GOYB Cover Art on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously, it sure beats this:

U2-Vertigo-306196.jpg

I think that's a great singles cover, FWIW. I prefer it to the GOYB one.
But as someone stated before, U2's single covers usually aren't very memorable. The Joshua Tree, Rattle And Hum and Achtung Baby ones were, but that's about it. I think the Beautiful Day one is ugly. Elevation is again OK. IGWSHA was also pretty neat, but not the others from Pop, etc.

It's a single cover. It features the name of the band and the title of the song. There are many worse single covers out there and many better ones. No big deal.

I don't mind it, I never really buy singles anyway. I still think the new font is pretty interesting. It works with the whole = sign theme. Why does Edge look like he just made James Bond fall into his clever trap though?

The sense of fun (at least on the left side) strikes me as a bit Beatles-ish. I like it.

I think the more interesting issue here is the removal of the grey bars from the cover of NLOTH. The "bar-less" version now appears on all versions of the album on amazon.com and amazon.co.uk as well. Is it possible they are really going to remove them this late in the game, and if so, why?

My guess is that they are too similar not to the specification.fifteen album but to this one:
Images for Brothomstates - Claro

Can someone post a link to where the bars are removed? I looked on U2.com but they're still there for me? I really dont want to have to redo my signature. My cat is pretty comfortable up there.

Can someone post a link to where the bars are removed? I looked on U2.com but they're still there for me? I really dont want to have to redo my signature. My cat is pretty comfortable up there.

lol, I hope you dont either Sicy!

i just kept reloading the landing page until it came up

I think the more interesting issue here is the removal of the grey bars from the cover of NLOTH. The "bar-less" version now appears on all versions of the album on amazon.com and amazon.co.uk as well. Is it possible they are really going to remove them this late in the game, and if so, why?

My guess is that they are too similar not to the specification.fifteen album but to this one:
Images for Brothomstates - Claro

yeah. it's never too late in the game until the album gets shipped out.

i remember when they changed the ATYCLB tracklist weeks before the release. it was originally listed as:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Elevation
3. Walk On
4. Stuck In A Moment
5. Peace On Earth
6. Kite
7. New York
8. In A Little While
9. Wild Honey
10. When I Look At The World
11. Grace

i actually prefer this tracklist. i think the album flows better.

I think the bars won't be printed on the actual booklet, but you'll be able to see them somehow. :huh:

I like the GOYB cover, it seems like a spontaneous moment (basically Bono making an aside comment to Adam during the photo shoot) and captures a bit the lightness of the song.

It seems different than the esthetics of the album, though

Nice cover, they are continuing with the clean straight line modern architechture feel, but Bono's smirk gives us the fun aspect of this single...

I think the removal of bars on some and the remainder of bars on the other goes along with my original theory that it's some kind of hologram or one of those textured pictures that changes when moved(totally went blank on what they are called)...

yeah. it's never too late in the game until the album gets shipped out.

i remember when they changed the ATYCLB tracklist weeks before the release. it was originally listed as:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Elevation
3. Walk On
4. Stuck In A Moment
5. Peace On Earth
6. Kite
7. New York
8. In A Little While
9. Wild Honey
10. When I Look At The World
11. Grace

i actually prefer this tracklist. i think the album flows better.

Same here. What a shame. Oh well, it's not like we can't resequence it ourselves.

It’s ok. Not great, but for what it is (“Here’s an idea, let’s just stick the band on the cover and then just put the logo and single name on it?”) it’s pretty good. I don’t think much effort would be put into single covers in 2009. It’s kinda pointless. It is very poppy.

I think the album designs, the Corbijn film etc show that U2, after 10 years, are colliding art with their music once again. I’ll let the single cover pass for now as I do think it doesn’t matter when only the most hardcore of the hardcore U2 fan will ever even consider buying it (I don’t think I’ve bought a physical CD single – by anyone – this decade), and pray that this time around some thought is put into videos, the tour etc. I think those few shots from the GOYB video look positive. Perhaps not that original, but again another small step back in the right direction.

I thought the GOYB single already had a cover, I didn't expect this. :ohmy:

But I like it :up: It has a lighthearted, ironic feeling about it, not the band taking themselves seriously. Nice cover.

Back
Top Bottom