GOYB Cover Art on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i mean is there better free publicity than U fucking 2 borrowing your images? They dont have shit to explain and those bands with the imilar covers dont have shit to complain about

You have got to be kiddin me!

So any big band can steal whatever they want whenever they want with the justification that it makes the smaller group look good or give them better publicity.

BS

:|

You know that everything in art has been here before, right?

It's not a rip-off. There are five people in the cover with the girls. To make it a rip-off, Paul Mc Guiness would have to take the position of girl no. 5. Just imagine him hanging on the chair behind Larry.

You know that everything in art has been here before, right?

It's not a rip-off. There are five people in the cover with the girls. To make it a rip-off, Paul Mc Guiness would have to take the position of girl no. 5. Just imagine him hanging on the chair behind Larry.

Some of you are losing it, I kid you not.

at least I do not have to count sheep tonight:up:

Looks like an intentional parody to me. :up:

Bingo! :up:

To say otherwise would be naive. Its way too intentional. I mean C'MON they got the exact same chairs too!!!!

Since when do you need permission for taking a picture of four guys in chairs? I guess there are a couple of million pictures of people sitting around in chairs, are they all rip-offs?

c'mon LU, you know better than that. Look closer at the photo...its obviously a parody. I understand what you're getting at, but it doesn't pertain to this photo.

its a nod to that cover obviously since the song is about handing things over to women and boots. calm down.

and i like how edge is cracking his knuckles as if its time to do work.

this.

Some of you are losing it, I kid you not.

at least I do not have to count sheep tonight:up:

ooooh...you went there.

You think they're doing a parody of something no one knows about? Seriously, this is the first time I've seen that picture, I have no idea who those ladies are.

So any big band can steal whatever they want whenever they want with the justification that it makes the smaller group look good or give them better publicity.

BS

:huh: its not like they ripped off their music. its just a cover, guy. its gonna be alright

Bingo! :up:

To say otherwise would be naive. Its way too intentional. I mean C'MON they got the exact same chairs too!!!!

c'mon LU, you know better than that. Look closer at the photo...its obviously a parody. I understand what you're getting at, but it doesn't pertain to this photo.

this.

ooooh...you went there.

first time, last time and that is a promise but some BS here makes me :huh:

i mean is there better free publicity than U fucking 2 borrowing your images? They dont have shit to explain and those bands with the imilar covers dont have shit to complain about

Wtf? That sounds like corruption to me.
They have as much as anyone else to explain their 'shit' to people. Because copyright is copyright.

U2 aren't gods.

Stop seeing them as such.

Being famous does not mean you can do anything you like. Having money doesn't mean that either.

You think they're doing a parody of something no one knows about? Seriously, this is the first time I've seen that picture, I have no idea who those ladies are.
now you do, all the better for that band too. i dont get the hostility and ruffled feathers over this, seriously. Its a parody plain and simple.

first time, last time and that is a promise but some BS here makes me :huh:

I don't see why so many people feel the need to protect the U2 gods so badly. I mean, Sure they'll admit they're not gods, but still they treat them as such.

Even at perfectly innocent comments you get a snarky reply because you accidentally said something that could be misinterpreted as something that might hurt U2's reputation or something. Like, wtf?

:huh: its not like they ripped off their music. its just a cover, guy. its gonna be alright

you are right Tripoli but that is not the point. the point you made about how these groups should shut up and be happy just ticked me off for some reason. U2 is not sacred and I know for a fact that if some group would do this to U2 lots of you would go mental.

Just look at the reactions to Chris Martin his stage "antics" for god's sake. "he clearly imitates bono, he wants to look and act like him and OMG he is stealing :blahblah:

Image copyright also exists.

While I'm not saying OMFG U2 STOLE A COVER, I do see the similarities.

Never heard of that band, nor seen the cover. I just admit I see the similarities.

And I'll move on with my life.

Wtf? That sounds like corruption to me.
They have as much as anyone else to explain their 'shit' to people. Because copyright is copyright.

U2 aren't gods.

Stop seeing them as such.

Being famous does not mean you can do anything you like. Having money doesn't mean that either.
oh put your gavel down, do you realize how many people are going to see their cover now and then give their music a spin to see wht its about? its not about U2 being gods its about popularity. and what makes you so sure they didnt have that band's permission?

oh put your gavel down, do you realize how many people are going to see their cover now and then give their music a spin to see wht its about? its not about U2 being gods its about popularity. and what makes you so sure they didnt have that band's permission?

