Got my email for my free SoE CD - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2017, 10:20 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 10:41 AM
Got my email for my free SoE CD

"SUCCESS

Thank you! We will send your CD(s) to the address you have supplied at no additional cost."

It even allowed me to order 2 CDs (I assume this was because I bought 2 tickets)

Did not see an option for a digital version.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:34 PM   #2
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bort269 View Post
"SUCCESS

Thank you! We will send your CD(s) to the address you have supplied at no additional cost."

It even allowed me to order 2 CDs (I assume this was because I bought 2 tickets)

Did not see an option for a digital version.

i got my email at 9:10p ET and i too am getting two CDs because well....why not!

Old 11-16-2017, 11:07 PM   #3
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoKramer View Post
i got my email at 9:10p ET and i too am getting two CDs because well....why not!

We can help SOE to reach number one, that’s a good reason!
Old 11-17-2017, 09:05 AM   #4
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:41 PM
Did you have the option to get the Deluxe CD version for free or at a discount because of purchasing tickets or can you only get standard?

I've been holding off pre-ordering the deluxe, just in case I can get it with the purchase of my tickets on Monday.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:22 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich79 View Post
Did you have the option to get the Deluxe CD version for free or at a discount because of purchasing tickets or can you only get standard?

I've been holding off pre-ordering the deluxe, just in case I can get it with the purchase of my tickets on Monday.
I was wondering the same. I don't think it clarified anything beyond just getting the album itself, so my working assumption is that it's the 'standard' version. I think that's usually what my prior CD redemptions have worked out to as well.

If that's the case, I'll probably just get the deluxe version on my own anyway at some point for the extra songs.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #6
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post

If that's the case, I'll probably just get the deluxe version on my own anyway at some point for the extra songs.
Same. My dad likes U2, but he's not a die-hard. So, if it's just standard, that's where one copy will go.

For me, it's deluxe or bust
Old 11-17-2017, 09:58 AM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

They're like AOL.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:05 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Rec'd the email for 2 copies also, wonder when they will arrive, maybe before 1 December?
Old 11-17-2017, 12:06 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Rec'd the email for 2 copies also, wonder when they will arrive, maybe before 1 December?
Sometimes I've gotten them the day before, the day of or 2-5 days afterward. There's no guarantee it'll be there at a certain time, I would guess.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
Sometimes I've gotten them the day before, the day of or 2-5 days afterward. There's no guarantee it'll be there at a certain time, I would guess.
Good to know, thanks.

As I think about it, I may have pre-ordered the deluxe version through u2.com when I upgraded my account a couple of weeks ago....but I honestly don't even remember? I may have several copies of this SOE when all is said and done.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #11
Babyface

Local Time: 03:11 PM
Did anyone who purchased ticket for Montreal get the email yet to redeem their CD?
Old 11-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #12
The Fly

Local Time: 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom boom View Post
Did anyone who purchased ticket for Montreal get the email yet to redeem their CD?
I bought tickets on Wednesday and I haven't received an email yet. I wonder if partner sites (Evenko/AXS) are going to be delayed in sending this information out compared to those that bought through Ticketmaster.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:48 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I don't think I'm actually going to be able to listen to the album on December 1, since the Deluxe is coming from Amazon and another copy is coming from Ticketmaster. I'm guessing they'll ship them on release day and I'll have to wait until about Tuesday for them to actually get here?

I just looked at Amazon and the price of the Deluxe has gone down. It was about $18 and now it's $14.88. That's a good deal. My usual new U2 album "tradition" is to go to Target and buy it on release day, but I don't know if my Target will have the deluxe version. If I knew they would have it for sure, I'd cancel Amazon and just go get it the day of. Maybe I will call them. Target and Wal-Mart are the only two stores left in town that sell CDs, and I really doubt Wal-Mart will have it.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:59 PM   #14
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel D. View Post
I don't think I'm actually going to be able to listen to the album on December 1, since the Deluxe is coming from Amazon and another copy is coming from Ticketmaster. I'm guessing they'll ship them on release day and I'll have to wait until about Tuesday for them to actually get here?

I just looked at Amazon and the price of the Deluxe has gone down. It was about $18 and now it's $14.88. That's a good deal. My usual new U2 album "tradition" is to go to Target and buy it on release day, but I don't know if my Target will have the deluxe version. If I knew they would have it for sure, I'd cancel Amazon and just go get it the day of. Maybe I will call them. Target and Wal-Mart are the only two stores left in town that sell CDs, and I really doubt Wal-Mart will have it.

I want to say that with regard to pre ordered albums, Amazon will have them to you ON the release day. You may get it at 6p but you should get it.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:42 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel D. View Post

Rachel D, Do you not get a digital copy when you order the physical disc on Amazon? I sorta thought that’s how it worked. But if not, I would think Target would have it.