Got a reply from Dave Fanning today / Chris Moyles on BBC Radio 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
000198eb0c8r.jpg

Show off! :wink:

From an Irish paper

"U2 chiefs are keen to avoid world-wide bootlegging of the brand-new track. They will likely order 2FM bosses to cut off their live internet streams for the airing. After Fanning plays the single, it will be whisked out of the studio. An insider revealed "U2 are very security-conscious because the single could be sent globally in seconds with mp3 and email

...However IRish fans won't have to wait too long to see the rockers live on stage, as the band are expected to announce a summer tour date at Croke Park. The venue has listed an unnamed "proposed concert" for July 19."

From an Irish paper

"U2 chiefs are keen to avoid world-wide bootlegging of the brand-new track. They will likely order 2FM bosses to cut off their live internet streams for the airing. After Fanning plays the single, it will be whisked out of the studio. An insider revealed "U2 are very security-conscious because the single could be sent globally in seconds with mp3 and email

...However IRish fans won't have to wait too long to see the rockers live on stage, as the band are expected to announce a summer tour date at Croke Park. The venue has listed an unnamed "proposed concert" for July 19."

Bastards!

Oh well, it'll be available on iTunes that very same day. Then we can share it to our heart's content. :love:

they are getting out of control with this security crap...I assume almost everyone here is going to buy the album anyway...so the single gets recorded and spreads..big deal

From an Irish paper

Oh gimme a break - that would just be posturing, once it hits any radio it's gonna get out in minutes. :madspit:

From an Irish paper

Wow. They are determined as hell this time around arent they.

"They will likely order 2FM bosses to cut off their live internet streams for the airing. "

damn :angry:

"After Fanning plays the single, it will be whisked out of the studio. "

Huh? It's already been widely reported that radio stations will get the track via a download. How do you "whisk" a download out of the studio?

And where do these "U2 chiefs" whisk it to after he's played it? Does that mean 2FM only gets to play the song ONCE because U2 chiefs take it back?

This makes no sense to me.

damn :angry:

Huh? It's already been widely reported that radio stations will get the track via a download. How do you "whisk" a download out of the studio?

And where do these "U2 chiefs" whisk it to after he's played it? Does that mean 2FM only gets to play the song ONCE because U2 chiefs take it back?

This makes no sense to me.

I was wondering this as well...it's a premiere not a unique play...is there going to be another date set for the second play? That makes no sense, once a song is played on the radio, it should be played as much as they want....unless it's a "before the official date" kind of exclusive thing ....so could that mean the radio will play it once before Jan 19th?

This is exactly what I was afraid of.

Nothing new though, this is exactly what happened with Vertigo (even though it had already leaked days before), not sure why everyone is so surprised if they do block the internet feed.

This is exactly what I was afraid of.

Nothing new though, this is exactly what happened with Vertigo (even though it had already leaked days before), not sure why everyone is so surprised if they do block the internet feed.

Not so surprised about the actual act so much...surprised that by this point the PTB still have their heads up their arses re: this.

they are getting out of control with this security crap...I assume almost everyone here is going to buy the album anyway...so the single gets recorded and spreads..big deal

Are you serious????How many people are in this group? 1,00? 10,000? How many people are not on this group and plan on dowloading for free????

Seems silly to think that no one will buy the single because they have a recording of a 32 kbps webstream. As already noted, someone in Dublin is sure to record it off the radio and share it on the interwebz. Besides, every radio station in the world is going to be playing it later the same day. Are they all going to have to block their streams every time they play GOYB?

I'm sure they're going to talk over the song anyway so that it's not a clean play.

I won't listen to a live stream anyway because I don't know how to record it. I will listen to the song when it is premiered on our radio. After that, the song will be all over the internet. I think the article is crap, there is no way they can prevent the single from spreading on the web after it was played on radio.

Everyone still thinks this is coming out Monday despite the physical release being confirmed as Feb 15?? I would think so, but what does everyone else think?

I can't believe they would wait until Feb. 15th to release it digitally, after it's been on the radio for 2 weeks. Would it actually be possible that no one manages to record it from the internet and send it around in seconds? That would be terrible... I never listen to the radio! I need an mp3, and if they release it right away I'll gladly pay for it, but not if I have to wait 2 weeks... This makes no sense.

You guys all need to chillax! it WILL be out on or before monday regardless if they block the live feeds! Infact it will probably be out within minutes of the first airing. And yes it will be out on monday it has been confirmed all over the place.

You guys all need to chillax! it WILL be out on or before monday regardless if they block the live feeds! Infact it will probably be out within minutes of the first airing. And yes it will be out on monday it has been confirmed all over the place.

Agreed.

I'm bummed that they're blocking it, but there's no way that our Irish brothas won't record it for us. Plus, I think there are several other stations around the world that have said they're plaing as little as 10 minutes after DF.

Back
Top Bottom