GOYB Cover Art on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was a good one precisely because of that. A sickly sweet pop tune, titled ‘the Sweetest Thing’, has the (slightly) jarring image of a kid in a gas mask on the cover. It’s not genius or high art, and not original given it’s Best of/Boy/War context, but it’s still striking. Definitely so to someone flicking the CD rack, unaware at the time of the song or the image history. Beats Bono in the back of a carriage handing over a bouquet of flowers whilst surrounded by semi-naked fire fighters, no?

I agree with that...

I thought it was a good one precisely because of that. A sickly sweet pop tune, titled ‘the Sweetest Thing’, has the (slightly) jarring image of a kid in a gas mask on the cover. It’s not genius or high art, and not original given it’s Best of/Boy/War context, but it’s still striking. Definitely so to someone flicking the CD rack, unaware at the time of the song or the image history. Beats Bono in the back of a carriage handing over a bouquet of flowers whilst surrounded by semi-naked fire fighters, no?

microsoft_werd.jpg

Zooropa Man did you also try just clicking the thumbnail, it should open the huge hi res file and then right click and save.

No, not working... I get a 400x349 pixel resolution. I think you tried sending me something via the message board? but I wasn't able to open it... pop up blockers... :reject:

No, not working... I get a 400x349 pixel resolution. I think you tried sending me something via the message board? but I wasn't able to open it... pop up blockers... :reject:

The pop up just lets you know you have a PM. Go to your User CP and check your PMs. Anyways I was just telling you I can't find your email right now, so I need it again.

Is is a sign of their old age that U2 is sitting down on their single cover for GOYB and the album cover for HTDAAB?

Funny ... I know they photoshop out the wrinkles, but Edge looks 25-30 years old. Amazing. Hope I look that good around 50.

I like this cover, the 'boys' all look great ! :heart: I was just wondering the reason they're sitting down could be they're like watching a movie or something, and may actually have something with the new video? It will probably make more sense once we see the actual video, or maybe not at all! :hmm: Either way, I like it! :sexywink:

and since when is 40 something considered OLD AGE ? 40 SOMETHING, is the NEW 30 SOMETHING, no? :wink::D

u2goybcoversicy.jpg

I quite like it and I have to say Bono looks unusually stylish. No garish stuff. I like the red chairs, too, and they don't look super serious and super-hero like (though it was great on The Joshua Tree) or lazy (as on HTDAAB)

Hopefully a return to form. :wink:

Honestly, I thought Edge was the best thing about ATYCLB. His guitar work was nothing groundbreaking, but always extremely tasteful. When I Look At The World is the most obvious example, but Kite had great potential that was fulfilled on the 5th leg of the Vertigo tour, and other tracks benefit greatly from his presence in more subtle ways. Listen carefully to Peace On Earth and especially New York. He's about the only interesting thing going on throughout that record.

I personally feel that HTDAAB is far superior song-for-song, but his work on that album is well below what he accomplished on ATYCLB, which I feel is very underrated.

looks like HTDAAB on happy pills!

and on the big version you can really see how heavily made up and/or airbrushed they are! nice lipstick

but it's a cool picture - makes me smile. Not ground-breaking or likely to win awards, but fun and enjoyable (a bit like the single itself!)

Back
Top Bottom