Get On Your Boots tanking on itunes?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so sleazy just for clicking on that site. Do people really read that crap? :huh:

By the way who cares whether its the best seller ever or whether its 37 on the itunes chart?

surely it up to each idividual whether they like it or not? I personally love the song so i will keep playing it whether its no 37 or no 1!

By the way who cares whether its the best seller ever or whether its 37 on the itunes chart?

surely it up to each idividual whether they like it or not? I personally love the song so i will keep playing it whether its no 37 or no 1!

Hallelujah. :up:

Am i right in saying that you can only get Boots on the US iTunes store if you preorder NLOTH? If that's the case you couldn't possibly expect it to challenge the top selling singles anyway.

In any case, who cares?!

Am i right in saying that you can only get Boots on the US iTunes store if you preorder NLOTH? If that's the case you couldn't possibly expect it to challenge the top selling singles anyway.

In any case, who cares?!

from U2.com:

Download Your Boots (US)
Like the new single ? Live in the US? You can download it from iTunes.

North American fans can download Get On Your Boots from today - and if you pre-order the album on the US iTunes store, you also get to download the single immediately as part of the deal.

so "officialy" it's just one day in the store, maybe now there will be only one GOYB in the chart, and it will go higher

To be honest and perhaps this is the wrong forum to do it in but Boots is awful.And that comes from a massive U2 fan.

Shows how mature some of the people are on that site when you look at the comments!,

am i right in thinking this is that weaird little man that presented an award at the MTV music awards?

First off, the song doesn't suck. It's not lame. Quite the opposite. And it's not "tanking" on iTunes if you look at the numbers. There are TWO versions of the song — one from the regular album presales and one from the deluxe release. If the two were combined, the single would still appear to be doing well.

I think the dye in Hilton's hair is getting to him.

Perez Hilton is so gay it is not funny anymore. And I live in Amsterdam so I really don't have a problem with gay people. Hé, I even have gay friends (no, I don't but that is the poltically correct thing to say, isn't it). He is not man, not a woman but a little troll that looks like he has been run over by a bus a couple of times. God, I just don't like the little fucker:mad:.

Perez Hilton is so gay it is not funny anymore. And I live in Amsterdam so I really don't have a problem with gay people. Hé, I even have gay friends (no, I don't but that is the poltically correct thing to say, isn't it). He is not man, not a woman but a little troll that looks like he has been run over by a bus a couple of times. God, I just don't like the little fucker:mad:.
Uggh.
The new song rocks and Paris Hilton sucks. Any questions?
:D

I'm not sure what is worse--your denigration of gay people or your attempt at justifying it. Please consider your comments more carefully in the future.

from U2.com:

Download Your Boots (US)
Like the new single ? Live in the US? You can download it from iTunes.

North American fans can download Get On Your Boots from today - and if you pre-order the album on the US iTunes store, you also get to download the single immediately as part of the deal.

so "officialy" it's just one day in the store, maybe now there will be only one GOYB in the chart, and it will go higher

This goes to show how on top of the news U2.com is. It's been on iTunes for how many days now! Maybe now that U2.com made the announcement it will skyrocket to the top of the charts. (Assuming the rest of the world had no clue they even still made music - must be in a shell given the events this past weekend)

First, you could buy this song off itunes starting 5 or 6 days ago. Second, you don't need to preorder the album in order to buy the single. (My brother just bought this song for himself moments ago.) Third, it's now #45 on the itunes chart and the second version has dropped out of the top 100. Fourth, keep this thread alive so that we don't have to continue this discussion in the polling threads where it originated.

You can have gay friends and so perform more subtle acts of homophobia besides the more usual/commonly-known ones. ;)
Homophobia is a real phobia and it can be pathologic in certain people like any other phobia. It's the non-recognition of the "other" as an individual and of its identity.

But yeah, I hate parasites/society-hosts like him too...

To be honest and perhaps this is the wrong forum to do it in but Boots is awful.And that comes from a massive U2 fan.

Believe me, every forum is the right now to complain about how bad the song is. Maybe you want to take that into other forums here as well, so no one is in danger of missing out another GOYB (and U2) bashing statement.

Man, I'm getting tired of all this whining. Can't we just close the whole album forum und re-open it when the album is released?

I like GOYB, but I do wonder what the band thought would happen when they released it. It's too self-conscious to be the complete trashy rock it's pretending to be (at least Discotheque sounded like they earnestly wanted to make a dance record), its intro makes it sound like a throwaway track (see the EW review - I agree, the intro seems dire until you get into it), and it is - despite the claims of some on these forums - very far removed from even Vertigo, not to mention Beautiful Day.

I was glad they released this song at first, but now I'm just blindly hoping the band knows what they're doing. I hope they have at least one song in their back pocket (NLOTH, Crazy Tonight?) that's a sure-fire hit.

Because the public might ape U2 for trying too hard to be epic/meaningful, but that's what the public really wants on a new U2 single: something that's somehow bigger than anything else out there.

And I love GOYB, but it's too hard to get into for anyone other than the diehard fans.

The fact of the matter is that it is tanking on I-tunes.

Rather than shoot the messenger (Perez Hilton), perhaps people should explore why the song is looks like it is going to be a commercial flop.

I'm befuddled and a little angry that my favorite band put out such a tuneless, hookless, inaccessible piece of music out as a leadoff single.

My questions would be:

Did the band expect it to be well received commercially?

Or did the band do it just because they can - to knock the public off balance?

Did they put this song out to fight the notion that they are an "adult contemporary" band, over the hill, yesterday's news?

I think they must have known it was not a viable commercial single.

Belgium: 11 - 10 - 5
Canada: 1/16 - 2/34 - 3/59
France: 1 - 1 - 1
Japan: 25 - 19 - 21
Luxembourg: 13 - 8 - 16
New Zealand: 1 - 1 - 2
Norway: 9 - 3 - 3
Portugal: 1 - 1 - 1
Sweden: 1 - 1 - 2
USA: 16/37 - 22/55 - 37/85

There's Boots chart run on iTunes around the world
It's been dropping fast in the US