Get On Your Boots Single Tracklisting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope you are all right on the money. If an album is finished it doesn't mean that the release date is set in stone. Lots of things can happen. So Bram, let's see if you are accually right or that it was just wishful thinking and the U2 fan speaking.

Hi, it's been a while since I posted but here's something I found today. This info wasn't available earlier, I think.

It seems U2 is only releasing a 2-track single and the 7 inch single since Amazon.co.uk is now only listing a 2-track song including a picture of the back of the CD-single.

The B-side is No Line On The Horizon 2, no sign of any remix of Boots so far.
Don't know what the're doing; I've never been this badly informed so late in the process on B-sides.

Rob

41hoy63cmIL._SS400_.jpg

Nice find :up:

So the NLOTH 2 rumor is true... nice. But I really was expecting a Boots remix :(

Yeah, was hoping for that too. I'm always into alternate versions like NLOTH 2. Loved the iTunes early takes on some of the HTDAAB-tracks. But this is somewhat disappointing, especially for collectors. A good remix is always welcome.

It's also quite strange that U2.com is still listing 2 cd's and a 7-inch through amazon. That's confusing. They should be able to release the final tracklisting by now...

I'm not bitching about remixes, I'm very much into b-sides, wether it's a new track, an alternate version, a remix or a great live version of a song.

My point is that the tracklisting is still uncertain (unless this 2-track CD is it!) and that it's kinda disapointing that there are only two tracks, with one alternate version which I'm very much looking forward to.:drool:

2 track CD Singles + a 7" [or 2] is standard UK 'physical product" these days, a far cry from the days of Who;s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses and Even Better Than The Real Thing CD Singles eh.. all the best stuff seems to be left for digital EPs..

I was intending on getting the physical release, but if it is £2.99 for 2 tracks I might as well get the digital version (though I'd prefer CD quality).

you've got to be kididng me. people were rooting for remixes? is this really interference? where the F am I?

you've got to be kididng me. people were rooting for remixes? is this really interference? where the F am I?
I think anticipation for the leak is just screwing with people's heads.

(Also, we're totally impossible to please, so, if they gave us new tracks, we'd be biyotching about the lack of remixes, and if they gave us remixes, we'd be biyotching about the lack of new tracks. :wink:)

Actually, a first single release that offers up an alternate version of a song on a forthcoming album :)huh:) and nothing else, leads me to a very cool thought. They are protecting everything that they have done so far for a potential new album release within the next 2 years. :drool:

Actually, a first single release that offers up an alternate version of a song on a forthcoming album :)huh:) and nothing else, leads me to a very cool thought. They are protecting everything that they have done so far for a potential new album release within the next 2 years. :drool:

I wouldn't mind something older (Levitate, Flower Child...etc) in CD quality as a b-side.
...unless they're protecting those songs for next re-mastered editions...

I wouldn't mind something older (Levitate, Flower Child...etc) in CD quality as a b-side.

Yeah, this. So many fans around the world missed out on the Complete U2 iTunes rarities and I think putting some of them on a single now would be a nice gesture. Sure, most of us here have those tracks, but I know U2 fans who are not into the online community who weren't even aware of these tracks until I burnt them some CDs, and like you say, proper CD quality would be very welcome.

I'm really curious about the two different versions of NLOTH. From reviews I thought the album version was the punk-ish/grunge-ish one, many talked about Bono screaming and heavy guitars, but in the Wallmart clip it sounds more like a calm,laid-back version. Then again, fan reviewers said the song has twists and turns, so who knows. On the single version of NLOTH, there seem to be backing vocals from Will.I.Am. I don't know how they will fit with either punk/rock or layered/atmospheric version, but I'll reserve judgement. I still feel it's not a great idea to put an alternative version of a song on a single that will be released later on an album.

Hi, it's been a while since I posted but here's something I found today. This info wasn't available earlier, I think.

It seems U2 is only releasing a 2-track single and the 7 inch single since Amazon.co.uk is now only listing a 2-track song including a picture of the back of the CD-single.

The B-side is No Line On The Horizon 2, no sign of any remix of Boots so far.
Don't know what the're doing; I've never been this badly informed so late in the process on B-sides.

Rob

41hoy63cmIL._SS400_.jpg

the other single on amazon.co.uk says it has the video:
Get On Your Boots: U2: Amazon.co.uk: Music

31h9eizYXgL._SS400_.jpg

but it is not a DVD, just a CD... I haven't bought a CD-single since Window in the Skies, but do they put videos on CDs now? The WITS single with a video (of course not of WITS, but of TSAC) was on a DVD.

This single release is all over the place. I got what I thought was the only cd single for GOYB in the post today, now it seems Amazon have something else - but not out until 24/2. And it has the video on, yet it isn't a dvd?!:huh:

31h9eizYXgL._SS400_.jpg

but it is not a DVD, just a CD... I haven't bought a CD-single since Window in the Skies, but do they put videos on CDs now? The WITS single with a video (of course not of WITS, but of TSAC) was on a DVD.

im a collector, and i didnt realise that there was a cd2!

is this true?

and has anyone noticed it is OUT NEXT WEEK???

weird.

has anyone got both cd singles of this already or have amazon got it wrong?

31h9eizYXgL._SS400_.jpg

...argh just like the R.E.M.single from a year ago and it stiffed because they did'nt do everything on 'day 1'

I expect a digital single to usually be released a week early but this is annoying.

it would be odd to release a remix before the single... i know some bands put out another album track with the first single, but usually not the title track, and certainly nto a remix of a song we haven't heard yet...

i'm guessing this tracklisting will end up not being the final one.

Yeah I have been wondering about this too. I have this leaked NLOTH on my computer, but I did not listen to it. Now I want to wait until I have the album in my hands anyway. But why release a remix before the original is beyond me. With BD they released Always and Summer Rain.

Yeah I have been wondering about this too. I have this leaked NLOTH on my computer, but I did not listen to it. Now I want to wait until I have the album in my hands anyway. But why release a remix before the original is beyond me.

It's not a remix, but an alternative version. Coldplay example: :D
Coldplay released Violet Hill as the lead single off Viva La Vida. Its B-side was Lost?, an acoustic version of the album track Lost! (which was later even released as a single).
So it has been done before. :)

Oh ok, I see. I didn't listen to it (deliberately), even if I have it. From now on I want the joy of unwrapping, put the CD in my player and drink a beer while I scare my kids with the volume control ;).

31h9eizYXgL._SS400_.jpg

God dammit. Of course they wait till everyone has already bought the first single to announce a second version that has everything on the first one plus the video.

Interesting, I would have thought a DVD single would be available, but this appears to be a CD, I guess the video is enhanced content (quicktime)

I think DVD singles are extinct, the last one I bought was mid 2006.

People are quoting examples from 2000 or 2002, but the singles chart, rules and formats in the UK have changed drastically since then, like I said before a 2 track CD + 7" is yer lot unless you do digital.

The bonus video thing is old though, I have CD singles from the late 1990s with such Quicktime Movies on them.

Interesting, I would have thought a DVD single would be available, but this appears to be a CD, I guess the video is enhanced content (quicktime)
There is no QT video on CD, only possibility to download the video.
gvid.jpg

Back
Top Bottom