe it's not meant to be up until Monday, or it's just up but not available for ordering until then

I'm from Brazil and when I try to enter this link, a message appears saying that this is not available in the Brazilian store, only in the U.S. store. Interesting.

Hi:wave:

That's not a problem, you can register on any itunes store around the world, you only have to give them your personal details as you did when you registered in your local store. I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting this from the US store or if I should wait for the European pack, any idea?

^Hi Marien! :wave:

Oh, thanks! Haven't thought about that...:wink:

Yeah, it's because the WIRE thing, but I think the problem there is with the application being registered in the different countries.

I must leave now, I'm going out to dinner.

Bye... :wave:

Anyway, I still think that GOYB will be on iTunes on Monday, no matter what

It would be extremly stupid to NOT release the song on monday on iTunes. If it comes as late as February 15 everyone will have a cd rip or good radio copy so there will be no need to buy a digital copy.

On german iTunes the album ist not yet listed to preorder.

Yeah, it makes no sense to wait a month to release this on iTunes. Why do they want people to listen to the song with subpar audio for 4 weeks? And mid-Feb is so close to release (and especially if the Japanese version is released early or it leaks) that many people may not even bother buying it on iTunes after listening to a medium quality boot over and over for a month. There's a pretty decent chance the whole album could leak before the single is even legally released in decent quality.
:up:
Now, let's hope that iTunes is as smart as Bram. Guess we'll find out...:corn:

Seeing as that's only up on the American store

Maybe U2 are releasing it on itunes in the US and Canada on Monday and screwing over the rest of the world? The Killers did that
The only one they would screw over is themselfs then really. Because it's logical that the Itunes single will leak and people will download it anyway. If they release it everywhere they will make more money.

Sorry if this has been elsewhere posted but Spin roughed out a brief description of the tracklisting, cover art, etc... and included the following:

"Plus, fans won't have to wait much longer to snag their own glimpse of the Horizon: "Get On Your Boots," the set's first single, will arrive at retail this Monday, Jan. 19."

Conflicting messages abound, but I think there is a pretty good chance that we'll get a real version day after tomorrow. The day after that, someone better leak the f'in record. :angry:

Ok. I'm gonna take you up on that.

You can rest assured that you will have the song here within 45 minutes of the first couple radio plays. If it isn't released on iTunes, we'll all probably end up hunting down at least 7 versions trying to find the one with the best quality and least DJ talking.

So the single will go on sale on iTunes as soon as it gets its first radio play? All around the world? I hope it won't be just for the US iTunes.

Back
Top Bottom