Got a reply from Dave Fanning today / Chris Moyles on BBC Radio 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are the chances it'll leak over the weekend? how are these things handled? I'm guessing it'll be distributed digitally on monday. Over torrent maybe? Or will radiostations get a cd promo?

good question.

we know that they already have the boxset designed as well as the CD, so its not too far fetched to believe that they could have already printed some final copies of the album.

we could be close to a leak.

What are the chances it'll leak over the weekend? how are these things handled? I'm guessing it'll be distributed digitally on monday. Over torrent maybe? Or will radiostations get a cd promo?

Looks like a download that will become available around the time Fanning plays it so most likely no leak

good question.

we know that they already have the boxset designed as well as the CD, so its not too far fetched to believe that they could have already printed some final copies of the album.

we could be close to a leak.

The cd could be blank though and just made for that picture

Let's pick one and havea listening party! :hyper::drool::rockon:

BBC Radio 1 it is then :up:

I saw somewhere that it is coming on before 8 and after 8, so I will put it on at 7.30am when I get up for work. God knows HOW I will get ready for work as I won't move from the stereo :lol:

BBC Radio 1 it is then :up:

I saw somewhere that it is coming on before 8 and after 8, so I will put it on at 7.30am when I get up for work. God knows HOW I will get ready for work as I won't move from the stereo :lol:

I still think Fanning's meant to get the official first play so I doubt any radio station will risk the law suit they'll get if they play it first...

Oh I'm sure it is. The design company probably printed it.

my fault for not elaborating. What I meant to say is that they might ALSO have printed a few real CD's to give out to big wigs or Universal reps for private listens and stuff.

Oh you're right, but I wonder who'll be willing to risk there jobs to get us the music :hmm:

Since the topic is radio stations' first plays of Get On Your Boots...

(Apologies if this is elsewhere)

K-Rock in New York City (92.3 FM) will be debuting it just after 10 a.m. Monday, EST. They've got a new page up devoted to the single:

K-Rock - U2 To Preview New Single

(The song will be played after Opie & Anthony, and their show runs from 5 - 10 a.m.)

In the other thread I started (GOYB on Itunes Monday?), I got a communique sent by Universal saying the single will be available Monday on Itunes...likely after it's been played on the air for the first time.

k I'm so fucking confused....I'll just chill on interference as usual and hopefully be lead in the right direction right before the single comes on...or something, I have no idea anymore :confused:

For some reason I thought that I'd be able to tune in to Dave Fanning's show even though I'm in Los Angeles...like on the internet....no?

:lol:

:sigh: I'm officially clueless now.

k I'm so fucking confused....I'll just chill on interference as usual and hopefully be lead in the right direction right before the single comes on...or something, I have no idea anymore :confused:

For some reason I thought that I'd be able to tune in to Dave Fanning's show even though I'm in Los Angeles...like on the internet....no?

:lol:

:sigh: I'm officially clueless now.

well...if you want a 30 second snippet of the song then you are defintely in the wrong thread...go check the other one.

but don't worry I'm sure someone will record the full version the second it hits the airwaves and share it with the world on Monday

Monday morning is gonna be so fucking great. Im gonna be up at 6am UK time so i dont miss it :hyper:

K-Rock in New York City (92.3 FM) will be debuting it just after 10 a.m. Monday, EST. They've got a new page up devoted to the single:

(The song will be played after Opie & Anthony, and their show runs from 5 - 10 a.m.)

Excellent, I'll be listening here. (unless I hear of one in the central time zone) K-Rock is only an hour ahead so I don't have to get up so early. :hyper::hyper:

gonna be available on itunes anyway folks.

maybe, then again maybe not _ despite what supposed emails from Apple state The official comms state e-version available 15th feb so not convinced it will be availoable earlier on I-Tunes Mike

Ahhh...thanks for that! I haven't listened to the radio at home for so long, that I had no idea what's still around and what their formats are. Although I reckon I'll have listened on a stream and/or have the file already by then. :hyper:

If Fanning is playing it at 8AM Monday morning, that's 3AM late Sunday night early Monday morning on the US East Coast, just midnight on the US West Coast. Late Sunday night seems to be what we're looking at in the US.

I'm so confused ... is the earliest official radio release Dave Fanning at 8AM monday morning Irish time?

So thats 7:30pm -ish Monday evening Aus time ... :huh:

Guess it doesn't matter if it leaks, but I'm beginning to feel like we're not going to hear it until Universal wants us to.

If Fanning is playing it at 8AM Monday morning, that's 3AM late Sunday night early Monday morning on the US East Coast, just midnight on the US West Coast. Late Sunday night seems to be what we're looking at in the US.

Ok, well if that's the case, can we tune into fanning's show online somehow and hear it at the same time as someone in Ireland?

Guess I'm gunna have to wake up at 3 A.M, N.Y time...

It'll be worth it though :)

RTE does have a webstream, but there was a story in the Irish press suggesting they would shut down the stream during the premiere.

Doesn't really matter because radio stations all over the world will be playing it within half an hour. I'm not going to bed Sunday night until I've heard this song.

I'm so confused ... is the earliest official radio release Dave Fanning at 8AM monday morning Irish time?

So thats 7:30pm -ish Monday evening Aus time ... :huh:

Guess it doesn't matter if it leaks, but I'm beginning to feel like we're not going to hear it until Universal wants us to.

We'll hear it about 7:00-7:30 pm,between then.

I'm probably going to do this anyway. I'm not going to be able to sleep anyway.:hyper:

Guess I'm gunna have to wake up at 3 A.M, N.Y time...

It'll be worth it though :)

2am central for me. But I can do that. :up:

RTE does have a webstream, but there was a story in the Irish press suggesting they would shut down the stream during the premiere.

Doesn't really matter because radio stations all over the world will be playing it within half an hour. I'm not going to bed Sunday night until I've heard this song.

:hi5:

So if it's 3:00 A.M. Eastern, then it's 2:00 A.M. Central. There's no school on Monday, so I can just stay up! :hyper:

I took a vacation day. :wink: I'm wondering if a video might pop up on VH1? Since this is the only time they play videos is 2 or 3 in the morning.
:hyper::hyper:

Back
Top Bottom