Go to Amazon and Order Your Copy today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It won't sell out. Best Buy will have tons.

And this sale price won't be just with the pre-order - it will be the sale price the first week it is out (or in this case, the first couple of days, since Thanksgiving changes things).

I mentioned in another thread that on Black Friday, Circuit City will be selling the standard version for $6.99.

Am I missing something? The DVD/CD combo at Amazon is $13.99 and the price at Best Buy is also $13.99, plus Amazon has free shipping. I don't see a $23.99 price at all on Amazon.

When I walk into my Costco to pick up a 5-pound can of tuna and 20-litre ketchup bottle, I'll see this cd for super cheap and I won't have to stress about mail. :wink:

is it just me or did AMAZON jack up the price again?

U218 Singles [CD/DVD Combo] by U2 (Audio CD - 2006)

Buy new: $29.98 $23.99
Available for Pre-order

I saw that it was at $13.99 yesterday (and at Best Buy it still is) but if you check the site now:

http://tiny url.com/yav6g8

weird!

The U2 18 DVD (of the music videos, not Milan) is only $13.99 at amazon though!

U218 Singles by U2 (DVD)
DVD: See all items
Buy new: $19.98 $13.99
Available for Pre-order

A couple of tips...

If you pre-order from Amazon and they drop the price, they charge you the lowest price. Here's the info from the Amazon website:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Pre-Order Price Guarantee

Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, or DVD, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

Please note that our Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My order total has dropped ten bucks since I pre-ordered.

Plus, be careful which edition you select - When I pre-ordered, I noticed the CD/DVD combo listed at two different prices. One was listed as an import (I live in the US) which was the only difference I could see between the two versions.

And I always take the free shipping. I have found that I usually receive my orders earlier than the estimated date. I got U2 by U2 just a couple days after the release date.

Can't wait to see that Milan DVD!

Danny Boy said:
I really don't see any point in pre-ordering what will be widely available on release day.

I plan on being at Wal-Mart at 7AM and picking up U218 Deluxe Edition, U218 Videos, and The Beatles Love DVD-Audio. :drool:

some of us boycott Walmart...
nah, I'm just messin' with you!

In my town we have a Costco but that's it, no Walmart/Target/Kmart/ and I called Costco but they only have the CD version :(

so the internet is the only way to go!

can someone tell me the difference between the $30 and $23 editions? is it just a screw up or does the 30 has something else besides the cd/dvd

bort269 said:

some of us boycott Walmart...
nah, I'm just messin' with you!

In my town we have a Costco but that's it, no Walmart/Target/Kmart/ and I called Costco but they only have the CD version :(

so the internet is the only way to go!

I have no love of Walmart, but I work 7:30 to 5:30, and nothing else is open that early in the morning.

Im so confused. I hate mail order. Can i just go to Best Buy and buy this next Tuesday? Does it come together, dvd and cd or you have to buy them seperately?
thanks

Danny Boy said:

I have no love of Walmart, but I work 7:30 to 5:30, and nothing else is open that early in the morning.

i know... I really was just kidding!

U2SJ, I think you can just go to the Best Buy in San Jose on tuesday and but the LIMITED EDITION CD+DVD version for $13.99 and also buy the DVD there.

(the CD+DVD is the CD and the Milan DVD)
the DVD is just the music videos

damn... amazon is now $19.99 for the limited edition CD/DVD

bestbuy no longer has it at $13.99, it's $27.99 !!!

the moral of the story is PREORDER while they are confused with the different versions!

I pre-ordered both the CD/DVD combo and the videos DVD from Amazon. I got them for $13.99 each since that was the lowest price Amazon offered them at from the time I pre-ordered until the release date.

I took the free SuperSaver shipping and they estimated an arrival date around November 30th. Then I got an e-mail that my order had shipped on November 18 and I received the package in my mailbox this morning, the release date in the US!

So, I definitely recommend Amazon - Their lowest price policy means I don't have to keep re-checking for the best price. Plus, if you take the free shipping option, you still usually get your orders well before the estimated date of arrival.

Last edited:
the moral of the story is youre suckers for buying a bunch of songs you already have :wink:

dawnboo said:
I pre-ordered both the CD/DVD combo and the videos DVD from Amazon. I got them for $13.99 each since that was the lowest price Amazon offered them at from the time I pre-ordered until the release date.

I took the free SuperSaver shipping and they estimated an arrival date around November 30th. Then I got an e-mail that my order had shipped on November 18 and I received the package in my mailbox this morning, the release date in the US!

So, I definitely recommend Amazon - Their lowest price policy means I don't have to keep re-checking for the best price. Plus, if you take the free shipping option, you still usually get your orders well before the estimated date of arrival.

well done... I definately learned my lesson!

I hesitated because I wanted to have it the day it came out at my local store, but your method would have been better!

oh well, no stupid rule! ;)

Chizip said:
the moral of the story is youre suckers for buying a bunch of songs you already have :wink:

Plus the semi-Milan DVD :wink:

Edit.> BTW aren't u guys surprises that'sdoing pretty well on amazon ? It's 19,99 , still last time I checked it was 14th most sold , as a compilation only behind beatles and all ........ And no sign of like Oasis Clocks

Last edited:
Oasis is a club band in the US...theyde have even a problem selling out an arena unless it was in a big city like New York or something along those lines.

I went to Circuit City AND Wal-Mart today and neither had the deluxe version. Wal-Mart didn't even have the single disc. :eyebrow:

So I just bought it from Amazon. Blah, I should have preordered.

Back
Top Bottom