Get On Your Boots Single Tracklisting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this for the digital release in the UK and Ireland too? Well done U2, let fans everywhere but the UK and Ireland buy your song until a week before the album release. This band is great at business moves....

And again... it looks like it's not a remix, but an alternate (and radically different) version of NLOTH from the sessions

ok... fine. a different mix instead of a re-mix. it's all symantics. the point is still that releasing a version of a song that is different from the version that is on the album BEFORE the album is released is a rather silly thing.

^ See it positive, you can buy both releases at once.

Seriously, how many fans are really buying the single? I will only buy the album. The only reason for me to buy the single is if it had an extra b-side that is not on the album. I still believe it's delayed because of the video.

I also never liked the idea of them releasing an alternative version of NLOTH, a song that will be on the album, before they release the album itself. The song was rumoured to be the bonus track on some editions, but at the moment it looks like there will be no bonus tracks at all.

^^^^^^

exactly. i'm staying positive, because most reviews so far see this album as an amazing piece of work.

and we're only 3 weeks (maybe earlier if it leaks) away! :hyper:

ok... fine. a different mix instead of a re-mix. it's all symantics. the point is still that releasing a version of a song that is different from the version that is on the album BEFORE the album is released is a rather silly thing.

I don't know, I usually don't like remixes because they are often made by talentless hacks who think putting a techno bass drum under the vocal makes the song danceable.

Whereas alternative versions of songs, made by the band can be really interesting. The two versions were mentioned in the Q article. Bono preferred the latter rock version, whereas the Q journalist preferred the earlier more ambient version.

To be honest, I thought we would never get to hear both, so I'm really happy it's coming out!

I have a feeling the album will be delayed for one or two weeks. It makes no sense at all to release a single and the cd in the same week. I can't find the logic in that. I must say that all the rumors, delays etc. are starting to become annoying. A journalist who gets to listen to the cd but claims it is not finished, a video with watermarks on some pictures, a single which is delayed and put on sale in the same week as the new album. It gets a bit much. And U2.com isn't much help either. Talk about something totally useless.

Guys, the single was already released on the big markets (except UK and Ireland)... that's just the physical version. It means nothing.

Guys, the single was already released on the big markets (except UK and Ireland)... that's just the physical version. It means nothing.

errmmm apart from featuring an unreleased version of a track from the new album.

Just that.

I mean, nothing interesting.

Nothing that people in Interference would discuss about

Or that as U2 fans we would like to hear

I think you are right

errmmm apart from featuring an unreleased version of a track from the new album.

Just that.

I mean, nothing interesting.

Nothing that people in Interference would discuss about

Or that as U2 fans we would like to hear

I think you are right

Hey, think a little before post mate...

I was saying that it means nothing cause it won't affect the release date of the album. It's a b-side and non-fans don't give a f**k about b-sides. What Boots has to sell, it'll sell on downloads. So, the physical release means almost nothing to Universal and U2.

I have a feeling the album will be delayed for one or two weeks. It makes no sense at all to release a single and the cd in the same week. I can't find the logic in that. I must say that all the rumors, delays etc. are starting to become annoying. A journalist who gets to listen to the cd but claims it is not finished, a video with watermarks on some pictures, a single which is delayed and put on sale in the same week as the new album. It gets a bit much. And U2.com isn't much help either. Talk about something totally useless.

The release date is locked. There have been about 659 reviews of the finished album already. Did you just time-warp to mid-January?

Yeah, I scheduled a vacation day on the 3rd just for the U.S. release. :|

U2 better get their shit together and realize their album release day is now like a worldwide holiday. :lol:

This is nearly as bad as the Mercy = Moment of Surrender conspiracies that continued to flare up well into the new year. Use your heads guys.

Hey, think a little before post mate...

I was saying that it means nothing cause it won't affect the release date of the album. It's a b-side and non-fans don't give a f**k about b-sides. What Boots has to sell, it'll sell on downloads. So, the physical release means almost nothing to Universal and U2.

Oooops, sorry, misread your point!

:doh:

Have to learn to read...

Santiago

what if U2 quit before the end of February???

we are fucked:whistle:

i just read on a blog that U2 has indeed delayed the album. the reason being, the band accidently inserted the HTDAAB album in all of the cds they sent out. because of this, U2.com will be streaming the HTDAAB starting tomorrow to compensate fans and even a couple blind sheep.

It makes sense because they both start with "M".
Plus they're both pretty long so...that could only mean that the album has been delayed until 2010 and each track will be a different mix of Moment Of Mercy...:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom