GOYB Cover Art on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
could the equals sign on the album just be a sticker on the cover? that interview at U2.com did say it was on a "different plane"...

I think the removal of bars on some and the remainder of bars on the other goes along with my original theory that it's some kind of hologram or one of those textured pictures that changes when moved(totally went blank on what they are called)...

I don't know how these textured pictures are called either, but I have had that thought as well about the 2 grey bars. That the letters u2 pop up when you move the album.

Then this crazy idea came in my head about the whole cover being such a textured picture, with the 2 bars gliding along the horizon, when you move it.
With perhaps the waves crashing as well.

Or the whole cover as a textured picture, with a very colorful picture of the band popping up, when you move it.

Yeah, I know I went a bit overboard.

:coocoo: :reject:

^ Yes, they said the = signs wouldn't be embedded in the cover art, so I guess it will be on a separate layer or something. I don't think they got rid of them. There's a reason for the = signs to be on the cover.

Personally, I like it!

Simple and with a very clean + modern feel to it.

And all about lines!!! (Just like the album cover).

Interesting, because wasn't there this article around this time last year where Bono and the Edge took this journalist/reporter on a ride (during or at the Sundance film festival), where one of them said : it was all about numbers (and deeper meaning behind them).

Guess they switched from numbers to lines.

You can see all No Line promo press pics here in high resolution :

U2.com | Press

It makes a very nice desktop background :)

Picture is cool and far better than the HTDDAB cover. (Bad cover. If that cover were a small child, you'd give it a time out!)

The HTDAAB cover was in the same style as, but worse than, a lot of the “Totally 100% U2 Greatest # 1 Hits Forever” compilation albums you get in markets all across South East Asia.

I don't know how these textured pictures are called either, but I have had that thought as well about the 2 grey bars. That the letters u2 pop up when you move the album.

Then this crazy idea came in my head about the whole cover being such a textured picture, with the 2 bars gliding along the horizon, when you move it.
With perhaps the waves crashing as well.

Or the whole cover as a textured picture, with a very colorful picture of the band popping up, when you move it.

Yeah, I know I went a bit overboard.

:coocoo: :reject:

I'm glad someone knew what I'm talking about, I'm trying to look up the name but no luck yet...

No I'm not...this is really quite boring...

You do realize this is the cover for a CD single, something the people in the U.S. won't see, right? And if you compare this to past CD single or 45 rpm single covers, it's actually a bit fun.

Need I remind people of:

sing022-01.jpg

Great picture of Bono, but uh... is this really exciting?

Bono is wearing boots.

But the cover doesn't have to be about boots, the song isn't really about boots either.

I like the concept of the four guys on the cover and how they included the U2sign. This is so much better than the bomb cover, very stylish, light-hearted, great mood!

I like it. Being this only a single I guess this is only a hint of what's to come. I'm not sure I like the font they chose this time around, which will probably be the font they will be using on the other stuff as well but I can live with it. And it's good to see some Bono-Adam interaction on pictures for once.

Is is a sign of their old age that U2 is sitting down on their single cover for GOYB and the album cover for HTDAAB?

Funny ... I know they photoshop out the wrinkles, but Edge looks 25-30 years old. Amazing. Hope I look that good around 50.

You guys analyzing such an ordinary single cover like this...it sounds like a bad trip :hyper::wink:

not too much of this is analysis, just opinions. And in the end, its justa single cover. Im glad they actually made one, rather then the itunes one we saw before. Noone cares about single covers these days, but they at elast had a go :up:

not too much of this is analysis, just opinions. And in the end, its justa single cover. Im glad they actually made one, rather then the itunes one we saw before. Noone cares about single covers these days, but they at elast had a go :up:

I know, I know, just a joke...anyway, the cover looks simple but I love to see the short-haired Bono on an official cover for the first time (of course, since the POP era).

You dont mean a hologram do you?

No, holograms were silvery 3d images, these were mostly on childrens toys, for example one angle the eye would be open, then slightly tilted it would be half closed, then tilted again it would be closed... so when you move it fast it looks like the eye is winking.

If you felt the surface you could feel the ridges...

They were on toy rings a lot.

I think Tool used one that showed California falling off the continent...

you think they're poking fun at themselves for chosing a cover that's already been used by more or less remaking the how to dismantle an atomic bomb cover for the first single?

I thought the very same thing, maybe they are really going to "Dismantle the Bomb"

Joking aside I like it :up:

Back
Top Bottom