.. Why on earth would I give someone's music a spin because the cover is similar to U2's??? I don't see why someone would ever do that.

And I'm not sure they don't have the bands permission. I'm only stating that they would need permission if they indeed copied the cover. Again, which I'm not stating they did.

BS

Agree. I think the artists probably wanted publicity based on the merit of their own material, not because a bigger, more successful band took your cover idea.

Anyways, I feel like saying that makes me sound mad at U2, which I'm not. I like both the album cover and this one, I'm just saying I understand why the other groups could get upset about it.

I don't see why so many people feel the need to protect the U2 gods so badly. I mean, Sure they'll admit they're not gods, but still they treat them as such.

I learn new stuff on this board every day.

1. We are sheep
2. U2 are Gods

Wow.

They should have stuck to the black promotion cover. At least until someone realised that black covers had been used before and U2 ripped that off.

Isn't it great to have one?! :up:

That is not to say that some of you have no life whatsoever off course, just to make this perfectly clear

:hmm:

Certainly, and our weather is nice today too! A bit cold, but clear! :up: You goin' ice skating this weekend?

Meh, I'll be off getting some lunch.

You really think that someone will play these girls music now because of this picture. Let me put it this way: if someone listens to these girls music because Bono and co have "borrowed" the cover he or she has officialy NO life.

you are right Tripoli but that is not the point. the point you made about how these groups should shut up and be happy just ticked me off for some reason. U2 is not sacred and I know for a fact that if some group would do this to U2 lots of you would go mental.

Just look at the reactions to Chris Martin his stage "antics" for god's sake. "he clearly imitates bono, he wants to look and act like him and OMG he is stealing :blahblah:
I knew this is where we were headed and theres a difference between this parody and chris martin acting like a tool.

Coldplay ripped off the enjoy the silence video yet nothing happened aside from Gahan saying 'we dont speak of them' in a half hearted reply to a question about it. AND THAT WAS AN ENTIRE VIDEO.

.. Why on earth would I give someone's music a spin because the cover is similar to U2's??? I don't see why someone would ever do that.

And I'm not sure they don't have the bands permission. I'm only stating that they would need permission if they indeed copied the cover. Again, which I'm not stating they did.
Curiosity. I didnt say you would but I guarantee you more people will now than if they had not done this cover. Im in advertising, I know how publicity works.

Well, IF it is a parody and if they wanted to make a point of women taking over, one would expect a more ingenious way of expressing it.

This will only get them more bad press about rip-offs. Deservedly so.

I learn new stuff on this board every day.

1. We are sheep
2. U2 are Gods

Wow.

They should have stuck to the black promotion cover. At least until someone realised that black covers had been used before and U2 ripped that off.

don't tell me you didn't know about number one. :wave:

Image copyright also exists.

While I'm not saying OMFG U2 STOLE A COVER, I do see the similarities.

Never heard of that band, nor seen the cover. I just admit I see the similarities.

And I'll move on with my life.

BTW, when RHCP and U2 with Green Day (to name a few) made the picture just like the Beatles' from Abbey Road... is this a "rip-off", a tribute, a parody? :hmm:

Im not saying Im in favor of this direction they chose but Im not going to sit here and act like the sky is falling. I seriously dont see the harm but I do see the clear benefit.

I knew this is where we were headed and theres a difference between this parody and chris martin acting like a tool.

Coldplay ripped off the enjoy the silence video yet nothing happened aside from Gahan saying 'we dont speak of them' in a half hearted reply to a question about it. AND THAT WAS AN ENTIRE VIDEO.

again, sorry, BS.

Depeche Mode posted the video on their site for God sakes.
Anton Corbijn wanted to make a video with coldplay in it to honour what he still feels is one his best works today and shoot it in his homecountry.

put the artist who made it was the same guy - our all lovin Coribjn. He did his own Cover.

BTW, when RHCP and U2 with Green Day (to name a few) made the picture just like the Beatles' from Abbey Road... is this a "rip-off", a tribute, a parody? :hmm:

If it is a big band than it is a tribute
If it is a small band it is a parody or ripp off

This goes both ways actually

Back
Top Bottom